Express Care Urgent Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Maurice Reid

"Poor Management"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist

I have been working at Express Care Urgent Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Express Care for less then a year but have met some of the most amazing people. My regional is an amazing person and tries her best to help as much as she can. Express Care has also provided me with the tools I need to advance my career.

Cons

Besides having an amazing regional I do believe upper management does not treat employees fair. I am currently pregnant and was recently diagnosed with a disorder that could affect the health of my unborn child. Because of this diagnosis I have been required to have weekly Nonstress Test (NST) appointments to monitor the health of my unborn child. Some times these appointments require me to come in on the days that I work. So that I don't receive an occurence for calling out I have requested to come in at a later time. Each time I notified management they were not supportive at all. I was told if I didn't find someone to switch hours with me it would be an occurrence and that they usually don't approve request like that. God forbid you get sick and can't switch or come in because you're scolded for that as well.

Express Care Urgent Care2019-04-05

"Toxic boss"

I worked at Express Care Urgent Care

Pros

No nights, no call, 3 days a week is full time.

Cons

The owner fosters a culture of blame and fear.

Express Care Urgent Care2018-10-23

"Medical Assistant"

Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in New Haven, CT

I worked at Express Care Urgent Care part-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved how the patient's come in

Cons

Just lack of communication and on the phone's way to much

Express Care Urgent Care2018-04-22

"Termanation"

Former Employee - Lead Certified Medical Assistant Technician in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Express Care Urgent Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I loved and had a passion at what I did hey good communication with supervisors that were above me but not the owners that seem to favor people enjoyed most of the intelligent coworkers I worked with and all of them can vouch for me that I work with speed and efficiency and always had satisfied customers.

Cons

Once Kelly took over it was like everybody is just a body nearby means nothing to them we are just bodies to fill spaces people are working for Paychex While others are working 100-140 he. To help them when tey are in need They will terminate you by phone no write up drug screening. No reason but gossip! Lots of gossips and drama!

Express Care Urgent Care2018-05-05
  5. "custodian"

I have been working at Express Care Urgent Care part-time

Pros

Co-workers are nice and very professional

Cons

not enough hours for position

Express Care Urgent Care2018-01-20
  6. "Recptionist"

Current Employee - Medical Recptionist in Bear, DE

I have been working at Express Care Urgent Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work is okay but I am look more for a work life balance

Cons

you have no life working for this company

Express Care Urgent Care2018-02-09

"The worst"

I worked at Express Care Urgent Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Three day work week, but not worth the he'll you feel the days you do work

Cons

The management is unprofessional, and a bunch of liars. This company is DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA!!! Everyone there hates it so they have a very high turnover. They lie about what your job description will be, but then change it whenever they feel like it. And if the owners wife doesn't like you, whether you are a great employee or not, she will fire you for no reason. The absolute worst job I've ever had! Low wages, limited benefits, no real HR. No respect or appreciation for the employees who work there. They basically treat you like a slave. They communicate entirely through text and email all day, everyday. Once you are at work, you can't leave no matter the emergency or risk being fired. All I can say is STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Save yourselves from a living hell!! They really deserve a zero.

Express Care Urgent Care2018-01-18

"Honestly Job isnt that bad"

I have been working at Express Care Urgent Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Only work 12 days a month.

Cons

hours. hours. hours. 11-15 hour shifts are all you do.

Express Care Urgent Care2017-10-24

"Do not go there. Ever."

I worked at Express Care Urgent Care full-time

Pros

I cannot think of any

Cons

Pay is NOT commensurate w experience. If you work hard, they work you harder and let the slackers slack. You never get off even remotely close to on time. Expect in cold & flu season to be there 2-3 hrs late. Staffing is horrible and they have NO back-up for call outs. You are expected to drive all over God's creation to work. For free. Mandatory staff meetings are unpaid. You never have the supplies you need. Standing orders make no sense except to line the companies pockets. Only friends and family get promoted. The benefits are horrible. No time off. Insurance is pricey and you have a high deductible. Staff is miserable. I do NOT know why anyone stays!

Express Care Urgent Care2017-07-28

"Not worth it - keep looking"

I worked at Express Care Urgent Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Youll learn a lot of material during your time there.

Cons

Management is horrible. Upper management above them are even worse. They don't know how to communicate. And they will screw you over when it comes to pay. If you call out expect to lose hours. If you complain expect to be ignored. Pay is horrible unless you're a doctor or X-ray. They're expanding and will send you to locations that you didn't sign up for. Their policies and "protocols" are completely worthless and are only out to take money away from patients. If you really care about working with people then find a company that cares as much. This company could care less about patients and they're all about money. best advice, go work at patient first.

Express Care Urgent Care2017-03-22