KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ExpertVoice

Engaged Employer

ExpertVoice

Add a Review

ExpertVoice Employee Reviews about "experticity"

Updated May 4, 2018

Found 11 of over 113 reviews

4.3
ExpertVoice  Chief Executive Officer Thomas G. Stockham  (no image)
Thomas G. Stockham

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "During my time there, I saw a few layoffs.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Poor leadership led to the slow, spiral of job cuts, people quitting and clients leaving.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Meanwhile, managers were evaluated based on their own representations of performance with little to no feedback from their team or coworkers.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Inept management(in 4 reviews)
  • "Better communication and collaboration between departments is happening and will continue to improve.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "experticity"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Experticity is a fantastic employer!

Jun 29, 2016 - Client Success Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Experticity is moving fast and leading the way into influencer marketing. As the pioneers of this field, it is exciting to be a part of something new and big. The vision is clear and the leadership is open and transparent. Open PTO, stocked snack room, discounts to hundreds of brands, competitive 401(k) and health benefits, convenient downtown office, offices in Silicon Valley and Seattle, etc. The positives of working for Experticity go on and on.

Cons

Experticity operates very much as a start-up, which I find to be a positive. But if you require a rigid structure to your workday, job description and career path, you may want to look elsewhere.

Technical Recruiter

Thank you for your review! This is great insight for candidates who look to be a part of the team. We are not a hand holding or micromanaging organization. We have a very creative atmosphere and look for employees to try new things to create growth and learn. We have an exciting future together!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee

So much potential, lack of vision

May 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing to come from working at Experticity was the relationships that were curated with some of the most exquisite talent I have ever worked with. Also, great work/life balance.

Cons

Starting off with career opportunities, the way that Experticity seems to promote from within is not done by performance or merit but your relationships with higher management. If you want to survive here, don't worry about your skill set, knowledge or experience - it won't get you anywhere. Second, if a company knows they are not doing so hot in June - they should NEVER lie to their employees by saying everything is fine and wait until the next March to do massive layoffs. Also, when doing layoffs it is important for management to look and see who the best people are to keep in order to help survive. This was not the case for Experticity - many more females where let go than males (some of who were/are pregnant). Who does that?! Also, just because someone complains they got laid off and complains directly to the CEO they should not be rehired just for being friends with management especially when they are not a good worker!! By doing so, you displace an amazing employee who everyone LOVES. Lastly, vision. There is a lack of centralized vision within the company because of how it is being run. Without a centralized vision - a company is doomed from the start.

11 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your feedback. The people I have been lucky enough to work with at ExpertVoice, both past and present, are remarkable. These layoffs were really hard. Due to our financial performance over several quarters, we had no choice but to right-size our spending and reduce our staff. The fact that these employees were let go was not a reflection of our relationships with them personally, or of their performance. I am committed to making ExpertVoice an excellent place to work for those who are still here and for those who will join us in the future. We remain committed to bringing great value to our clients and helping them succeed with expert recommendations.

3. 4.0

Great Company

Jan 15, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Creative and friendly environment. The work/life balance is a huge focus. Some of the best people that I've ever worked with. Great location at accessible executives.

Cons

Delivering results for the client. Experticity has big ideas and an amazing value add, but it doesn't always translate to the value that the customer gets out of the relationship.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Much Hype, But Not a Great Place to Work

Sep 6, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Fun, creative work space right in the heart of downtown SLC. Locations in WA and Silicon Valley now as well (w/ReadyPulse) -Well stocked kitchen for all employees -Good individual team culture -Some awesome, smart co-workers that are a pleasure to work with and learn from. -Many great brands are clients and are fun to work with. -Great discounts from many brands -401k match

Cons

-Complete lack of clear personal and team goals. Our team was never given personal or team goals to execute against in 2016. This was brought up many times but fell on deaf ears with upper management. How do you judge performance and bonus potential without goals? Beats me. -No employee reviews. Employee reviews were sporadic at best, and non-existent at worst. How do I Know if I'm meeting my manager's expectations? How do I know if I'm doing a good job? How do I know what I need to work on? Again, beats me. -Many managers seemed to have little to no idea how to lead an entire team of people. -Poor interdepartmental communication. -Lots of talk about the influencer marketing vision, but complete lack of execution and direction from upper management. It seems that signing new clients just for the sake of getting new contracts always trumped bringing on clients that actually understood the value proposition of influencer marketing. -Took forever to get bugs fixed and new products released causing huge pain points for clients and Experticity employees. -High employee turnover. Many employees mysteriously "left" on their own after short periods of time. Either upper management doesn't know how to hire the right people for the job, and unfairly let them go after a short time, or the people realized how disorganized it seemed and left on their own. -False promises hyping the company. Lots of talk about how incredible and great Experticity is, and how well the company is doing, but poor budget management and lack of clear goals lead to layoffs and employees leaving on their own. Here's an idea, don't sugarcoat everything so that employees have a clear picture of what is going on within their own company. If it's not going so well communicate that message clearly. -Open PTO. I never thought I'd say this, but it's a joke. I'd rather have 3 weeks of accrued vacation time than open PTO. It sounds like a great perk until you realize how incredibly awkward it is to actually take vacation days when people pass judgement if you take much more than a long weekend. Furthermore, great for the company (and only the company) since if you decide to leave they don't have to pay out unused vacation time, and they can let you go before you decide to actually use it as well. -HORRIBLE 401k investment options. Employees brought this up with the "HR department" many times, and it fell on deaf ears. -This brings me to the "HR department." There isn't an official HR department. Incredibly unprofessional in my opinion.

5 people found this review helpful

Technical Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience here at Experticity! We have created overall company goals which was set up in 2014 and connected to every department, team, and individual employee. I am sorry to hear your team lost track of that, it’s a huge part of our culture here. You should also be set up to have weekly one on one’s with your direct manager. This would be a time where you work on your current and future goals. We also have at the very least yearly reviews, some departments will do every six months and some quarterly, again I am sorry to hear your team lost track of this. There were no false promises hyping the company. We’ve actually doubled revenue in the last 18 months and still on track for profitability in 2017. Open PTO should not be a double edged sword and is there to give people the time off when they need it. HR is included in our finance and talent team. We have at least four individuals who have years of HR experience under their belt. We are implementing some changes but they don’t come overnight. I want to thank you again for bringing some the issues you experienced to light.

5. 3.0

Unfortunately Disappointing

Jun 13, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture and environment are great. There are a lot of great people here that make the experience fun and inviting. There are quite a few events and things that the company hosts that is open to all employees throughout the year. The benefits are great even for those who are not salaried. The location is fantastic!

Cons

This company promotes internal hiring. I'm coming to find out there are multiple people who have attempted to move over or up in the ranks but without much success. Some of these people have been with the company exceeding a year+. For those individuals who were able to make a move forward with Experticity it took a lot of effort and more than a few interviews for different positions. I don't feel that it should be so difficult to be hired from within if you are a qualified individual via background or efforts thus far with the company. There is a huge lack of communication cross-departmentally and some departments are rarely, if ever, highlighted for their work or contributions.

Technical Recruiter

Thank you for your comments and sharing your thoughts around this issue. As a management team we are constantly looking at ways to help develop employees and have conversations around internal hiring. We encourage people to apply for any role they feel they are qualified for and have a policy in place that has all internal candidates at least receive an interview with the hiring manager. It doesn’t mean that we only hire those externally, but continue to strive to hire the most qualified candidate for a position. Please keep in mind that in the last 18 months we have almost doubled in size. Not all of those roles can be filled with internal movement. As we have added management positions, and filled out staff in almost every area, we are looking to add depth, diversity, and a range of experience for all our positions. I would encourage you to continue to look for roles that are a good fit, seek out managers in areas that interest you, engage in meaningful conversations around skill set and experience that would add value to that role you are considering. Keep the conversation open with your manager around your career development and a positive attitude- all of that will go a long way! As a final thought when we did the audit for internal movement and promotions within the organization we found that over 60% of our workforce had been promoted or changed roles within their tenure. Pretty incredible actually! Again we appreciate your thoughtful review and feedback as we continue to get better as an organization!

6. 3.0

Great people, tough environment

Jun 6, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Experticity attracts talented, enthusiastic people - they make the experience there an overall positive one. The company has a fantastic culture of helpfulness, and it's a rare employee who will tell you, "That' not my job." The benefits are fantastic, and management is making strides toward competitive salaries. Change is a constant, which can be a pro for some and a con for others. If you like to try new strategies and processes every few months, this is the place for you. However, if you get frustrated when asked to switch gears and redo work you're almost done with, you won't thrive at Experticity.

Cons

The biggest con is career growth opportunities. Whenever a manager or director leaves, the company looks outside for "new blood" or "fresh perspective." This makes it hard to advance in any real way, and promoting from within just isn't valued at Experticity. If the company wants to retain, not just attract, top talent, they'll need to address this. Another downside is the lack of attention paid to certain departments. Some are staffed appropriately and get the "work/life balance" and "play hard" culture Experticity strives for. Others are chronically understaffed and working all hours just to keep up. It's hard to put in long hours when you see other teams enjoying the Open PTO policy while your vacation requests are denied.

2 people found this review helpful

Technical Recruiter

We appreciate the feedback, we are continuing to enhance the working experience here at Experticity! We do pay very competitive salaries which are inline with all tech companies here in the valley. We are an extremely agile company, as the business continues to grow and change, so does our employees. We foster creativity which allows a ton of freedom for employees to try new things in order to learn and grow as professionals. We don’t have any micromanagement here. We do have management and director positions which we have opened up to internal applicants only. When it comes to hiring, we want to hire the best candidate for the position. We have mandatory onsites for every internal candidate. If the hiring manager decides on another person, a growth plan is then created to give feedback and how to obtain the position the next time around. Over 60% of our employees have been promoted or have changed roles while at Experticity.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company to work for

Apr 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with a great vision. Amazing perks in a wonderful location. The engineering team is top notch.

Cons

There really isn't much downside to working at Experticity.

Technical Recruiter

Engineering is top notch but it doesn't stop there! The location becomes even better as the weather does, outdoor events are a must. We are happy you're enjoying working here, tell your friends!

8. 5.0

Love working at Experticity

Feb 26, 2016 - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Open, Fun environment. Great People. Interesting work. Great Leadership. Overall an awesome place to work.

Cons

I haven't found any cons working at Experticity.

6 people found this review helpful

Technical Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write the review and recommend Experticity! We are ecstatic you're enjoying working here! I think the 2nd floor was a great addition to the open and fun environment!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company, Always Getting Better

Jan 19, 2016 - Senior Product Designer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Experticity is home to an incredibly passionate group of people. From the people who manage the office to our CTO, everyone is invested in making Experticity great. Not to mention all of the fluffy benefits like healthy snacks, paid parking or trax passes, working in a beautiful historic building downtown, unlimited paid time off, and great parties (really).

Cons

There is a lot of change going on at Experticity, and that can be challenging. The bright side: it's all moving the company in the right direction.

1 person found this review helpful

Technical Recruiter

We appreciate the feedback! Experticity does throw some great parties, our employees give us numerous reasons to celebrate. We have seen a ton of internal movement throughout the company and you will start seeing more of this. We have asked managers to alert the rest of the company when promotions occur. Hopefully we get more managers involved with this as it's great to see the internal movement of different departments.

10. 2.0

Terrible management

Dec 9, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Experticity offers unlimited PTO and a flexible work schedule, which increases quality of life exponentially (although, you trade these benefits in for a lower salary, which some, myself included, were happy to do). The work culture is friendly and enthusiastic. Many former coworkers will remain lifelong friends. They also have a lifetime supply food that come in the form of break room snacks and spontaneous catered breakfasts and lunches.

Cons

Experticity was one of the worst places I've ever work, solely because of the lack of oversight and accountability at the managerial level. I witnessed several coworkers being denigrated and intimated based on nothing more than personality conflicts. Women were routinely discriminated against and promoted around, despite exemplar performance and seniority. Wage compensation was also astronomically low compared to their male counterparts with the same job title. Unprofessional behavior ran rampant through the company, as did divisive and intimidating management styles. Yearly performance reviews were a joke due to disorganization and a lack of communication. Many employees, myself included, felt unfairly evaluated based on expectations or "work issues" that were never mentioned or discussed until that point. Meanwhile, managers were evaluated based on their own representations of performance with little to no feedback from their team or coworkers. In my nearly 10 years of full-time, professional workplace experience, I've never come across an organization as disjointed and poorly managed; nor have I witnessed a company as content to live in its own ignorance as Experticity.

5 people found this review helpful

ExpertVoice Response

We value and consider all feedback we receive, and are committed to creating a collaborative and transparent environment here at Experticity. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us your opinion and, as a company, continually are looking for ways to improve. We do want to formally address a couple of your specific concerns here at this time. Experticity takes great pride in paying at market, or above, in all our positions. We use salary surveys and benchmark our wages across all industries in the market. We spend considerable effort in our hiring, and are always trying to find amazing people that are the best fit for the specific role. Specifically regarding your concerns around women, one-third of our employees are female, a quarter of our director level employees are female and over a quarter of our executive team is female. We are an employer that values diversity and encourages all employees to seek opportunities for growth. Lastly, as Experticity grows, so do the systems and processes that we have in place to hold our employees accountable, both for the goals they set individually and the success of the broader organization. We expect some growing pains as we work through these new processes, but we are fully committed to building a culture of accountability. Additionally, we seek to have an open door policy with all managers and executives so employees can come talk with us at any time. We are thankful for the time you took to share your opinion, and hope that all current and former employees know that we genuinely care about our employees and we want people to feel valued and appreciated. We will make all possible efforts to listen to those that are willing to give us criticism so we can collectively become better and stronger.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews