Experian Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Powering Opportunities"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Experian are what makes your time here so brilliant - I've been fortunate enough to work with incredible managers (current manager especially) and inspiring team mates. I am always blown away by the energy and innovation of our people - they're creating cutting edge products and are working in a space that is becoming more and more important to people every day.
    Furthermore, Experian is a truly global company and there are incredible opportunities to work with people from around the world as well as relocate to other offices around the world. I relocated internationally this year, and the support I have received throughout this move has been wonderful – both in and out of work.
    I am also really impressed by the Senior Leaders in the US - they have high visibility and their passion for their work is tangible. I feel like we're being led by a CEO that is both down to earth and passionate. The Senior Leader team is also filled with individuals who love their work and want the best for their teams. It's aspirational.

Cons

My experience with Experian is somewhat unique, as I have worked for the company in two different regions. As such, I have felt the culture change from one region to another and have seen the way in which practices and procedures vary from one city to another. Experian is on a journey, with the recent rebranding assisting to create a global identity that all locations can embed. However, there is still a way to go.

Advice to Management

I would encourage management of the regions to think a little less centrically. There are great teams working across the globe and with a little less take and a little more give, there could be some wins in aligning simple processes, procedures and methodology that would greatly benefit the culture.

"Marketing Analyst"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has great benefits - from fully paid parental leave to paid volunteer time and 401K match. It also really values work-life balance and is great for working parents. The current leadership is engaged and values their employees' opinions. Overall, good place to work and company to retire with.

Cons

Difficult to get promoted or move ahead. There are not a lot of opportunities to be crossed trained or learn additional skills. Promotions are difficult to come by and the pay is on the lower end in the industry.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being engaged, open, and transparent!

"Work hard, innovate and make a difference with great people"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career opportunities in many business units or globally, development resources, working with smart people, being able to innovate, working on a winning team, being able to do volunteer work, work for a company with integrity...so many more pro's.

Cons

Non-sales functions can be lean in terms of resources so you need to regularly create efficiency to survive. Internal systems are archaic and inefficient.

Advice to Management

Upgrade technology; our finance and HR systems are due for an overhaul if we want to be competitively ahead. Build more effective product management capabilities that continually deliver what clients need now and in the future. You are focused on making it a great place to work, but why do internal processes continue to be inefficient? Senior leaders accountable to make us more efficient and responsive to clients.

4. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Newark, DE

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work remotely, understanding of work/life importance, open to suggestions to improve, technology advancement - innovation, recognition, environment of learning & development

Cons

Times of very high pressure toward goals - don't just focus on #'s

Advice to Management

Keep pressing all levels to 'Own It' and 'Make it Happen'

"Great place to work in the OC"

Current Employee - Director in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules with remote possibilities
    Strong leaders who hire solid talent and then get out of the way
    Comprehensive benefits package
    Consistently recognized as one of the most innovative companies by multiple publications

Cons

Building is starting to show its age, but being redone soon

Experian Response

Aug 30, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the positive comments! We are working on a Campus Refresh project that has just started and will be underway over the next several months. Feel free to email any comments or questions... More

"Senior Marketing Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance. Great people. Good compensation.

Cons

Limited opportunities for growth and career advancement.

"Data Analyst"

Current Employee - Web/Data Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Web/Data Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Management allows me to do my job and gives me lots of independence in what I do
    -FTO (Flexible Time Off) is generous and easy to use
    -Lots of opportunities to move around and learn on the job
    -Good people to work with at the peer level, immediate manager level (my previous and current boss are both great) and the leadership level. The chain of command above me is fair and inspiring
    -I could list more, but I'll sum it up with: In general, I am very happy at Experian

Cons

No complaints worth mentioning here :)

"Overall great company, with a few tweaks needed"

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, people and leadership. Experian believes in a work life balance that I haven't seen in any other company I've been with. They adapt and are flexible with all things pertaining to their employees. Development is encouraged and they are willing to provide resources as it pertains to your career. Overall great place to work!

Cons

Although development is encouraged, it seems a bit difficult to find opportunities for advancement within the company. The tools are provided to do so, but I'm not sure if internal candidates are truly considered for advancement opportunities. Also it seems they are on the the lower end of salary compensation as compared with other companies.

Advice to Management

Great place to work with great stability and culture. Internal advancement is something that should be looked into as well as competitive compensation.

"Secure and Safe"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked at Experian 9 years and find the environment safe and secure. I enjoy the collaborative work environment and the "Let's get it done" attitude of my co-workers. People receive recognition for the work they do both inside and outside the organization. They provide many opportunities to volunteer inside and outside the organization. The company gives back to the community we work in.,

Cons

The salary may be on the lower side but the compensation package is generous and fair.

"Significant Pluses to Life at Experian"

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Pay and Benefits
    * Intelligent Challenges
    * Work/Life Balance
    * Programs Promoting Women and Advancement
    * Civic Support

Cons

* Decentralized company and business-unit structure in each region and across the globe

Showing 865 of 1,425 reviews