Experian Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

San Francisco, CA

4.8
Craig Boundy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It has a lot of benefits for their employees and its always taking care of people giving relevance to the work/life balance (in 106 reviews)

• everyone has a laptop and can work from home as needed (in 34 reviews)

Cons

"Great move coming to Experian!"

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experian is focused on changing/enhancing people's lives and making a difference in how businesses make decisions! Big emphasis on serving customers. Experian has a very inclusive culture and has meaningful goals and initiatives around diversity, particularly around achieving gender balance globally. Experian displays strong ethics and co-workers are collaborative and passionate about business success. High performing employees earn greater rewards and opportunities for development. High investment in training and development.

Cons

Experian can feel somewhat fragmented given the organization structure - regional/global vs. business lines. Employees experienced in matrix organizations will find it easy to navigate, but those with less or no similar experience will need help to develop ways to work across boundaries. Experian does offer training to employee on this.

Advice to Management

Provide more visibility to how the OpCo (most senior leaders) work as one team. Continue to help employees to get a clearer view of the global approach we are taking to our business - internally and externally.

"Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome Company, lots of benefits, chill office environment.

Cons

Training is not good.

Advice to Management

Please improve training, make expectations clear

3. "Great Company, Made Me Who I am Today"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to advance your career, over a 6 year period I was promoted 5 times and each time given a role that challenged me to push myself outside of my comfort zone.
    The sales training is unmatched to any other company I have seen in the market. The skills are transferable to every role you take moving forward, and make you a better business person. Not many companies will not only allow but encourage young motivated people to sell to large, complex organizations.
    If you are looking to put in the time, listen to people that have been there before, and work hard to achieve results so that you progress your career this is the place. QAS will allow you to walk into your next job/role with such an advantage that you will get the role over others with double the amount of experience.
    For anyone who reads the reviews on glassdoor and sees any less favorable comments, I would caution you to take them with a grain of salt. Simple fact is that most people can't cut it here, it is for the cream of the crop. If you want a job that you do your 9-5, collect your paycheck, and go home this isn't it. Some people on here thought they were cut out for it but in reality they were not.

Cons

QAS is always about building a plan and executing to results. Where I would provide suggestions is to improve the follow through of such plans.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on your strengths, developing people, that is what I think QAS does better than anybody, I am living proof.

4. "Exciting, challenging work environment with a great upside."

Former Employee - Technical Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Significant opportunity for growth, many opportunities to receive training on new skills, supportive management team and a team-oriented culture.

Experian QAS is great place to start and grow your career. The management structure puts a great deal of emphasis on people and their development. I was able to join the company in an administrative role and grow into a management position across my five years with QAS. Senior management does a great job of proactively engaging with employees to understand what challenges they face and what they can do to make the overall employee experience better. It truly is a people-first culture. If you want to work at a high energy organization that rewards and develops its people, this is a great company to be with.

Cons

QAS asks a great deal of its employees, but for those who rise to the challenge, they're rewarded with significant career growth and opportunity.

Advice to Management

The company's success is largely built on amazing people. Keep doing what you're doing and continue investing in people who want to come to work, make a difference and grow their career as a result.

5. "Great team atmosphere, lots of room to grow and develop"

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about Experian QAS is the people. It's a fun place to work with a great culture. I have found management to genuinely care about my career progression and growth, and the company has provided many opportunities for me to develop quickly in areas that interest me. It's a great company to get your foot in the door and begin building a career, as there are lots of different career paths open to those that prove themselves.

Cons

The work hours can seem a bit rigid (8-5), but most departments are becoming more flexible.

"Say goodbye to your life"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good base and commission structure, good benefits. Free beer on Fridays.

Cons

Garbage software, toxic frat-boy culture, micro-management, 100% sales oriented culture to the point where the product itself is almost irrelevant. Travel requirements are significantly underestimated, plan on spending nearly half of the month on the road.

Advice to Management

Develop, trust, compensate. Culture of fear and mistrust won't produce lasting results or a satisfied work force

7. "Great cleints, colleagues, trending towards the right approach to media across all channels"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great access to the best client prospects.

Cons

Quick growth, and scaling against budgets and operational management. Typical, but still a con at times.

Advice to Management

Value employee contribution, and genuinely support employees with an authentic approach.

"The most challenging and demanding job I've ever had, and by far the most rewarding."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

QAS is full of young, fun, and driven people. If you are looking for a place to really cut your teeth in complex solution sales, this is a great place to learn. The job is extremely demanding and not everyone makes it, but for the people that do, there is a lot of opportunity for advancement, development, and very high earnings. The company also has a flat management structure, so it is easy to build relationships with senior executives across different departments. This is a great environment for high performers that want to make a mark somewhere. The sales force is relatively small (40 people), so talented people are recognized and stand out quickly.

Cons

This is a very demanding role, and the company has high expectations. The sale is complex and requires a mix of high activity and strategic selling. Almost everyone seems to be in over their head in the beginning, and you need to be up for a challenge to make this job work. The induction and ongoing training are very good, but the learning curve is fairly steep.

9. "Great organization to grow and develop as sales professional"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I have worked for QAS for over 5 years, I started as an SDA (Sales Development Associate) in the Boston office working on lead qualification. This job is one of the entry level sales jobs at QAS that provides you with a clear track into Direct Sales. Since joining QAS I have been promoted 5 times, relocated to San Francisco from Boston, and have attended sales incentives in places like Cabo and Iceland. This company has turned me into a top tier sales professional with the amount of training and opportunity working with Fortune 100-500 companies. The company culture is great and promotes hiring young, inteligent, motivated individuals that are looking to excel in sales and be compensated appropriately.

Cons

The QAS sales role will challenge you as a sales professional to take yourself outside of just a commodity sale and more focused on a true solution sales job. There is nothing more gratifying then bringing an idea to a company that they have never heard of and then having them give you their business. There is a steep learning curve to develop the appropriate skills but if you truly want to be successful in sales then this is the company for you.

Advice to Management

The leadership team at QAS is very focused on being transparent with the employees in terms of the strategic direction of the business, performance of the business, and providing an open door policy where anyone can walk into the General Manager's office and ask questions or make suggestions. In addition they have created a PULSE committee comprised of employees to listen to ideas about how we can make the workplace more enjoyable for everyone. The leadership team takes these suggestions very seriously and acts on them.

Showing 9 of 1,329 reviews