KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ExpertVoice

Engaged Employer

ExpertVoice

Add a Review

ExpertVoice Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Oct 17, 2019

Found 10 of over 113 reviews

4.3
ExpertVoice  Chief Executive Officer Thomas G. Stockham  (no image)
Thomas G. Stockham

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "During my time there, I saw a few layoffs.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Poor leadership led to the slow, spiral of job cuts, people quitting and clients leaving.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Meanwhile, managers were evaluated based on their own representations of performance with little to no feedback from their team or coworkers.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Inept management(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Loving it at Experticity!

Apr 15, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very creative and open work environment, not one person has a private office. Very friendly employees who are passionate about the company and culture. A work hard play hard atmosphere with a ton of fun in-between.

Cons

Using the parking lot down the street can be a pain during bad weather but that's just being picky. Would like to see a mentorship program.

2 people found this review helpful

Technical Recruiter

Glad you're loving it here, we certainly have something special! I do know of a couple managers who've created mentorship programs on their teams. We don't make it mandatory but we do hope more managers follow their lead.

2. 4.0

Great Company - Lack of Direction

Jan 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people and product are great. Work environment is wonderful. The work is challenging and fulfilling.

Cons

For a 12 year old company, there is a ton of change in vision and direction where the company is going - which typically change when a new CEO is introduced, but with the same one for quite some time now, they're still trying to figure out who they are.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 4.0

I love it here...

Aug 6, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, savvy people that work here Innovation Passion for brands/clients Open PTO and great work life balance Sink or swim...which is a pro for me. I love the autonomous work environment

Cons

Growing fast so lots of things to stay on top of Communication could be better Uncharted territory so direction is a bit lacking

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Fresh Start

Sep 24, 2018 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Direct communication to leadership/making changes Friendly and fun work environment Good people who are trying to make a difference

Cons

Working hard to Grow smart w/ a smaller pool of resources. Company long term direction is still a little blurry

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

DevOps Engineer

Dec 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid industry discounts, fun work environment, good opportunity for professional growth

Cons

Turbulent management, I hear it has been cleaned up.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Fun company that needs to work more on valuing employees and focus on their core clients

Jun 4, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers and a fun work environment. Nice office in a great downtown location.

Cons

Seemingly unrealistic product ideas. It felt like we went from our core product (which was successful) to chasing an idea that was hatched overnight after the company was funded and we needed to have a BIG idea to generate return for our investors. All resources were then focused on that idea instead of making the improvements our current clients were asking for. Employees are not valued and are viewed as being easily replaceable.

9 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Hold on tight, things are taking off!

Oct 17, 2019 - Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Talented people who are driven to revolutionize both the company and pain points for our clients. - Great work environment - Rewarding for those who are here to work - Cool products and cool brands

Cons

- Honestly in the over 3 years I've been with the company there have been some con's, but right now things are clicking and going really well.

5 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best career move I've ever made

Sep 1, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product, Flexible work environment, diverse culture, innovative, Full stack teams

Cons

No Con's yet. I've been very happy here.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Great place to work

Jun 30, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very relaxed environment, no micromanagement, and you can tell the company is concerned for the happiness of employees which I've come to see is really important for creating a good work environment. Very happy!

Cons

I'm still pretty new but there haven't been anything worth writing so far.

Technical Recruiter

Happy employees create a vibrant and successful business! Welcome to the family! Oh, we are having fruit parfaits during the birthday celebrations and town hall today. Woohoo!!

10. 5.0

"Recommend this to a friend?" - YES

Jan 12, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, very friendly and fun. Generous benefits package. Company parties throughout the year. Competitive salaries for vast majority of employees. Company vision is solid. Goal setting is important and keeps you involved and feeling empowered in the work place, which is unique and hard to accomplish. Hands off management style, get your work done and report regularly, but no hovering or micro management here. Everyone I talk to about Experticity ends up asking if we are hiring, that's a very good sign.

Cons

- No Tuition Reimbursement, although I think the flexible PTO makes up for this in some ways. - I do not see much internal hiring. There are exceptions in certain departments but they seem to be more lateral movements rather than moves into managerial positions. - Company is growing FAST, this is both a great and annoying thing at times. Some growing pains are to be expected with a fledgling company moving into a more mature stage. - Can we have two gallons of milk in the common fridge? Its all gone by Tuesday mid-day, thanks.

Technical Recruiter

Thanks for the recommendation and feedback!! Our employees make the work environment extremely fun and friendly. We have also added a common area which allows all employees to mix and mingle while getting some grub or just for a change in scenery. Tuition reimbursement is a decision for the direct manager and their budget, never hurts to ask! It's also up to the manager to notify the rest of the company about promotions within their department. We have had many already this year. Recruiting has built an internal process now and will be overseeing all internal applicants in the future!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Reviews