KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ExpertVoice

Engaged Employer

ExpertVoice

Add a Review

ExpertVoice Employee Reviews about "great culture"

Updated Sep 17, 2021

Found 36 of over 113 reviews

4.3
ExpertVoice  Chief Executive Officer Thomas G. Stockham  (no image)
Thomas G. Stockham

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Loving it at Experticity!

Apr 15, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very creative and open work environment, not one person has a private office. Very friendly employees who are passionate about the company and culture. A work hard play hard atmosphere with a ton of fun in-between.

Cons

Using the parking lot down the street can be a pain during bad weather but that's just being picky. Would like to see a mentorship program.

2 people found this review helpful

Technical Recruiter

Glad you're loving it here, we certainly have something special! I do know of a couple managers who've created mentorship programs on their teams. We don't make it mandatory but we do hope more managers follow their lead.

2. 4.0

Great People Create a Great Company Culture

Aug 6, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of emphasis is placed on hiring individuals who contribute to the culture positively. Each department evaluates a candidate's fit with the team and the overall culture before the person is hired. This approach, however, does not limit diversity. Experticity is full of individuals with different opinions, outlooks and backgrounds - but everyone is united and understanding of one another's differences. While improvements can always be made, I know the team genuinely strives to establish and maintain a great culture. The executive team members sit amongst their designated departments. A lot of attention is given to new hires. The culture speaks for itself - my friends are always commenting on the cool work environment I am fortunate to be a part of. I feel incredibly lucky.

Cons

While there is a large community kitchen area, I wish there was a designated lunch room with tables and chairs for eating meals in the office. Not a huge issue considering most employees eat downtown (great location fyi), eat at their desks, or utilize a conference room. But a cafeteria would be nice. I also wish our employees had more of a presence on our website - whether it be a photo directory or brief video about the culture.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0

The Best Finance Team

Apr 12, 2022 - Staff Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team is truly dedicated to creating successful employees. I chose ExpertVoice because I felt like the main goal of our team was to help each of us become better - professionally and personally. So many employees have been around for years and years ... and I think it's due to the amazing culture. Pay is competitive, there is a healthy work/life balance, and the team genuinely wants everyone to succeed.

Cons

I can't think of any!

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fantastic Company

Jan 13, 2016 - Copywriter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fantastic people (smart, motivating, friendly) - Fun culture that isn't trite or comes off like it tries too hard to be hip and not overly corporate - No PTO - Incredible work/life balance, - Plenty of autonomy—the company is made for self-starters - CEO and company as a whole has a clear and attainable vision - Ideal location in the heart of downtown SLC - A start-up company that has matured into a legit business - Competitive pay - Fantastic benefits package (insurance, 401k, stock, etc.)

Cons

Growing pains for a company that has experience such a boom are natural. Better communication and collaboration between departments is happening and will continue to improve. Things are busy and fast moving, so this is not a place where you can get your hand held.

Technical Recruiter

Communication is key for a growing business like ours and we will continually work towards better communication. For example, we have created a buddy system for our west coast offices to feel more at home with HQ. Growing pains will certainly happen, we have some gifted employees who are brilliant when it comes to creating solutions! Thank you for the feedback and kind words!

5. 3.0
    Current Employee

Unfortunately Disappointing

Jun 13, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture and environment are great. There are a lot of great people here that make the experience fun and inviting. There are quite a few events and things that the company hosts that is open to all employees throughout the year. The benefits are great even for those who are not salaried. The location is fantastic!

Cons

This company promotes internal hiring. I'm coming to find out there are multiple people who have attempted to move over or up in the ranks but without much success. Some of these people have been with the company exceeding a year+. For those individuals who were able to make a move forward with Experticity it took a lot of effort and more than a few interviews for different positions. I don't feel that it should be so difficult to be hired from within if you are a qualified individual via background or efforts thus far with the company. There is a huge lack of communication cross-departmentally and some departments are rarely, if ever, highlighted for their work or contributions.

Technical Recruiter

Thank you for your comments and sharing your thoughts around this issue. As a management team we are constantly looking at ways to help develop employees and have conversations around internal hiring. We encourage people to apply for any role they feel they are qualified for and have a policy in place that has all internal candidates at least receive an interview with the hiring manager. It doesn’t mean that we only hire those externally, but continue to strive to hire the most qualified candidate for a position. Please keep in mind that in the last 18 months we have almost doubled in size. Not all of those roles can be filled with internal movement. As we have added management positions, and filled out staff in almost every area, we are looking to add depth, diversity, and a range of experience for all our positions. I would encourage you to continue to look for roles that are a good fit, seek out managers in areas that interest you, engage in meaningful conversations around skill set and experience that would add value to that role you are considering. Keep the conversation open with your manager around your career development and a positive attitude- all of that will go a long way! As a final thought when we did the audit for internal movement and promotions within the organization we found that over 60% of our workforce had been promoted or changed roles within their tenure. Pretty incredible actually! Again we appreciate your thoughtful review and feedback as we continue to get better as an organization!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Oct 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for 6 years. It is a great company and the office has a fun culture. There is a lot of room for growth within the company.

Cons

The culture, while still great, has changed (even before COVID) and budget cuts has changed things.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company that cares about their employees.

Jan 23, 2018 - Marketing Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Experticity has a unique and fun product to offer. They treat employees with a lot of trust and respect. It has the best company culture I have experienced in my career with an executive staff that is engaged and readily available.

Cons

There were some growing pains during a recent pivot. Sometimes it feels like we move too slow and there are too many cooks in the kitchen making decisions.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture

Aug 19, 2019 - Customer Sucess in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

ExpertVoice had a great culture and the people were fantastic. The customer success team had the best culture and rapport of any work team I've been a part of.

Cons

I think the product could have been better. I'm guessing it's better now than it was when I was there.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  9. 5.0

AMAZING

Jun 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture & fantastic leadership. The culture here is very welcoming and the leadership is here to help you succeed.

Cons

N/A. My experience so far has been incredible. No complaints.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Former Employee

Terrible management

Dec 9, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Experticity offers unlimited PTO and a flexible work schedule, which increases quality of life exponentially (although, you trade these benefits in for a lower salary, which some, myself included, were happy to do). The work culture is friendly and enthusiastic. Many former coworkers will remain lifelong friends. They also have a lifetime supply food that come in the form of break room snacks and spontaneous catered breakfasts and lunches.

Cons

Experticity was one of the worst places I've ever work, solely because of the lack of oversight and accountability at the managerial level. I witnessed several coworkers being denigrated and intimated based on nothing more than personality conflicts. Women were routinely discriminated against and promoted around, despite exemplar performance and seniority. Wage compensation was also astronomically low compared to their male counterparts with the same job title. Unprofessional behavior ran rampant through the company, as did divisive and intimidating management styles. Yearly performance reviews were a joke due to disorganization and a lack of communication. Many employees, myself included, felt unfairly evaluated based on expectations or "work issues" that were never mentioned or discussed until that point. Meanwhile, managers were evaluated based on their own representations of performance with little to no feedback from their team or coworkers. In my nearly 10 years of full-time, professional workplace experience, I've never come across an organization as disjointed and poorly managed; nor have I witnessed a company as content to live in its own ignorance as Experticity.

5 people found this review helpful

ExpertVoice Response

We value and consider all feedback we receive, and are committed to creating a collaborative and transparent environment here at Experticity. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us your opinion and, as a company, continually are looking for ways to improve. We do want to formally address a couple of your specific concerns here at this time. Experticity takes great pride in paying at market, or above, in all our positions. We use salary surveys and benchmark our wages across all industries in the market. We spend considerable effort in our hiring, and are always trying to find amazing people that are the best fit for the specific role. Specifically regarding your concerns around women, one-third of our employees are female, a quarter of our director level employees are female and over a quarter of our executive team is female. We are an employer that values diversity and encourages all employees to seek opportunities for growth. Lastly, as Experticity grows, so do the systems and processes that we have in place to hold our employees accountable, both for the goals they set individually and the success of the broader organization. We expect some growing pains as we work through these new processes, but we are fully committed to building a culture of accountability. Additionally, we seek to have an open door policy with all managers and executives so employees can come talk with us at any time. We are thankful for the time you took to share your opinion, and hope that all current and former employees know that we genuinely care about our employees and we want people to feel valued and appreciated. We will make all possible efforts to listen to those that are willing to give us criticism so we can collectively become better and stronger.

Viewing 1 - 36 of 36 English Reviews