Experian Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All Cities

"Product Managment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large company, better benefits. Nice building environment.

Cons

Constant transition in Management and lower level employees. Layoffs continual in small groups.A company held by share holders and their desire for more money which equals more layoffs. Very public major breach caused more lawsuits and more layoffs and restructure.

"Believe the Negative Reveiws"

Former Employee - IT Software Dev in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - IT Software Dev in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

Costa Mesa headquarters

A lot of good people trying to pay their bills and not get on the wrong side of their manager. Yes, it’s true, I saw a co-worker eventually get fired for not taking the heat and covering up a manager’s politics and mistakes.

Good for less skilled people. Good coffee and cafeteria

Cons

You really know there is trouble when in the Costa Mesa headquarters: ***

** The negative reviews are articulate, believable and true **
    * 2/3 of the cubes are empty
    * Silence
    * Few personal items in the cubes
    * Contractors quit all the time
    * People don’t talk in meetings (fear)
    * Jobs are moving offshore (great for US citizen privacy)
    * Managers really stuck in their ways

*** and the most salient – they were hacked due to mismanagement, low paid offshore software coders, Project Managers micro-managing the projects, in-fighting among managers for their projects, BS passed up to Sr. management to hide politics and mistakes.***

Advice to Management

You’re not stupid, you know Experian has employee issues.
    You probably know that moving IT (etc.) offshore to save money now, will screw you later. Why is Silicon Valley bringing jobs home?
    Hiring H1-B / foreign workers who have no loyalty and have challenges working in a team?

Replace those who won't change with *experienced* people with up to date skills.

** You do know that you have a lot of long term contractors, In IT they're paid $70-$85 / hr?? you pay their agency $100 - $150 hr?? **

Find another way to work with your customers.
    Do you really like being Bank of America's dog? Wagging your tail while they smack you?

"Not the best place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, cool break area, bathrooms are cool. There were a few great supervisors but they literally just left which is a bummer.

Cons

The company consistently changes policies and they have a quality assurance team that actually tries to get you fired by using their own person feeling to grade you . All the managers and supervisors are quitting rapidly . They slam difficult problems on us and say if you mess up your fired. They don't seem to respect the normal agents

Advice to Management

Get your S@$t together and find a way to show respect toward the employees and stop grading calls so aggressively to the point that each day could be your last

5. "Leader needed to grow the business!"

Current Intern - Senior Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Intern - Senior Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Experian as an intern (More than 8 years)

Pros

Easy to get hired especially if you already know someone in the group. My sales background made for an easy transition into the group and quick ramp up time. Great benefits, work from home and company car make for an appealing compensation package.

Cons

Constant turnover in leadership leaves employees wondering which way to go. I have had more than three supervisors since I started. Every year something changes and not for the better. Sales goals are created, defined and distributed based on whether the sales leader likes you. Conference calls are scheduled on a regular basis and focus on intimidating the employees by discussing the reduction in staff and budget constraints.

Advice to Management

Give us a new leader that truly cares about the customers and the employees. Employees are your best asset and need to be considered for advancement instead of dismissal.

"The old CEO retires, affirmative action hires."

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hmmm....only job in Costa Mesa that's not a burger flipping joint

Cons

Senior management REALLY taking advantage of retirement of the good management team and hiring all their (Obama supporting) friends, if you get the drift. ...And boy oh boy....they can't string a sentence together. Leaders? NO. Confidence builders? NO. Your data at risk? YES. I called E.F. Hutton and he said, "SELL! SELL! SELL!" ....enough said.

Advice to Management

Guess you better grab what you can off the deck before it's under water.

"Customer service agent"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, accumulative vacation every two weeks and willing to work with school schedules.

Cons

I have been with the company for 4 years and this company is full of broken promises. When you start training they will butter you up promising you this and that but when the time comes for you to received what was promised management will say they've made changes to the procedures.
    I'm all for changes but not changes every other week with little training and high expectations.
    The products that the company offer are not effective for consumers. There is more technical issues than actual product services. You'll find yourself trouble shooting on most of your calls. Management/IT has no resolutions for products issues.
    If you plan to be in a company that you can grow in this is not the company for you. Management only promotes friends, it seems like everyone that gets promoted is buddies with management.
    They hardly notice any hard work or any agents going above and beyond what they're supposed to do. If they call you to their desk it's more than likely because they want to tell you how you didn't do something right.
    You get punished for doing something incorrectly when you weren't ever trained on how to properly do it.

The company looks at you as a number not an person. Everyone is constantly quitting this company. The company turn over rate is out the roof. But they don't care because they'll just hire more agents. There is literally a new hire class every month and half of them are gone before the next month.

Basically if you're an customer service rep. You are at the bottom and superiors will do a good job of making sure you know that.

Advice to Management

Your days are numbered.

"Customer Service Associate"

Former Employee - CSA in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - CSA in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dasani bottle water .50 cents, Game room, TV and Nap rooms. That's about it.

Cons

This place is horrible! Trainers, and Mgmt are horrible. I wasted my time here. They have no sense of direction!

Advice to Management

Start back from the ground up. Starting with management.

"Computer Science Intern"

Former Intern - IT Intern in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Intern - IT Intern in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Experian as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice facility, some nice co-workers

Cons

No real software development, just some SQL. As an Intern in the IT department. I had no learning objectives set for me and no role. My mentor did not want to teach me any skills, so I would just pick up random tasks from the managers. The ratio between managers and "developers" on my team was 1:1 so there is no design choice for you. The number of technologies used is very small and seem outdated.

Advice to Management

If you decide to hire someone, set goals and objective.

"Customer service"

Former Employee - Executive Protection in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Protection in McKinney, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the managers cared about you. But it seemed the higher you went up the ladder the less they cared

Cons

Be prepared to be yelled at by every customer that you come in contact with.

Advice to Management

Get your act together. Treat people like adults

"Vice President"

Former Employee - Vice President in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Pay that is all

Cons

Horrible place to work. They have these huge margins but still lay off good people. Very top heavy in management with huge bonuses in the 7 figure range while other struggle. This truly is a bad company on so many levels. I would not join them.

Advice to Management

Start over.