Experian Reviews | Glassdoor

Experian Reviews

Updated April 2, 2017

US - All Cities

Pros
Cons
  • Relatively low salary and not so good work-life balance (overtime, no remote work) (in 19 reviews)

• Senior management can be absent & disconnected with staff (in 40 reviews)

1. "Great Company - Lots of Work"

Current Employee - Internal Audit in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Internal Audit in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

Experian hires smart people - it is a great company to work for: good work/life balance, benefits, culture. Once you get hired be prepared to work and work hard! At times the job can get challenging, but always rewarding.

Cons

Not much to say here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up ! f

2. "Great work-life balance in HR"

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working for a department and CHRO who understands the importance of balancing work and home life. I truly feel like I'm able to do my job and not be questioned on my whereabouts. Therefore, I give 110% of myself into my job.

Also, a strong culture on community outreach. Love that!

Cons

Not a great amount of cross functional development or training within the departments. Some silos are quite visable.

3. "Great Benefits & Pay But Slow to Change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

Everyone here is smart and friendly, and there's a lot of old-timers here. I have several colleagues who have been with the company over 40 years! That's gotta say something, right? The benefits here are also pretty amazing. For example, they really value loyalty here, so the longer you're at the company, the more accelerated your paid time off is. They start you off at 15 accrued paid days off, and after 2 years with the company, they already bump you up to 20 days off per year - and that's not including the 10 paid holidays and 5 days of sick time either! You get 5 days of sick time per year with no need to accrue. It doesn't roll over, but you get it automatically at the start of every year. Depending on your team, there's a lot of work/life balance with opportunities to work from home if needed. The maternity leave is also generous here, so it's a great place to work if you plan to start a family or already have one. They have an employee stock purchase plan that has really paid off, giving employees 15% off the lowest fair market rate, and they match 401 (k) at 4% (100% vested). They even have a 401 (k) Roth option as well if you prefer everything to be after taxes. I also think the pay is really competitive compared to others in the area. The campus is also in the heart of Costa Mesa, so you're near a lot of good restaurants and happy hours. Managers tend to be flexible, and overall, it's a great place to work.

Cons

It can get pretty clique-y here with some nepotism if you're not part of the good 'ol boys club. If you're in management, you work pretty hard for that sweet-looking paycheck. There seems to be a lot of pressure in upper management, but if you love to work hard or your work is your life, this is the place to be if you're in management. Progress here is slow and bureaucratic, especially updating software systems. They could use a makeover here, but that seems to be in the works for the next couple of years.

Advice to Management

Keep on listening to your employees. As long as you respond to their constructive criticism (at least the ones that are constructive), this will continue to be a great place to work.

5. "Sr Sales Operations Analyst"

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's difficult to move a large company, but we all seem to want to be successful together. The senior leaders are great. They work hard and they care. We are very flexible in time (off or sick). We work hard and play hard here.

Cons

There's nothing significant or worthy of mentioning for the cons section. While no company is perfect, I know we are trying hard to get there. When management cares about their employees, it's difficult to have anything to add for the cons.

Advice to Management

Give employees empowerment.

6. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate Business Development in Covington, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate Business Development in Covington, GA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work if you are looking for work balance life.

Cons

No real job security.

"This has been, is, and continues to be a great place to work."

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Community, Opportunities, Global Locations, International Employees, Information Technology, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Data Analysis, Data Security, Credit Bureau, Tech Research, Leadership.

Cons

24 hour cycles in some business lines, early morning and late night calls to accommodate other time zones across the globe.

Advice to Management

Stay transparent with communication, and respect your colleagues and your Admins.

8. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Great organization. Good pay. Good benefits. Mgmt very invested in personnel development.

Cons

Some crony'ism. Can be cliquey.

"ECS Rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay the ability to advance benefits

Cons

Irregular schedule flexible schedule

"Good company but strict culture"

Former Employee - Customer Services/Response Processing in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Services/Response Processing in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian (Less than a year)

Pros

Gym onsite
    Benefits after 30 days
    Fair amounts of benefits time

Cons

Pay isn't competitive
    Long training periods (9 weeks for CS for example)
    Metrics environment
    No real defined path for growth from what Ive observed. Office politics to play to get ahead of course like most big corporation.
    No bonus offers to tie with metrics.

Advice to Management

To be more engaging as many lack the skills- they are perhaps good at getting their bosses job done but have loss touch with personalizing and teamwork.

11. "Security Administrator I"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The use of state-of-the-art security provisioning applications and maintenance systems.

Cons

Mid-level management lacks confidence to support the administrators concerns and suggestions regarding day-to-day operations.

Advice to Management

Allow administrator/employee empowerment to grow in order for morale and productivity to increase.