Experian Reviews | Glassdoor

Experian Reviews

Updated December 10, 2017

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Mature working environment with an excellent focus on work life balance (in 113 reviews)

• everyone has a laptop and can work from home as needed (in 35 reviews)

Cons

"Used to be a great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent salary, good benefits. Used to have the smartest and hardest employees in the the industry.

Cons

- Demoralized tech staff
    - If you are not in the inner circle you have zero career progression
    - Managers move up by running smear campaigns against others
    - Managers will straight up lie to CYA
    - New motto is "We fix problems by reorganization"

Advice to Management

For top level management don't accept information at face value ask for proof. Your management and their inner circle is playing the perception game.

"Great move coming to Experian!"

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experian is focused on changing/enhancing people's lives and making a difference in how businesses make decisions! Big emphasis on serving customers. Experian has a very inclusive culture and has meaningful goals and initiatives around diversity, particularly around achieving gender balance globally. Experian displays strong ethics and co-workers are collaborative and passionate about business success. High performing employees earn greater rewards and opportunities for development. High investment in training and development.

Cons

Experian can feel somewhat fragmented given the organization structure - regional/global vs. business lines. Employees experienced in matrix organizations will find it easy to navigate, but those with less or no similar experience will need help to develop ways to work across boundaries. Experian does offer training to employee on this.

Advice to Management

Provide more visibility to how the OpCo (most senior leaders) work as one team. Continue to help employees to get a clearer view of the global approach we are taking to our business - internally and externally.

"It's alright?"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Relatively modern technology
    Some of management cares
    If you get the ears of the right people, they'll listen
    Tons of opportunity for recognition if you're willing to work for it?
    Great personal development plans usually
    Tuition Reimbursement
    Solid benefits

Cons

Don't accept a low salary at the start, large and rapid growth is capped by subjective team based ratings
    Bonuses aren't consistent and based off of % of completion of expected rate of growth that are out of independent BU's controls. The dates shift around, and they've started back paying raises after review periods.
    Lateral mobility isn't really always an option, managers will work to block you if they feel you're needed where you are as a cheap and valuable asset, despite your skill set being beyond the position
    If senior management decides to focus on growth, you can be asked to reduce personal technical development, instead focus on training and assisting newly contracted outsourced resources

Advice to Management

Talk to more than just other managers about how things really are. Middle managers can be firewalls that act as a filter that doesn't convey a clear image of the working experience and the positions of those under them. Whether it be technical or working experience.

4. "Great People - Getting Bigger - Growing Pains"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most departments have a great overall culture
    Pay is fair, especially for newer employees, people that have been there awhile may be undervalued
    Good benefits
    Fairly flexible schedules (i.e work remotely for many positions as needed)
    Family friendly workplace

Cons

With growth and acquisition of Passport Health Comunications by Experian in 2013 came a lot of growing pains that they are still working through
    With the expanded workforce hard to feel connected internally outside of your immediate group - many people you interact with regulalry may NEVER see face to face
    Very sales-centric org

Advice to Management

Work on ensuring people that have been there a lenghty amount of time continue to feel engaged/appreciated/involved; Work on communication to all levels - pretty formatted emails from corporate is not sufficient - more local town halls that arent just people reading off stats/slides; provide more real learning opportunities

"Terrible"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are not many pros.

Cons

Terrible senior leadership and practices. They care only about themselves. Sweat shop. Don't work there!

Advice to Management

Treat people like assets not commodities. Give them the freedom to fail and encourage them when the do.

6. "Great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really smart colleagues. Global company. Unlimited opportunities. I really like my team and manager. The senior management is solid and there is high competitive pay.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Big company so I don't know everyone but we have a nice office in downtown near Wallstreet.

"Director of Web Development"

Current Employee - Director of Web Development in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Web Development in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

5 weeks vacation after just two years, paid paternity/maternity leave, nice technologies, have a lot of saying on the building process

Cons

Too many changes too fast, get very chaotic very fast, requirement change all the times and meaningless features are introduced all the times without adding any value to the customer.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people, some areas have training all the time and we are engineering and haven't have anything for the last year and half

"Transformation with momentum"

Current Employee - Vice President in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Experian has launched a new brand committed to helping people improve their quality of life through its services. The relatively new CEO brought this vision and it is fascinating to see the transformation gaining momentum. It is a different way to look at the role a data company can play in society and one that I feel very proud of.

Cons

What is challenging is also what I love about the company, and that is its global structure. It is amazing to work with colleagues all over the world and at Experian there is a very high degree of cooperation and courtesy. But of course there is added complexity as a result of time zone, language and cultural differences. Things take longer and there is some patience required. But overall, it is much more of a benefit than detriment.

Advice to Management

Do more to discover and cultivate talent. There is a process in place, but we can always do more in this area.

"Good company to work for. Treats employees well."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Experian has a good culture for work/life balance. There are many opportunities to advance your career. Good benefits. Strong brand in the marketplace.

Cons

The biggest negative about working at Experian is the pay. There are rules in place that cap income increases, regardless of level of promotion.

Advice to Management

Focus on keeping the talent that you invest in. The job market is strong, and companies are paying well for good talent.

"No trust in employees, extremely toxic environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian full-time

Pros

I can't think of a pro about this place. I guess the location is good if you live in the city.

Cons

Unless you want to be treated like a child and be disrespected every single day, I suggest you run, and run fast and far away. This place doesn't have any trust in their employees or understand that life happens outside of work. Family stuff and doctors appointments happen, but this place doesn't care or seem to get that. Additionally, you must work 9+ hours a day. If you leave one minute before that, you will get yelled at. They also hold mandatory end of month meetings AFTER hours, so on top of your 9 hour day you must stay for these, or again, you will get yelled at like a child. Some of us have families and children we must get home to, but this place doesn't care. I've never seen such an inflexible place of employment in my entire career.

I've never felt so untrusted in my entire career. I always felt like I was being watched. Also a very catty and toxic environment, which starts at the director level and above. I'm well into my career and have never experienced people questioning my integrity until I got to EDQ. In fact, all of my previous employers have always tried to counter me when I gave my notice, so to be treated like a child at this place really says something. I've literally seen so much turnover in my life at one company in such a short amount of time.

My advice is not to take a job here, even if you're incredibly desperate. Something else will come along! It's not worth the distress.

Advice to Management

Give your director level and above management more training on how to properly manage employees. Instead of babysitting your employees, have trust in them. Maybe you'll start to see less turnover.

Showing 1,341 of 1,386 reviews