Experience Commerce Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sandip Maiti

1. "Project Executive"

Former Employee - Project Executive in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Project Executive in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Experience Commerce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great people to work with, Loved the Atmosphere, Good benefits, Encouraging Team
    - Hr can be easily accessible for queries.

Cons

-You really need to work your way up.
    -Accept immense workloads and long hours as a daily part of your stay.

Advice to Management

Continue the amazing job

2. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Brand Manager
    Current Employee - Brand Manager

I have been working at Experience Commerce full-time

Pros

Great learning experience, helpful seniors, salary positively on the first of every month, good packages

Cons

Long working hours, stress, 24*7 work culture

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

3. "Amazing company"

Pros

You get to work with great minds. People are really passionate about their work.
    Amazing people, Amazing work, Great culture = Amazing company :)

Cons

I have not encountered any as of now.

5. ""Okay""

Current Employee - Content Writer in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Content Writer in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Experience Commerce full-time

Pros

Excellent work culture, great team, fun projects, constant innovation

Cons

Mad timelines, low pay, no recognition for efforts, no learnings

Advice to Management

Hire better managers who crib less about food

6. "good not great"

I worked at Experience Commerce full-time

Pros

comfy new office, generally chilled out atmosphere, game room and all, good brands to work and cool ideas supported by everyone

Cons

lot of backbiting and politics. crazy deadlines work hours. they have no respct for peoples times. too many last minute campaign work, quality suffers coz of that

Advice to Management

they should make it more organized and pull up people for bakcbiting. it poisons the atmosphere

"Jeena EC Ka Naam"

Current Employee - Project Director in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Project Director in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Experience Commerce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great talent - Old (people who have been here 5+ years, and not for a lack of better opportunities), Growing (people like me who have completed more than a year and still enjoy coming to work everyday) and New (super-talented people who have the potential to leave their mark)

Ambient work environment - spacious office, gym area, recreation area (TT, carom, XBOX, Foosball), cafeteria (with vending machine to keep you company on long nights and bharat bandh days), round-the-clock security personnel, individual ACs in every area (so it's easy to regulate - if you have worked where it seems the central ac settings is a killer you will understand), separate shower room (just like home), literally a stone's throw distance from the Metro station and 24-hour free supply of coffee/tea/soup courtesy a daily-cleaned bug-free brewing machine

Mentors - It's easy to make friends wherever you go, but it's hard to find people whom you can look up to. The stalwarts at EC are approachable folk who've been there, done that and are more than willing to help you develop your own skills (not just professionally) at the expense of their own meandering experiences. The trick is to finding a time when you can both just sit and chat... because at EC time is a luxury that is rarely wasted.

Opportunities - There is no limit. Nobody will steal your ideas or take credit for your hard-work. I personally have been given so much responsibility and while I have faltered on some, it has all been a great learning. While there is always some (okay a little) resistance at the creative guys listening to the ideas of non-creative guys... there has been precedence where the latter have prevailed.

Second home - Apart from all the amenities provided, this place is truly like a second home and family. There are regular off-sites, the bar is always stocked, projector screenings of interesting stuff (movies, GoT, documentaries), sport tourneys and crazy trends (like dubsmash week).

Future - The grand vision is there and you are made a part of achieving the goals. Sandip is a great leader and paying clients will never be an issue. He leads by example and from the front. Some people were just born to manage... everything!

Cons

Crazy deadlines - Think impossible. This place is not for the 9-to-5 person or for the fainthearted. The days are long and the weekends are longer. There are lean periods of course, but not many. Still, if you enjoy what you do like the majority here, you won't complain.

Advice to Management

You guys have managed things pretty well without my advice so far and I'm sure will continue to flourish. Besides, the open-door policy here means if I do have something to voice I can just walk in and get it sorted.

"Experience Success"

Current Employee - Art Director in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Art Director in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Experience Commerce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth. If you are looking to grow in the industry and are willing to work hard for it, this is a place for you. They do not believe in the conventional way of growing. You need not go through each stage to excel. If you are good at what you do, you will be rewarded.

Environment. Its one of the best in the industry. From gaming tournaments to parties to relationships, its a great space to dwell and hone your creativity. Juniors, peers and seniors are always ready to help you achieve your goals. Be it a Gold in Abby's or a brutal death move in Mortal Kombat.

Opportunities. They're in your mail box every morning. Its upto you whether you are willing to rise up to it or not. You might find yourself leading a team sooner than you think.

Creativity at its best. Even the washroom doors are designed with a thought. Innovative tech experiments happen every now and then. If you are Tech/Art junky, you will find challenges very often and the only person you will be put up against is... YOU.

Inspiring. It keeps you going through the advert working hours. You will never find yourself working alone in the office. People might just join you with beers just so you have company. Cheers to that.

Cons

Trust is easy to earn. They really need to work on that one. They believe in people too soon than they should.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing a great job. Keep at it. Its a crazy place to be in. Don't loose your essence, your DNA. It's precious! :)

9. "Experience of a Lifetime"

Current Employee - Copywriter in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Copywriter in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Experience Commerce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working here as a copywriter for a little over a year. I've never stuck around at one place for more than a year, but within 3-4 months of joining I had a feeling "this feels different." And that feeling still remains.

I guess a lot has to do with how I've been treated. In my case, my bosses have shown a lot of faith in me & has always given me a chance to shine. Here you can go up to your them, ask for more work & trust me you will not be disappointed. No matter what level you are at, if you have it in you, you'll get the opportunity to work on even the biggest campaigns.

Talent aside, the right attitude is a big must to work here (as it is at many places). This is a place where you will actually grow up in more ways than one. Frequent team getaways, in- house parties & sports and gaming tournaments will always prevent you from getting bored here.

All in all it's been a wonderful ride so far. Hope it gets even better going forward.

Cons

Some senior positions need strengthening. If done so, this place will be a powerhouse.

Advice to Management

Keep believing in your talent like you always have & they'll take this agency places.

10. "Best institute for digital learning!"

Current Employee - Creative Director in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Creative Director in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Experience Commerce (More than 5 years)

Pros

- They have always been ahead of the world outside in terms of digital vision overall.
    - Right from top, starting from the CEO.. there is absolute transparency and you can approach anyone without worrying too much about the hierarchy!
    - Hence the learning process is ad-hoc but enriching!
    - If you have a spark, you will never go unnoticed here! just shout out.. :)
    - Sparkling new office with an equal space allotted just for fun amenities!
    - Awesome payers. And with no delays!

Cons

While its a not so known agency, the (great) opportunities do not stop pouring! And people here just want to grab all of it! So some how screws the Work/Life balance a bit! They do have the digital GURU to learn from but yes some training workshops for specific creative skills will help!

Advice to Management

Watch for attitude, honesty and then shower your trust! Super Skills will follow if there is an intent.

11. "Learn and soak in as much as you can while at EC!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Pros

To start with its a great place with some crazy talented people. If you are want to learn and grow and wish to excel in digital it's the right place. Everyone is very approachable and supportive right from your peers, to your seniors to the top level management. Great opportunities will be given to you if you just go ahead and ask for it. They believe in the people they employee and are open to everyone's opinion. As an employee you just need to go give your best shot rest will fall in place.

Cons

At times the work load makes you spend long hours in office. But as everyone mentioned before me, guess it's the industry we are in!

Advice to Management

Have got no advice, just encouragement!
    The management has done a great job to get this far, just keep it going.