Experian Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Craig Boundy

Pros
Cons
  • Relatively low salary and not so good work-life balance (overtime, no remote work) (in 19 reviews)

• Senior management can be absent & disconnected with staff (in 40 reviews)

1. "Terrible"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are not many pros.

Cons

Terrible senior leadership and practices. They care only about themselves. Sweat shop. Don't work there!

Advice to Management

Treat people like assets not commodities. Give them the freedom to fail and encourage them when the do.

2. "Administration"

Current Contractor - IT Professional in Omaha, NE
    Current Contractor - IT Professional in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Experian as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay during this contract period

Cons

Lack of communication, lies, lack of support, lies, really expensive benefits, lies

Advice to Management

Stop lying when you hire someone

"Things to consider before joining any company"

I worked at Experian full-time

Pros

-company that aspires to be global
    -gain experience with FACTA and working for a credit reporting bureau

Cons

-being accosted in employee parking lot by angry consumers seeking assistance

"Do not agree to work under the contract for ECS"

Former Employee - Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

1) an experience working for a big company

Cons

1) incompetent people
    2) treat you as the slave
    3) no compensation
    4) no opportunities to grow
    5) a lot of politics games
    6) high level people do not care about mid-level people
    7) a lot of gossiping around each and everything
    8) people are selfish and arrogant
    9) a small salary for this amount of stress and work

Advice to Management

Be open not only in your words on public but also in real actions. Listen to your employees and not to your ego of the bonus for the year. Give your employees a chance to grow inside the company. Do play the game we do not care we just hire and cut people whenever we want.

"Massive Waste of Time"

Former Employee - Technology Architect in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Technology Architect in Riverside, CA

I worked at Experian (More than 5 years)

Pros

Experian is exactly like Blockbuster, before the fall--Arrogant, aloof, and underestimates the rate of technological change. There is no value for innovation. There is no respect for people. This was evident in my 2 week tenure. My first 3 days, I did not have a computer--and was expected to know what was being emailed to me by HR as if I did. Your employee orientation lasts long enough to take you to the security guard to get your badge, and then good luck...go got work. Nobody talks to you. Nothing like driving into work and sitting in traffic an hour to sit in a cube in a fairly trafficked area, and nobody even says hello. Ice cold, if you are a people person, this place will make you angry. I don't think anyone knew I had kids, taught at the University, and did not care to ask. Never seen a place like this. Don't waste your time on the interview process, this is not a good place to work, no matter how many awards they buy.

Cons

This is not a technology company, so if you are a geek. Go somewhere else--they dont like geeks! The PC I finally got, could barely run the security compliance software. I did not even have Visio for diagrams. There is no trust at all, and no assumption of professional competency. Pretty much all web sites are blocked. Try writing code with Notepad, I swear they just wanted to frustrate me. Forget about Eclipse, Atom, Cloud9 -- you are screwed! Lets say you install a Linux Shell and wget an editor...busted. You cant even install personal productivity software on your work computer. Think for second, why does a place so anal about security run windows? Makes no sense at all...how much malware/rats/viruses have been dropped on Ubuntu or Open Office? Don't walk away from your desk to go workout--forget about work life balance--that is corporate BS too. When I came back, I had a Kensington Lock on my computer and chair--how humiliating. Here is the rub, I was not given a Kensington Lock, and when this incident occurred, short of it being a good laugh on me. I never got one for my computer, so what was the point, short of humiliation.

Advice to Management

Trust your people and treat them like they have a brain, or give them a severance and send them home. Make the office a civilized place. Fire the managers that hide in their office. Stop the fruit bowl Tuesdays and use the money to buy modern computers. Higher HR staff that understand the value of employee retention. First impressions matter, orientation needs to be more than here is your security badge and good luck.

7. "Never join Experian as a contractor."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Experian as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

People are good. Work very collaboratively.

Cons

They lack vision for hiring contractors. Being a multi-billion dollar company they lack planning. They hired and fired many contractors in a span of 3-4 months. Looks like they had budget for only 1 quarter hired and fired in 3 months. A few contractors hired for QA were fired like within a week of joining. So never join it as a contractor.

Advice to Management

Please don't waste everybody's time. Hire only if you have long term plan not because you have budget for a quarter.

"Dog and Pony Show"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary is higher than the average, descent medical, 401k match is higher than average, HR is top notch

Cons

Management is typically promoted from within and have ZERO professional or managerial training so they are close minded, judgemental, insecure, bitter, and seem to hate their job. Experian acquired Passport so they growth was too fast for executive to conduct quality measurement and performance reviews. Staff is scattered and most staff members have more qualifications than their management. If a job says 50-70% travel they mean 100%, most managers want you to travel on your Sundays and don't care if it's a holiday.

Advice to Management

Take some training, relax and embrace the opportunity to learn and grow. Take care of your employees cause they make you look good.

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time

Pros

The company name on resume

Cons

Lies about job position and details of work, initially stated customer service ended up being sales.

Management was micro managing, supervisor would check personal trash bins to gather Intel against you.

Manager was uninviting, intimidating and would yell across the room to get my attention. Very disrespectful.

Call center supervisor was oblivious or simply complacent to mistreatment of call center agents.

Even with excellent record of attendance, quality of service and exceeding quotas if 1 manager doesn't like you and cries to her supervisor it's over for you.

Basic pay.

Advice to Management

Why not try getting managers that are genuine, honest and open minded to different cultures .

Treat others with respect regardless of level or superiority.

Have the decency to make people aware of high turn over rates therefore an understanding that at any moment to meet profit need people are let go on a constant basis for little to no reason.

"Look out, change is coming"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company is made up of some very seasoned, knowledgeable people that care about Experian, its clients and consumers. They are dedicated and many have been at the company for decades. Their contributions have made the company what it is today.

Cons

A new President of the CIS division has joined the company. He tells the employees one thing and does another. It is clear that he has intentions that will adversely affect the current employee base.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, after all they are the reason why the company has been successful.

"Employee beware!"

I worked at Experian (More than a year)

Pros

Hourly rate, most people were easy to work with

Cons

Workload, politics, lack of leadership