Experis Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

London, England (UK)

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Geoff Smith

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is great, they understand that you have a life outside of the office (in 15 reviews)

• They are a great company to work for for a contract position (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • their is no cons according to me because am new to this (in 15 reviews)

• Slow moving accounts which adds up to little to no commission (in 8 reviews)

"I enjoyed it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Experis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast paced, friendly atmosphere. I worked here for 12 years working up from the bottom of my department to the top, so they do promote from within when it's deserved.

Cons

Frustrations of being owned by a huge American multi-national organisation, ended up not working out so well for me and my team.

Advice to Management

They should have stuck tried to stick to the core 'Elan' ethos and culture after the takeover... things were better back in those days.

Experis Response

Sep 26, 2016 – Managing Director, Experis UKIE

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I'm pleased to hear that on the whole your experience with us was a positive one. We work hard to support people with their career aspirations and ... More

"Recruiter - Not recommended"

I worked at Experis full-time

Pros

- Nice offices based in the heart of London.

- The in-house trainer is quite good.

- A lot of drinks on the terrace once every quarter.

- I liked most of the people who I worked with.

- The Christmas ball was held in the Natural History museum which was good.

Cons

- Below market basic salary and commission scheme.

- Us and them mentality between the senior management (Board members & managers who have been at Experis for 5+ years) and the rest of the staff. The people high up are not inspiring. As other people commented, it was Manchester focused.

- Commission structure is pretty awful. 8% flat rate to begin with and a confusing commission structure that can only be good based on "accelerators and deaccelerators" based on margin. Would be better if it was clearer and more simple.

- The environment is not a sales environment. The office is open plan with HR, Finance & Back Office are sat near the "sales team" and often complained if there was any form of noise.

- No regular staff events and management would be weird about paying for drinks. One of the managers (on £100k +) would often berate staff (on £20k basic) for not buying him or the team drinks if we were to go out.

- Although high earning potential was always spoken about, I never felt as if I was ever going to get the opportunity to earn those amounts. There are no incentives that you see in other recruitment companies (days out, holidays etc).

- Senior management is all over the place, some good, some very bad. People have been promoted into positions to which they were not suited for.

- You are sold Experis as a 'Manpower Company', a company with useful connections in the market. This is not the case, it means nothing. They are a key accounts business not a new business company.

I would not recommended Experis to anybody, there are much better recruitment agencies out there.

Advice to Management

Simplify the commission structure. Senior management needs to be restructured. Outline long term plans with recruiters.

"Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Experis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice building, lots of place to stretch around, sales environment, we banged the desks every time someone rings a bill.

Cons

All boys club and every person to himself, people were rude- no one respected you. management was all over the place, we were forced to lie on the phone about the company and incentives. No real training, awful really. Commission was not realistic, sold dreams when first joining of 30-40k in first year. Realistically it would be good if you hit 20 after your 16k basic salary.

Advice to Management

Stop being so overpowering to your employees and sort out the commission scheme.

"The incompetent, idiotic old boys club leading the unmotivated and uncaring."

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at Experis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can bill under £20k a year and not get fired as the place is so terrible they simply can't recruit any talent.

Sometimes you see a helicopter out of the window.

Cons

-Management knows nothing about recruitment. Quite a disturbing sexual harassment case involving senior members of staff happened in December 2013 and they are still there.

-Payroll offers no support and gets upset at the noisy nature of the sales floor.

-Sales floor is like walking among tombstones.

-0 talent coming in. you'd think a recruitment company would understand what makes a company great and how to, you know, actually recruit. They don't.

-Growing a company through acquisitions leads to constant power struggles.

-No regular staff events and if there are, they don't pay for drinks or anything. They'll leave you to get a cab home from the middle of nowhere or you could go back with the director...

-Have overheard Senior Management making racist jokes in the toilet.

-Everything you ask support to do is a chore and "not their job".

-Salaries are very low and the commission scheme is broken. You stop earning commission on a contractor after they have done 12 weeks leaving Experis with the lions share of all of your juicy contracts.

-You have to work on low return on investment jobs to keep the old boys clubs biscuits in stock. You will work on roles between 15-18k on 6% basis and are expected to hit your target. I guess this is why no one cares.

-Freezing cold offices and the cheapest free coffee and tea going.

-Open plan like a prison. All of the work force is on one large floor whilst the 'managers' watch from their cosy offices decorated with their private school certificates.

-Meeting rooms unavailable last minute as the non billing staff loves to waffle.

In a nutshell, don't join. Read this and move on or join and remember, I told you so.

Advice to Management

Start again.

6. "Backed by very powerful business in ManPowerGroup"

Current Employee - Permanent Placement Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Permanent Placement Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Experis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to earn lots in commission. Structure in the business is developing. Backed by behemoth in ManPowerGroup

Cons

Management Structure, typical of large business, not as Agile as should be

Advice to Management

More structured career plans, although this is being worked on

"Appalling - best avoid"

Current Contractor - Don't Know - IT Keeps Changing With the Wind in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Experis as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I work on contract through Experis and I can not think of a single good word to say about them.

Cons

Experis failed to mention their 21 day pay lag BEFORE contracts were exchanged and FAILED to inform the client of their timesheet process hence there was a backlog of unauthorised timesheets in the system. Experis informed me that I will be paid 7 WEEKS after my first week's work.Totally unacceptable.

Advice to Management

Treat contractors with respect. You earn revenue off our backs and treat us with disdain. You earn revenue off our backs, without us, you don't have a job.

8. "Evolving organisation"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Experis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great offices; loads of fun, intelligent people and the scale of the business can all be considered positives

Cons

Need to invest in technology so that we remain on the pace.

Advice to Management

Think longer term