Express Scripts Reviews in Port Saint Lucie, FL | Glassdoor

2.6
Express Scripts President & Chief Executive Officer Tim Wentworth
Tim Wentworth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The ability to work from home when needed is a plus (in 182 reviews)

• Embracing agile has promoted work life balance (if you want that) or if you want to work more projects you can get involved with other teams (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is struggling to define a work-life balance (in 212 reviews)

• no work life balance despite company rhetoric to the contrary (in 78 reviews)

1. "Patient Care Advocate"

Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have work for several call center in my life and I have to be honest Express Scripts happens to be one of the better companies to work for, the environment is pleasant and the co-workers are friendly. If you're looking for job security Express Scripts is a good place to start you don't have to worry about being laid off during off season. They have (VTO) volunteer time off you can choose to use if you like. They have excellent benefits and they encourage their employees to continue their education they're willing to accommodate work schedule for your continual education.

Cons

If you're looking for a permanent shift don't expect to have one with Express Scripts it's constantly changing they have shift bids and you never know what schedule you will end up with. The pay could be a lot better for the amount of work you are doing.

Advice to Management

Express Scripts will promote within

"Worst employer ever!!!!!"

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at Express Scripts (Less than a year)

Pros

There are sufficient vending machines for snacks.

Cons

If you want to keep your job, do not, whatever you do, comment about the pro homosexual agenda of ESI!!!!! You will be punished for commenting about the FILTHY attitude of ESI!!!! Even if the reader of this post is pro gay, consider this: if you work past 9:30 P.M., you will hear a LOUD vacuum being run right past you desk WHILE YOU ARE ON A CALL!!!!! corporate emailed me a document which I would have submitted to my doctor had I sill worked for ESI which would have required me to schedule my extra restroom breaks. How in God's name do I now when I need to go to the bathroom before I start my shift?!?!? Thank God I do not work there anymore!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Please do not have the cleaning crew run their vacuums while reps are taking calls!!! ESI does not need to be that cheap!!!!!! Also, do not complain about reps using the bathroom between official breaks!!

Express Scripts Response

Jun 23, 2017 – Content Coordinator

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. While everyone has the right to their own opinion, at Express Scripts, we believe our employees have the right to bring their true selves to... More

3. "It is what it is"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The tuition reimbursement program is nice and the call center was well maintained. They were willing to change work schedule and allowed me to work from home so I could finish my bachelor's degree.

Cons

It was a customer service job dealing with Medicare patients. Enough said.

"Patient Care Advocate"

Former Employee - Data Entry in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my position for the period of time I was.

Cons

Micro managed company, employer does not take much input from the employees.

"Mediocre at Best"

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health and Dental Insurance
    Weekly Pay
    PTO/VTO
    I left one day and never went back. I smile a lot more now :)

Cons

Feeling of being chained to a desk and every breath you take in the building is monitored
    Cliquish- Phonies
    Lack of communication between employees and supervisors/management, as well as information lapses between departments.
    Systems are slow and outdated
    Call volume is unnecessarily high (it is a call center but if you have a brain and already work there you know what I mean)
    Pay is very low, forcing the employee to be almost robotic in order to hit metrics in order to make bonus. To be robotic, it's hard to actually help the caller because it becomes a choice between actually resolving the issue or making the right quality score and AHT (which doesn't count, but is still counted and brought up...but don't worry! It doesn't count for anything but is just monitored...yup-_-)
    Schedules are undesirable for most.
    It is very obvious that the company only cares about their bottom line, not customers or employees. Employees are stressed, unhealthy, are less engaged...and it hurts business.
    If you have a degree you will not be happy here. It is not easy to be promoted (unless you suck up) and the job itself will bore you after you learn the basics because there is no real challenge, work culture or advancement with the kind of pay that will actually pay off your student loans.

Advice to Management

Have a bit more understanding and respect for the employees with direct contact with patients. If they are not happy the caller won't be happy, then you don't get to buy that yacht. Offer the kind of work culture, flexibility and pay you would want for yourself. Treat us like people.

Express Scripts Response

Jan 24, 2017 – Content Coordinator

Thanks for taking time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience at Express Scripts was unfavorable. We appreciate your input around improving our culture. Just like we... More

6. "Good job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly easy to learn and master the basics, flexible hours mornings days and evenings

Cons

Advice to Management

Stop the Stressful micromanaged high pressure sales ride customers changing priorities often monitored calls

7. "Patient Care Advocate"

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at Express Scripts (More than a year)

Pros

If you would like to continue working in a call center, that is the place to be

Cons

No comment at this time

Advice to Management

Need to change some of the SOPs to facilitate the time we are living in eg. 21st Century.

"PCA"

Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work environment, management is great. Good benefits. Decent pay range. Bonus opportunities, and project opportunities. Room to advance if you're willing to be a on the phone supervisor

Cons

If you do not like talking on the phone, or explaining insurance ESI is not for you. Must have patience and be willing to repeat yourself.

Advice to Management

Test drive pilots before releasing them and take more advice for PCA's since they are the front line of the company,

"Horrible place"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Pros

There is nothing positive about working here supervisors ran the site. Site director or managers were never there or their doors were always closed.

Cons

No work life balance for sups... 35+ agents to one sup...No support from senior leadership.... Ethical issues when selecting for promotions

Advice to Management

Listen to your front line employees

"OK place to work"

Former Employee - Pca in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Pca in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Pros

Free coffee, water and ice. I had a good team lead. I enjoyed my co-workers. Overall enjoyed working there.

Cons

"Adherence" to schedule was a little ridiculous at times. It was an icebox everyday! Help your members but get them off the phone as quickly as possible. I think customer service was compromised because of that.

Advice to Management

Care more about the members than time. I had a good team lead that pretty much left me alone to do the work I was assigned to. Some didn't do that or weren't helpful at all.

Showing 15 of 2,198 reviews