Express Scripts Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Express Scripts President & Chief Executive Officer Tim Wentworth
Tim Wentworth

Pros
  • The ability to work from home when needed is a plus (in 171 reviews)

• Great work/ life balance and opportunity for career growth (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is struggling to define a work-life balance (in 207 reviews)

• Minimal direction internally with almost no work/life balance (in 77 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company where technology is a competitive advantage"

Current Employee - IT Senior Director in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - IT Senior Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined the technology organization 2 months ago, here are my observations thus far:
    + empowered employees at all levels who are encouraged to challenge the status quo
    + helping clients and patients are truly the focus of the company... a VERY noble mission
    + Alignment at the highest c-suite levels that technology and data is a major competitive advantage
    + little bureaucracy and an org structure that feels flat and like a community. Every employee gets to hear and ask questions to the CIO every other week. No ivory towers.
    + a technologists dream: agile, CI/CD, TDD, cloud (PCF), big data/analytics, mobile and watch apps, hack-a-thons, collaborative workspaces. This is the journey the organization is on.
    + great culture: supporting charities and community service is important; fun at work with ping pong tables, adult coloring murals, March Madness viewing party. Casual dress code is also nice.

Cons

- I've been here two months and can find very little cons. The company has gone through a major cultural transformation over the last 2 years with new C-suite leadership. I did read through the glass door reviews before I accepted my position and I can say that most of the reviews are based on the old culture. I am very glad I joined the Express Scripts team.

Advice to Management

Keep the unwavering focus on the patients and clients. Internally: keep the focus on the employees and their empowerment to make a difference.

2. "Team Lead"

Former Employee - Contact Center ASC Team Lead in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Contact Center ASC Team Lead in Orlando, FL

I worked at Express Scripts (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits 401K, Health Insurance and Pay

Cons

Focus on employees developmental growth to better the company.

3. "Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to take on new challenges and gain varied experience within your function. Regardless of age or tenure if you're willing to put in the work your successes are recognized and directly impact your career trajectory. Changing culture (transparency from management, casual work environment-jeans), work with the best-talented people, work that makes an impact.

Cons

Lacking a clear stance on ability to work from home on a set schedule, for example a set day each week. Very limited maternity benefit (and you must exhaust your PTO first) and no paternity benefit; however continue to offer other new benefits.

Advice to Management

Address work flexibility and consider improving benefits for parents.

5. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership and amazing team atmosphere.

Cons

The company is struggling to define a work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. "Rewarding place to work"

Current Employee - Training Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Training Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid time off, opportunities for advancement, competitive and innovative environment, benefits

Cons

Sometimes need to work long hours

"Highly recoomend for PCA W@H"

Current Employee - Pca in Valdosta, GA
    Current Employee - Pca in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working with ESI for over 2 years in our virtual site of Valdosta. Yes there are of changes and with those changes comes positive outcomes. Is there some things we can help change to make costumer service better, yes. Are there changes that can be implemented to the virtual cites that can make our jobs better, yes. But in order to make those changes we need to be heard. Our voices count too. And yes so.stones I feel as if it doesn't because you have to prove that the problem exist. And that is the hardest part if the job. Aa an employee I have learned how to help my members not just by listening but relating to their situations. I always tell myself that you have to be patient and listen in order to be able to understand your member and their concerns. I truly believe that ESI HAS AND WILL continue to bring changes to the members and clients they represent. We as a whole company have to take time and have open communication to make the system work for both call centers, management, virtual cites so we can be 100 % CSR FOR OUR MEMBERS. Great benefits, great pay,excellent bonuses all are great. But educating the member about who we are and what we can do is more important. I learned as a member through my employment what my insurance benefits has to offer me in order for my health to say it's course. I thank God Daily for what I do here on my job. Even though my system can go down. I just would like to help make a difference in my virtual community for me and for my fellow PCAS

Cons

Downtime and please stop thinking ISP IS OUR FAILURE. Its not. Nor is our system. How flow of traffic is routed

Advice to Management

Please help the virtual better our connection so we may serve our members better. I love what I do and it hurts to see how employees current and formal play a ugly role in how ESI Operates. To have been online the last 3 days looking at feedback and how poorly we are being judged ud hurtful. We can do better if we communicate more.

8. "Some areas better than others"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Advancement ops for salary employees.

Cons

Lots of decisions made at bus group level. My environment is great but my vp is great. Not all are.

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Very engaged managers and senior leadership. I always feel I can be candid with my superiors and get support.
    -The opportunity to work on strategic projects that you know will have an impact on people's health and well-being.
    -I joined Express Scripts after they switched to casual dress and it's awesome!
    -The compensation and benefits are the best out of any company I've worked for.

Cons

-Frequent reorganization of teams can make it difficult to understand how your role fits into the bigger picture of your department.

10. "Good place to work at ESI"

Former Contractor - Senior Delivery Manager in Bloomington, MN
    Former Contractor - Senior Delivery Manager in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Express Scripts as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast pace development, new development key to business growth, direct leadership

Cons

project scope not always clearly defined, time based delivery

11. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Express Scripts full-time

Pros

I was an intern for this company and they gave me so much freedom and responsibility to learn through my internship. My team was helpful, supportive and fun. I had the opportunity to work on so many fabulous projects.

Cons

Culture used to not be as people-focused. They are working towards changing that.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on people instead of only data and the results will be amazing

Showing 214 of 2,113 reviews