Experis Reviews in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

4.0
Experis President Jonas Prising
Jonas Prising
1 Rating

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is great, they understand that you have a life outside of the office (in 15 reviews)

• Competitive Pay, Good work Environment (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • their is no cons according to me because am new to this (in 15 reviews)

• Slow moving accounts which adds up to little to no commission (in 8 reviews)

1. "Entry-level Position With An Open Mind"

Former Employee - Software Quality Assurance Technician in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Software Quality Assurance Technician in Portland, OR

I worked at Experis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

(+) Positive working environment: awesome co-workers, experienced and friendly people; understanding team-leads and managers who would reward any work you did above-and-beyond; helpful support staff regarding insurance, deposits and payments, and day-to-day operations.
    (+) Unique work: Experis prepared and delivered me to a large client with professionally high standards; formal introductions were made between client leads and our teams; training was paid for and covered by Experis before integration into the client's systems and operations.

Cons

(-) Sub-optimal pay: mid-level (experienced and professional) technicians could be getting paid as and found at entry-level positions; you'll tediously work your way up the ladder through very competitive projects, don't expect any bonuses; bigger clients and projects do not always mean a higher pay rate.
    (-) Working along the market's demand - you're being placed somewhere Experis can find, if your region has cut demand then you'll find a cut in your available projects. You may be crossing your fingers towards the end of a project because you don't know if there will be another project after or if you'll be one of the ones to get placed. You won't get "fired", there will simply be "no projects for you to work and clock in time" on.

Advice to Management

Managers in my position simply came and went along with Experis' projects. Without any problems (professionally or personally) regarding my managers, I was just aspiring for more - it may not be anything +/- upon Experis. No advice.

2. "Good contracting experience overall."

Former Contractor - Consultant in Portland, OR
    Former Contractor - Consultant in Portland, OR

I worked at Experis as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had a very good experience working for this company. They were always there for me if any issues came up. Contracting is not like being an FTE, so you need to keep that in mind. I have worked for other consulting firms before, and this was the best experience for me. I was with them on multiple contracts over a three year period. The hourly rate was above average, and the benefits were pretty good.

Cons

As with most consulting companies, there is usually a high turnover of staff moving on to other opportunities. This is hard if you have built a relationship with an account manager and have to start over again.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I think you are a good company.