Experian Reviews | Glassdoor

Experian Reviews

Updated October 18, 2017

US - All Cities

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It has a lot of benefits for their employees and its always taking care of people giving relevance to the work/life balance (in 108 reviews)

• everyone has a laptop and can work from home as needed (in 35 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great Company - Lots of Work"

Current Employee - Internal Audit in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Internal Audit in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

Experian hires smart people - it is a great company to work for: good work/life balance, benefits, culture. Once you get hired be prepared to work and work hard! At times the job can get challenging, but always rewarding.

Cons

Not much to say here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up ! f

"Great work-life balance in HR"

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working for a department and CHRO who understands the importance of balancing work and home life. I truly feel like I'm able to do my job and not be questioned on my whereabouts. Therefore, I give 110% of myself into my job.

Also, a strong culture on community outreach. Love that!

Cons

Not a great amount of cross functional development or training within the departments. Some silos are quite visable.

"Great Benefits & Pay But Slow to Change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

Everyone here is smart and friendly, and there's a lot of old-timers here. I have several colleagues who have been with the company over 40 years! That's gotta say something, right? The benefits here are also pretty amazing. For example, they really value loyalty here, so the longer you're at the company, the more accelerated your paid time off is. They start you off at 15 accrued paid days off, and after 2 years with the company, they already bump you up to 20 days off per year - and that's not including the 10 paid holidays and 5 days of sick time either! You get 5 days of sick time per year with no need to accrue. It doesn't roll over, but you get it automatically at the start of every year. Depending on your team, there's a lot of work/life balance with opportunities to work from home if needed. The maternity leave is also generous here, so it's a great place to work if you plan to start a family or already have one. They have an employee stock purchase plan that has really paid off, giving employees 15% off the lowest fair market rate, and they match 401 (k) at 4% (100% vested). They even have a 401 (k) Roth option as well if you prefer everything to be after taxes. I also think the pay is really competitive compared to others in the area. The campus is also in the heart of Costa Mesa, so you're near a lot of good restaurants and happy hours. Managers tend to be flexible, and overall, it's a great place to work.

Cons

It can get pretty clique-y here with some nepotism if you're not part of the good 'ol boys club. If you're in management, you work pretty hard for that sweet-looking paycheck. There seems to be a lot of pressure in upper management, but if you love to work hard or your work is your life, this is the place to be if you're in management. Progress here is slow and bureaucratic, especially updating software systems. They could use a makeover here, but that seems to be in the works for the next couple of years.

Advice to Management

Keep on listening to your employees. As long as you respond to their constructive criticism (at least the ones that are constructive), this will continue to be a great place to work.

4. "Great place to learn professional services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

I worked at Experian (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent mentors. Great work ethic amongst colleagues. Very smart employees. Excellent promotion opportunities.

Cons

Company mixed work and play, often to an annoying extent. Celebrations tend to be mandatory. Not a great place if you aren't young and prepared to party.

Advice to Management

More casual dress code needed.

"Sr Sales Operations Analyst"

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's difficult to move a large company, but we all seem to want to be successful together. The senior leaders are great. They work hard and they care. We are very flexible in time (off or sick). We work hard and play hard here.

Cons

There's nothing significant or worthy of mentioning for the cons section. While no company is perfect, I know we are trying hard to get there. When management cares about their employees, it's difficult to have anything to add for the cons.

Advice to Management

Give employees empowerment.

6. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate Business Development in Covington, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate Business Development in Covington, GA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work if you are looking for work balance life.

Cons

No real job security.

7. "Optimistic for the future"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Pretty solid work/life balance - most managers don't mind working from home if you communicate the need and get your work done. There are times when things are hectic and hours are crazy, but for the most part people make an effort to have balance.
    * Executive team are professional and want to do the right thing, and there are other really great people in the company.
    * Lots of opportunity to grow yourself and do things you want to do.

Cons

* There have been a lot of starts and stops, which can be frustrating with unclear vision and strategy to work towards, but I think it's getting better.
    * Legacy culture in the org can feel blame focused -- my team isn't necessarily this way, but many other groups or people who've been here a long time often have that approach... "that was this group's fault, or this person's fault, or we couldn't do this because that team said not to, etc." Would like to see it become more solution oriented - it is what it is, how do we make it better, move forward.

Advice to Management

* Develop and communicate a clear vision and strategy for the business, and stick to it.
    * Be mindful of culture and how it impacts new employees.

"This has been, is, and continues to be a great place to work."

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Community, Opportunities, Global Locations, International Employees, Information Technology, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Data Analysis, Data Security, Credit Bureau, Tech Research, Leadership.

Cons

24 hour cycles in some business lines, early morning and late night calls to accommodate other time zones across the globe.

Advice to Management

Stay transparent with communication, and respect your colleagues and your Admins.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Great organization. Good pay. Good benefits. Mgmt very invested in personnel development.

Cons

Some crony'ism. Can be cliquey.

"ECS Rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay the ability to advance benefits

Cons

Irregular schedule flexible schedule

Showing 348 of 1,352 reviews