Exponential-e "social events" Reviews | Glassdoor

Exponential-e Employee Reviews about "social events"

Updated May 31, 2019

Found 95 reviews

Lee Wade
Pros
  • "discounted gym membership and the company pays for fun social events all year round(in 8 reviews)

• "Exponential-e gives people the opportunity to be a part of an incredible journey(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Zero career progression, probably 2 people who have gone from channel sales to a manger (or any other role), in the last 10 years(in 5 reviews)

• "Questionable hiring decisions pushed by HR & senior management(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "social events"

Return to all Reviews

"Don't Join Sales...!"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Exponential-e full-time

Pros

- Free coffee. - Couple of fun social events. - Good location for pubs and train stations.

Cons

- Very few good managers - Lie at interview stage to get you to join then nothing from the interview comes to fruition - Bullying, talked down to and shouted at. -20% Of sales force hit target each month. - No Flexible working unless you are way over your impossible target. - No dress down on Friday, unless you are way over your impossible target. (suit and tie everyday) - Have to stay until 7PM on Month end...

Advice to Management

Stop getting Shareholders/Longstanding employees to write reviews instead of addressing the problems. Tell people at interview stage how many people have stayed in channel sales since joining in the last 2 years. Tell people at interview stage how many people hit target regularly. Allow flexible working and smart casual dress, it's not Wall Street in 1985.

Exponential-e2019-03-07
  2. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at Exponential-e full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Have worked at Exponential-e for ten years in which time it has increased in size from around 100 employees to nearly 450 employees whilst experiencing significant double-digit growth year on year, something unheard of elsewhere in its sector. The CEO, MD and other directors provide, and inspire, huge amounts of personal loyalty; they are approachable and willing to listen and take on board your views and advice. Opinions...

Cons

There can still be a "sell anything to anyone" attitude amongst certain salespeople which takes up time and resource amongst support functions which is not proportionate to the deal value.

Advice to Management

Have all relevant resources reporting into the relevant director (i.e. sales people into sales director). This helps support functions by having a single point of resolution for competing demands.

Exponential-e2019-01-16

"Forward-Thinking Organisation with the Ability to Execute"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Exponential-e full-time

Pros

* Strong vision, strong financials, strong year-on-year performance * Stable top-level management team * Very friendly organisation * Excellent technical ability to execute * Strong focus on staff development * Steady flow of social events (if that's your thing) * Family friendly * On-site coffee shop

Cons

Genuinely, there are no downsides.

Exponential-e2017-10-20

"Great company for fun, career growth and being part of something very successful!"

I have been working at Exponential-e full-time

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to develop my career as the company is fast growing. I've got access to LinkedIn Learning which the company pays for. Cool perks like free fruit, onsite Café, discounted gym membership and the company pays for fun social events all year round! We work hard and as a result the business is very successful and growing fast!

Cons

None worth noting. You get out what you put in.

Advice to Management

Would love to see more of you at Thirsty Thursday!

Exponential-e2017-10-18

"More challenging than it need be. Could be so much more."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisham, England

I have been working at Exponential-e full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people. Very helpful. Some talented very talented people here. Excellent products and support infrastructure. Great environment and decent benefits for all. I have enjoyed attending excellent work social events over the years as the business is very inclusive.

Cons

No real direction given. Scared leadership that have been under immense pressure for months. All about the money coming in and business closed. Ambition is on a Monthly basis. No career progression. One person promoted in sales and support in 2 years and a revolving door / high people churn doesn't help. Good company to work for if you can avoid being in sales. If it's a sales role that you are seeking, I would suggest...

Advice to Management

Communicate more. Have a communicable executable plan for sales and delivery.

Exponential-e2016-10-07

"I love coming to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Exponential-e full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

* Direct access to board members inc CEO and MD * Good commission plan * Good benefits * Good company social events * Financially secure * continued year on year growth means promotion opportunity

Cons

No designated smoking area so all the smokers stand outside the office puffing away. not a great look for when prospects or customers come to visit

Advice to Management

Empower more people to make decisions. The lack of decision makers means that certain people become bottlenecks which can cause dealys

Exponential-e2016-08-30

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Provisioning Coordinator in London, England

I have been working at Exponential-e full-time for less than a year

Pros

I would highly recommend anyone to apply for a job within Exponential-e if you found one that matches your skills. This company gives you all right support and opportunities to grow. The company's culture and social events are always amazing. They manage to maintain healthy level of work life balance. I am very much sorry to leave. Its truly amazing company to work for with right values, strategy and vision.

Cons

I cant think of any example as I very much enjoyed my experience at Exponential-e.

Advice to Management

Keep up with amazing work everyone is doing.

Exponential-e2015-10-19