Experian Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All Cities

1.0
Craig Boundy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Mature working environment with an excellent focus on work life balance (in 113 reviews)

• everyone has a laptop and can work from home as needed (in 35 reviews)

Cons

"Disgraceful Company w/ Horrific Work Environment"

Former Employee - Financial Manager - Targeting in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Financial Manager - Targeting in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only pro I can think of pertains to the benefits which are reasonable for a company of this size.

Cons

The company, more specifically Targeting has high employee turn-over due to the toxic environment created by financial leaders. For example, I have a religious obligation on Friday’s and on more than one occasion, I was reminded that it is inappropriate to engage in religious prayer during company hours. In addition, the company offers no flexibility – you are expected to be at work by 8:00 AM and cannot leave until 6:00 PM. The hours matter more than productivity and quality of work delivered. Targeting senior financial leadership also makes inappropriate remarks and considers themselves superior to others. The functional teams do not function as a collective unit. Therefore, many obstacles need to be overcome in order to complete an objective. These are some of the reasons why high performing employees, including myself are exiting the organization.

Advice to Management

Replace the financial leadership for Targeting.

2. "Sales prevention at its worst!"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice, smart coworkers. Good benefits. Good work life balance as many positions remote. Experian name well known.

Cons

Experian Marketing Services has some management issues with micro management. "Management by terrorism." This division is notorious with sales reps across the company who hope to never have to report to this management team. Certain teams lack strategy and do not offer a clear path to success. Don't plan to make any commission during your first year with company. Most frustrating company I have ever worked at!

Advice to Management

Do away with micro management unless you want the good employees to keep leaving. Don't hire senior people and then manage them like they are in kindergarten. If you are going to launch a new division then put proper support in place before you hire a sales team. Fix Contracts/ legal process as is impossible to navigate. Can't get anything done at Experian. Trying to get a contract processed once you make a sale takes weeks/ even months!

"A Nightmare on Summer Street"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Boston Location Ideal
    Flexible work from home options

Cons

-Product and Pricing are not competitive in market. This puts the Sales team at a major disadvantage
    -Internal promotions are great but not when you have a bunch of useless people in management positions and frivolous departments created just because people have been around for a long time and expect career advancement
    -Inappropriate workplace favoritism.
    -Out of touch management
    -No support from peers (everyone looks out for themselves and will throw you under the bus)
    -Slow to adapt to change

Advice to Management

Care to innovate your product, invest in good people and trim away the people who are weighing you down.

4. "Analyst"

I worked at Experian full-time

Pros

Fellow team members pleasant to work with.

Cons

Management not trust worthy. They change the rules. There is no "transparency "
     You're expected to work 24\7 so "family time " as manangement claims is not first
     Experian is very much about the dollar.

Advice to Management

Be honest and forthcoming about changes. Be honest with your clients about services you provide.

"Revolving door unable to retain talent"

Current Employee - Operations in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Operations in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experian brand
    work/life balance (read: employees work 8-5, strictly)
    occasional happy hour

Cons

lacks leadership, at all levels
    poor management
    lacks process
    little to zero innovation (product or process)
    consistently high turnover
    a number of shady situation where sales has sold something but management hasnt properly paid out
    products are decent but far from sustainable

Advice to Management

stop doing what you've been doing for years and get a fresh perspective. Listen to the feedback of your employees. Dont be blindly driven by hitting EBITA.

"Terrible"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are not many pros.

Cons

Terrible senior leadership and practices. They care only about themselves. Sweat shop. Don't work there!

Advice to Management

Treat people like assets not commodities. Give them the freedom to fail and encourage them when the do.

"No trust in employees, extremely toxic environment"

I worked at Experian full-time

Pros

I can't think of a pro about this place. I guess the location is good if you live in the city.

Cons

Unless you want to be treated like a child and be disrespected every single day, I suggest you run, and run fast and far away. This place doesn't have any trust in their employees or understand that life happens outside of work. Family stuff and doctors appointments happen, but this place doesn't care or seem to get that. Additionally, you must work 9+ hours a day. If you leave one minute before that, you will get yelled at. They also hold mandatory end of month meetings AFTER hours, so on top of your 9 hour day you must stay for these, or again, you will get yelled at like a child. Some of us have families and children we must get home to, but this place doesn't care. I've never seen such an inflexible place of employment in my entire career.

I've never felt so untrusted in my entire career. I always felt like I was being watched. Also a very catty and toxic environment, which starts at the director level and above. I'm well into my career and have never experienced people questioning my integrity until I got to EDQ. In fact, all of my previous employers have always tried to counter me when I gave my notice, so to be treated like a child at this place really says something. I've literally seen so much turnover in my life at one company in such a short amount of time.

My advice is not to take a job here, even if you're incredibly desperate. Something else will come along! It's not worth the distress.

Advice to Management

Give your director level and above management more training on how to properly manage employees. Instead of babysitting your employees, have trust in them. Maybe you'll start to see less turnover.

"Sinking ship that's already sunk"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Experian full-time

Pros

Benefits are up to normal standards. Once was a great place to work.

Cons

The platform is a disaster. Customers are fleeing. HR works for the company and not the employee.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and sell to someone who might fix the disastrous platform.

"Went from one of the best places I've worked at to the worst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays well if upper management likes you.

Cons

Political atmosphere, office is divided, constant smear tactics by senior managers to make any dissenters look bad. Lost a lot of talent due to this. Constant re-orgs, quarterly/monthly layoffs, incompetent and insecure management. Complete lack of integrity by senior leadership.

Advice to Management

It's too late anyway.

"Things to consider before joining any company"

I worked at Experian full-time

Pros

-company that aspires to be global
    -gain experience with FACTA and working for a credit reporting bureau

Cons

-being accosted in employee parking lot by angry consumers seeking assistance

Showing 124 of 1,386 reviews