Exponent HR Reviews | Glassdoor

Exponent HR Reviews

2.0
Lawrence Lacerte

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I have been working at Exponent HR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly, team oriented culture, everyone really makes you feel like a part of the family. Low levels of turnover, even in generally susceptible departments.

Cons

Assets could be distributed more evenly. Would like to see upper management foster, more efficiently, an environment of growth.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing, but don't lose sight of misplaced assets. It's all about having the right pieces in the right places.

"Worse Company to Date"

Former Employee - Payroll in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Payroll in Dallas, TX

Pros

They provide timely paychecks and holiday leave.

Cons

This company of people (mostly relatives) do not accept outsiders and look for excuses to get rid of them. They are untruthful to employees about benefits and mislead clients about work products. My advise to you is to take the rating on this page very seriously and use your best judgement. If you are looking for short-term work, this is the place for you if you're an outsider because you won't be there long.

Advice to Management

Retire...

"Don't Fall for It"

Former Employee - Customer Account Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Account Manager in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Exponent HR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible on Scheduling but you'll end up working a lot more than you want.
    Got to wear jeans so I guess that's a pro.

Cons

The good things you do go virtually unnoticed and everything you do wrong is shouted from the roof tops. Your accomplishments are "we did this" and your failures are "you did this". Do not fall for the charismatic attitude of the higher ups. It's a lie. All you're there to do is make the company money. Innovation and creativity is stifled.

Advice to Management

For a human resources company you sure don't know how to place value in people.

"Customer of Exponent HR"

Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Exponent HR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They were a good check cutting company. That's about it.

Cons

Be careful with ExponentHR. We had them for a little over 2 years and their service was lacking. More importantly, please realize that once you leave them, they will charge you 50% of your monthly fees to have even one day of access to get to your data if you need to. They'll tell you at termination that you need to go into the system and download all the reports you will ever need, but the reality of doing that with their system is not practical. You cannot get to check stubs without touching every employee record and downloading the documents individually. I need to get a prior year check stub for an employee and they are forcing me to pay $800 to get it. I can foresee that this will become a big issue in the future for us, but they know they have a gun to our head. I have lost all respect for this company.

"Pros and Cons"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I have been working at Exponent HR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in work schedules sometimes and casual dress for most departments.

Cons

Total lack of communication, no room to advance in your career, no compensation incentives or performance reviews for extended periods of time. No real direction or guidance when it comes to the company's values and goals.

Advice to Management

Take initiative and take responsibility! Don't lead your workforce by lack of responsibility and total lack of communication. Employees are not motivated and felt appreciated by being led by people who leave them in the dark.

"Working for a small company with lots of family and friends...Good or Bad?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

ExponentHR is a small, tight knit, organization which offers a very comprehensive and competitive benefit package. Generous paid leave and benefit plans are among the best in the industry. A truly unique product and service offering stands out against our competitors. You really feel like you are a part of a company that IS making a difference in our industry.

Cons

Sometimes you wonder who is running the company and how decisions get made. If you truly want to excel as an organization then you need to set goals and metrics for everyone in the organization and then evaluate on those goals. This organization does very little to accept responsiblity for a poor outcome and very often points to an outside factor for the failure.

Advice to Management

Communication and performance evaluation in this company are virtually non existant. Employees really do crave open dialog from the leadership in the company. Regularlly scheduled updates on our success and failure. Two words, Honesty and Openess.