Experian Reviews | Glassdoor

Experian Reviews

Updated December 15, 2017

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Mature working environment with an excellent focus on work life balance (in 113 reviews)

• everyone has a laptop and can work from home as needed (in 35 reviews)

1. "Micro Manage USA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

GREAT training and sales support

Cons

Micro manage, you are treated like cattle, no work life balance, "what have you done for me lately" environment, most management have only worked for QAS so they dont know any outside ideas/strategies. Very egotistical management

Advice to Management

Get over your ego, relax, if you want higher quality experience staff treat them that way...not like 21 year old out of college starters.

"A Gauntlet with no prize at the end"

Former Employee - PMO in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - PMO in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

Microsoft Shop, web technology generates 100% revenue so it is important. However, the technical people that deliver the technology are not treated well.

Cons

Poor IT Management with poor ethics. Marketing and product 'managers' are underqualified

"Churn and Burn Sales Baby!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exposure to the normal side of the Experian business.

Cons

The management team is completely incompetent.

Don't work for this company. If you are starting your career they will not guide you correctly; if you are experienced they will ruin your career. QAS has an extremely, extremely BAD reputation in the industry.

Avoid this organization. There are like 20 similar companies in Boston that are better.

And they wonder why the burnout / churn is like 60%?

Advice to Management

This is my third rewrite of the glassdoor review.

My advice is to provide a stable workplace, which is something that you obviously don't do as the sales churn is 60% +

"Really bad leadership and culture, if I didn't love digital marketing I would've been miserable"

Former Employee - Client Implementation Lead in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Implementation Lead in New York, NY

I worked at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have to speak with bias here...

I loved everyday of my work because I actually loved email marketing and loved the brands that I worked with. To implement things for my clients I got to push the limits of their crappy antiquated technology and learned a lot in that process. Because I enjoy creative problem-solving and fast pace environments, the job was really fulfilling.

Selected few people I worked with were truly some of the best talents I have ever met throughout my career with great personalities. However, some of them have left or might no longer be there as you read this.

Environment is casual, everyone is in the 27 year old range, if you are young, this could be a fun company to work in.

The Experian brand looks great on your resume, good for your next career jump.

Company structure is simple and easy to navigate (if you exclude the Experian company).

Occasional free food and alcohol can be a plus.

Casual and comfortable environment and dress code.

Cons

Complete lack of leadership and strategic vision. I thought the management were very childish and clicky. I felt almost as if they were all still in high school. This trickles down to every aspect of the company, from the way they treat employees to they way they compete in the market.

Job promotions are done unfairly, not even really based on seniority which I can understand to some extend. They will usually complement a hard worker but the promotion will be passed to someone who is a suck up. Even if these suck ups are horrible at their job, lazy, slack all day and is completely unqualified. You can imagine the cause and effect leading to bad managers and lost employees/high turnover.

Majority of mid level management are young (under 30) and are still learning to be leaders. This is acceptable if these guys are trying to be good leaders. Problem is most of them think they don't need to improve.

Profanity, hooking up at company events and expressing inappropriate behavior is acceptable. The most unprofessional environment I have been apart of.

There is no such thing as processes/control/efficiency. They operate like a start up which is a downfall for such a large organization. They company grew but the internal processes remained antiquated which causes a lot of issues and inefficiencies leading to long hours, out of scope projects, angry clients, internal miscommunication etc

Turnover is really high, right before I left, there were about 1 person quitting almost every week.

Complete lack of training, you will need to figure everything out yourself with no support from your management team. If you make a mistake due to lack of training, its still your fault. If you like to sink/swim in a job, this is the place for you. Otherwise, close this window and reconsider another job unless you're desperate.

Advice to Management

This goes out to the Experian Company, its time you watch this division closely. They day of depending on profits based on high volume retail clients are over. If you don't revamp the management, watch this company's vision/operations closely soon, they will go down the gutter and all your good employees will be gone.

5. "Big company but not very good for developers"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bristol, CT
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bristol, CT

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility and good team. No pressure normally but yes it's there sometimes.

Cons

No career growth in some departments

"No Job Security, Cut Cost"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be a good company with many loyal employees worked 20+, 30+ years.

Cons

Constant Upper Management changes, layoff happens every 6 months or so to cut cost, employee lack job security, nowhere/department is safe now. Job moved out of US (offshore) to cut cost. No space to grow, no budget for training, you were expected to work 50-60 hours a week, any regular 40 hours a week might be questioned by your upper manager. Heavy mid level managements doing nothing other than collecting status report.

Advice to Management

Do something to retain good people. Too many mid level managements, trim down unnecessary mangers and leaders to save cost is better than let good employees go.

"Comp plan was not accurately described during the interview process by hiring manager"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Significant R&D dollars spent on improving their consumer and commercial credit solutions

Cons

- Hiring managers need to be truthful when explaining the compensation package with their sales people
    - Asked to use cumbersome CRM tool from Siebel as well as update several manual spreadsheets weekly for senior management

"Say goodbye to your life"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good base and commission structure, good benefits. Free beer on Fridays.

Cons

Garbage software, toxic frat-boy culture, micro-management, 100% sales oriented culture to the point where the product itself is almost irrelevant. Travel requirements are significantly underestimated, plan on spending nearly half of the month on the road.

Advice to Management

Develop, trust, compensate. Culture of fear and mistrust won't produce lasting results or a satisfied work force

"IT Group"

Former Employee - IT Group in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - IT Group in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Experian (More than 5 years)

Pros

If your ingrained in the group you can get away with doing very very little, and with no career skill advancement on your part. If your lucky, you can get a very good paycheck for doing nothing, and not even showing up to work. Heck get an IT management position and not even know what SDLC stands for. Or be a project manager and never have seen MS Project in your life.

Cons

Too many overpaid - underskilled staff sitting on their behinds. First level management protects their friends to protect their jobs. Front line management does not posses the knowledge or skill sets to understand the requests or requirements being presented, they are to rock the boat. Far too many uneducated and underskilled staff that have been protected for years and now that the real world has come knocking on their door, they are scared and complaining, Where else can you have a job for 10 plus years in IT without a degree, no certifications, no skill set improvement? Where else can you complain that you cant work from home most of the week? Where else can you come to work past nine, take a two hour lunch, (two hours because besides lunch I have to exercise or play volleyball) and leave before five pm. Most of the older employees act as if it is a high school clich.

Advice to Management

Clean up the dead wood sitting there in Schaumburg, you can remove half the IT group and would not see a difference - especially with the senior members. Stop calling people what they are not, a customer service representative is not a project manager, a solutions arch is not some coder who has managed to sit in the same chair for 15 years. A business analyst is not someone who just happens to have worked with the same workflow for 20 years but has not other knowledge or experience. You have a bunch of overpaid cry babies who need a dose of reality

"Chinese water torture"

Current Employee - Consumer Associate II in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Consumer Associate II in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and time off. The building is clean. There is a good level of interaction and cohesiveness between your coworkers at your same level. For me the commute is easy.

Cons

Lack of room for growth. Poor judges of talent. Cannot see the forest through the trees management. Group think atmosphere. Qualitative and quantitative expectations not based on real world scenarios and situtations. It feels as if team leads and supervisors look down on those the manage.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and look in the mirror. Listen to employees instead of becoming defensive. Stop being dishonest with employees.

Showing 850 of 1,394 reviews