Experian Reviews | Glassdoor

Experian Reviews

Updated September 8, 2017

US - All Cities

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It has a lot of benefits for their employees and its always taking care of people giving relevance to the work/life balance (in 106 reviews)

• everyone has a laptop and can work from home as needed (in 34 reviews)

1. "So much potential"

Former Employee - Client Development Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Development Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great bunch of people- super smart, super approachable, motivated to understand business issues

Cons

Management team has little to no experience in managing people. My manager was the most micro-managing person I've ever met, and had no formal training in management. Super-political organization too. Also, as with most large companies, there is a constant stream of acquisitions and internal mergers which makes for a very unstable environment

Advice to Management

You had a great bunch of people who have all left in the last year or so. You're never going to succeed with all of the resources you have with that kind of turnover.

2. "Competitive compensation good people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smart, professional co-workers, work-life balance, competitive compensation

Cons

Constant re-organization, limited growth potential in certain office locations, mass lay-offs of good people

Advice to Management

Valuable business assets include your people

3. "Senior Strategic Alliances Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Strategic Alliances Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Strategic Alliances Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Experian (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company, got to meet a lot of great people in various companies.

Cons

This role within the company was not well supported by senior management. Senior management didn't provide good communication to the other sales reps about how the role was to be used.

Advice to Management

Provide better communication to the teams working with the group on how and what the role is and how the team should work together.

"just another cog"

Former Employee - Systems Security Engineer in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Security Engineer in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with.
    Culture was OK for a corporate environment.
    Fast paced work environment (ie. it's always changing if your'e into that sort of thing).

Cons

Overly complex infrastructure to work with due to years and years of everyone doing things their own way.
    Upper management will always give into the customer to meet deadlines and make money thusly sloppy work and adding to the overall complexity.
    Doesn't really feel like you matter or contribute much to the success of company. Certainly NOT rewarded for solid work.
    Expect your standard corporate 0-2% annual pay increases. Doesn't keep up with inflation.
    Bonuses are also based off of number you have no control over.

"Fun staff, respectable leaders, and an above average culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is great. Though the company is experiencing a lot of changes the culture is moving in the right direction. It may not be as fast as they/I would like it to be, but culture can't be forced - it grows organically and Experian Consumer Services does a great job at looking forward to make the environment better for it's employees. The leaders are great, I respect all of the leaders here at ECS. I personally believe that all of our leaders (some Directors and all Executives) are working hard at making sure the company is successful.

Cons

If you're looking for a stable environment with very little to no change, this is not the company to work for. You will see many colleagues come and go within a years time. There have been many layoffs and team shuffles during my time here. There is hardly any room to have fun.

Advice to Management

Make work enjoyable and bring the sense of 'Family' into the workplace. So many changes have been made to teams (including layoffs) that it's hard to feels like we're apart of a unit anymore.

"Rating Experian"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian (More than 10 years)

Pros

Enjoy my coworkers and working environment

Cons

Their does not seem to be ant upward mobility

7. "Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

I am happy with management team and the package. Very good learning opportunity.

Cons

The long term vision for company products is not very clear

"Good company, great group"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Remote, OR

Pros

Benefits are great. Great personal relationships built over time with co-workers as well as clients. Good team collaboration.

Cons

Furloughs, reorgs and layoffs. Company will do anything to make the numbers work and allow talent to walk out the door. No clear direction for those staying on board.

Advice to Management

current management should look to re-org structures that failed miserably in the past to avoid the same mistakes....instead of repeating them.

9. "It's ok, a lot of turnover"

Former Freelancer - Receptionist in New York, NY
    Former Freelancer - Receptionist in New York, NY

I worked at Experian (More than a year)

Pros

Very laid back office. Co-workers are friendly and you can receive help from the employees who were in your position before.

Cons

Lack of communication from supervisor and management. You are included in whats going on within the company, it is always last minute. I noticed people come and go a lot, So not sure what that says about the company. When I was there, there were a lot of layoffs.

Advice to Management

Please communicate with your employees more often. I know sometimes as people we forget things but chances are you have the paperwork we sent you weeks ago.

"Software Developer Senior"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

Relatively good benefits. Flexible work from home policy.

Cons

Company does not seem to value employee contributions. No job security. Can be laid off with virtually no notice, regardless of prior performance reviews. Unrealistic project deadlines driven purely by marketing staff with little regard to detailed estimates.

Showing 346 of 1,328 reviews