Exploria Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Exploria Resorts CEO Thomas J. Morris
Thomas J. Morris
Pros
Cons
  • "Tour flow during peak seasons can be intense which is expected(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

1. ":)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clermont, FL

I have been working at Exploria Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been at Exploria over a year. When I first started the company was in the middle of shifting from a small phone room in the Corporate building into a huge call center. Fast forward to a year and a half later, the marketing team has quadrupled. Kellie has been a rock star in this entire process. Only thing consistent is change and she has handled it with such grace and poise. All the changes we have experienced... this past year have been a bit hard, but with this leadership team and with help from Kellie and Rancie, it has been a breeze. I look forward to many years. Huge thank you to Kellie for Molding me into the sales person I am. <3

Cons

N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Kellie and all of her leadership is amazing. I wish I could bring this team morale with me everywhere I go!

Exploria Resorts2019-03-10
  2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Exploria Resorts full-time

Pros

Good at building a sales background

Cons

A lot of talking to people

Advice to Management

Help reps more than needed

Exploria Resorts2019-12-11

"Fool me once, twice but not a third time!"

Current Employee - Mmt in New York, NY

I have been working at Exploria Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

1.) The money, but only when there are locations and genuine people to sell. 2.) The people you work with. Many amazing talented individuals that are long term, but there are many that don't last more than a month. 3.) I enjoyed the many different wedding shows, festivals, and expos we attended, but they cut cost and we lost all that.

Cons

The cons are many so I can't number them on their each own line. Since our costs had to be cut our pay is terrible, no shows, festivals or expos, they reopened malls due to lack of locations and worrisome that they were going to lose their employees because of no work. Mind you that these locations were closed due to a lack of production out of these locations in the past. They cut manager bonuses which... caused management to start to write deals and take locations and hours away from their reps. Not only that we have to fend for ourselves now we are now in competition for a decent paycheck with our management. We can't look at management for motivation or help since they are trying to make it on their own now. Which causes stress from the top of the tree and all the way down to the roots. If you tell me otherwise that I'm delusional or over-exaggerating I'm afraid not and to be quite frank I wish I was. Also, they cut back on supervisor positions and some people lost their jobs. We lost two amazing people that helped so many and kept two awesome teams woot woot NJ and NY represent alive and gave so much motivation when they were down. Worst mistake Exploria could have made thus far. Most of the senior reps are hanging in there by mere strings waiting for a glimpse of hope or salvation. This is where my headline - "Fool me once, twice but not a third-time" chimes in. You tell us once we believe you, you tell us twice and we start to have opinions. You tell us third-time things are turning around and you're going to make it more profitable for us and now we think you're just full of it. The moral of the story is to stop talking and start taking action. Help those who are loyal to you for so long and continue to be loyal to you and make changes now. Some of us don't have six or more months to wait for these changes. We need something now. You may know the feeling but you may also forget the feeling of only receiving a check that will only cover half your rent and bills. Or having the stress of telling your loved ones no presents this year because of Exploria not having a 6month plan for its employees.

Advice to Management

Heather from NJ you are an extremely amazing person and I love the way you are so sweet to your employees and you treat everyone with fairness. For NY management you need to take some pointers from her. Stop buying contracts with the Yankees because you like the perks they give you, stop buying Nascar teams and soccer stadiums just because you can. The people giving you this advice for marketing are the... ones that need to be fired and let go. Your bread and butter and where investments need to be made are in the roots of the company. All the tiny roots in the tree that taste the water first before providing to the tree are the ones you need to love and cherish and that right now are NJ and NY. Some people are afraid to speak up because we see what happens when people speak up and defend our employees they are let go. But I'm not afraid anymore. The truth needs to be told and personally, in a review, this is where it needs to start to be heard. Also for ratings and why I gave 5 stars to Senior Management is only because of 3 individuals that deserve 5 stars.

Exploria Resorts2019-12-06
  4. "Exploria sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lake George, NY

I worked at Exploria Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay can be good

Cons

Treatment of employees by Supervisors is not acceptable. Sales are taken away. And there us very little that can be done about it. Very poor experience, at the local level. Even though, the company, itself has alot to offer.

Advice to Management

Professionalism for Supervisors should be a requirement.

Exploria Resorts2019-07-10
  5. "Terrible Company!! Have laid off hundreds of employees"

Former Employee - Philadelphia Team

I worked at Exploria Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have good pay for the time you are employed but with that it is impossible to track your commission

Cons

They shut down the entire market without giving anyone notice Not professional Do not care about their employees They have shut down multiple offices Have laid off hundreds of employees

Advice to Management

They have no care to their employees

Exploria Resorts2019-07-25
  6. "What a joke"

Current Employee - Villa Cleaner in East Stroudsburg, PA

I have been working at Exploria Resorts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good hourly wage but not enough for the work entailed

Cons

Supervisor should get paid less especially that they dont work at all for $15 a hour. Supervisors promised a certain cleaner a supervisor position not based on experience or years on property. It's based on who they like and dont

Advice to Management

When picking supervisors it should be based on experience not on who you like. Also at $15 a hour they should be working not hanging out or leaving property to go home. That is a waste of company money and it affects the budget. So many hard working supervisors lost their job so non working supervisors could keep theirs. NOT FAIR or RIGHT

Exploria Resorts2019-07-07
  7. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Telemarketer in Clermont, FL

I have been working at Exploria Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family environment, great comp plan, opportunity for growth

Cons

The location is far from where I live

Exploria Resorts2019-02-13
  8. "Marketing Sales/ Customer Care/ Event Planner"

Former Employee - Marketing Sales, Event Planner, Customer Service Representative in Clermont, FL

I worked at Exploria Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started with Exploria at the corporate call center in May 2018. I moved from North Carolina to Florida for the job. I can’t speak for everyone else, but I enjoyed myself at Exploria. Ranice is a great call Center Director, supervisors are helpful and down to earth. What I can say about the supervisor, they work with you. I had to leave work for a few days due to me transitioning from NC to FL. They worked with me... and was very understanding. I had car issues and had to ask people for rides, change schedule till my car was up and running. I ended up trading my vehicle in, and had to miss days going to the dealership. Where I’m going with this, these are some amazing people. From HR to the call center, the company is a great company to work for. The only reason I left because the money was to small. Even though I have a great job now that pays well, with free health care. I really miss working at the call center. I feel like a step child that loves cake and can’t get any. Even the employees there are really amazing people to work with. Well all this being said, Thank you Exploria Resorts for the amazing time we had together. Shout Out to the call center. WELCOME TO WORK LOL

Cons

The pay is too small. How are we suppose to build the wall?

Advice to Management

Shout Out to the management team. Miss you all!!! I see your hard work and I thank you!

Exploria Resorts2019-01-08
  9. "Face to face marketing and sales"

I have been working at Exploria Resorts part-time

Pros

Great company with lots of flexibility. Manager Ellen is extremely helpful and goes above and beyond to help. Fun environment, money can be made. Love doing the events for marketing. Co workers are almost all great people..

Cons

Would love more venues.... that's the golden ticket!

Exploria Resorts2018-12-17
  10. "Brand Ambassador"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Exploria Resorts part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly staff Good work environment Room for growth Bonus

Cons

No employee discount Work hours

Exploria Resorts2018-12-14