Express Scripts Reviews | Glassdoor

Express Scripts President & Chief Executive Officer Tim Wentworth
Tim Wentworth

2,098 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The ability to work from home when needed is a plus (in 183 reviews)

• Embracing agile has promoted work life balance (if you want that) or if you want to work more projects you can get involved with other teams (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is struggling to define a work-life balance (in 212 reviews)

• no work life balance despite company rhetoric to the contrary (in 78 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company where technology is a competitive advantage"

Current Employee - IT Senior Director in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - IT Senior Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined the technology organization 2 months ago, here are my observations thus far:
    + empowered employees at all levels who are encouraged to challenge the status quo
    + helping clients and patients are truly the focus of the company... a VERY noble mission
    + Alignment at the highest c-suite levels that technology and data is a major competitive advantage
    + little bureaucracy and an org structure that feels flat and like a community. Every employee gets to hear and ask questions to the CIO every other week. No ivory towers.
    + a technologists dream: agile, CI/CD, TDD, cloud (PCF), big data/analytics, mobile and watch apps, hack-a-thons, collaborative workspaces. This is the journey the organization is on.
    + great culture: supporting charities and community service is important; fun at work with ping pong tables, adult coloring murals, March Madness viewing party. Casual dress code is also nice.

Cons

- I've been here two months and can find very little cons. The company has gone through a major cultural transformation over the last 2 years with new C-suite leadership. I did read through the glass door reviews before I accepted my position and I can say that most of the reviews are based on the old culture. I am very glad I joined the Express Scripts team.

Advice to Management

Keep the unwavering focus on the patients and clients. Internally: keep the focus on the employees and their empowerment to make a difference.

2. "Pharmacy Tech"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Fillmore, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Fillmore, CA

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The customer service and efficiency here is top of the line . We strive to get you want you need at a pace that is unmatched.

Cons

Management is not a very good trait. Need better managers to equally give duties. Need a more efficient system .

Advice to Management

Listen to your hard and loyal workers before it's too late. Make them feel appreciated.

3. "Not for the Faint of Heart"

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time

Pros

The benefits are ok.
    My individual team is really good people and worth coming to work for.

Cons

The job is grueling- the work is extremely varied and you spend a lot of time investigating information that doctors and other departments should have already provided.

The emotional kickback is high- you are dealing with patients who are in pain- have drug addictions- parents of babies- telling them meds are denied or we screwed up a shipment. It can be heart-wrenching.

The management doesn't get it- they expect big numbers but it is completely luck of the draw whether you get accounts that can easily be completed or if they will take days or even weeks to resolve- which means it affects if you get a raise or bonus.

November through march is like a never ending hell week- accounts that never end, mandatory overtime, upset customers, upset management if you don't make your numbers. The stress is very high.

Advice to Management

You are getting better- your asking the right questions to make changes but it has to happen faster.

"Eligibility Associate"

I worked at Express Scripts full-time

Pros

Love to help people an put a smile on there face.

Cons

When you need help what something leads was never helpful

"A so-so place to work"

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time

Pros

PTO, vacation time, paid holidays, benefits, 401k, nice people for the most part.

Cons

Crosstraining into multiple areas now, with very little compensation. Majority of my work is now in an area I didn't apply for, nor wanted. Almost zero advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Work at home program would solve the low moral issues, and increase productivity. Time to get into the 21st century.

6. "Tech Lead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just completed 3 months in Express scripts so far experience is great.

Cons

Not I am aware of now at this point of time.

Advice to Management

Continue to bring new change int he work environment so ES is true technology company.

7. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - IT – Infrastructure Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - IT – Infrastructure Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and competitive pay

Cons

Complex business' have many departments to learn and this makes it hard to find the right avenue to get work done.

8. "Patient Care Advocate"

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, good work life ballance, company seems to care about employees

Cons

Behind in technology and comunications. Departments should be more knowledge and aware of what other job areas do.

Advice to Management

To continue with your current improvements.

"Job is not bad, does not pay well. Managed okay, plenty of room for improvement."

Current Employee - Eligibility Associate II in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Eligibility Associate II in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits.
    Great for a stepping stone. Not a bad company to obtain experience from. College tuition and medical benefits are just a few of the pros.

Cons

Management. Having someone in management has your best interest, not just their own. Pay is horrible, no one could really live off of this salary. I had to get a second job.

"Patient care advocate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to clock out

Cons

When started 3 years decent company. They treat like robot do not want use bathroom. And. There calls overlape you on a call member. And member hangsvupvnew calls cones in behind say we got video you hung so your fault stem error other no video blank screen call drops your mouse there call drops your fault make honest mistake your fired. Three years never written up workedvovertime .flex schedule cause needed helpedcworjed holiday work three different .ask for help never got it was not shown calls till in room fire me. And brought up my fmla. Which has has made me have panic attacks . they skandervyou. I Also gavevupv12 Saturday works anythingvtgey need I did all supervisor talkvyour personal information to there friends.. Never pay you right tax you like commission 33 1-3 percent. Always system problem never get write amount promise all stuff never follow thru. Ask for help lookbinvcomputer call tel and this for Department of defense customer and want u off 6 min and 90 year old man medicine never comes get off 6 min. 85 percent calls people old customer service here help not push you off phone. Mangemebt worst company ever worked for they all walk around mean nasty except man Peter Olsen best they have. I never say good morning if you say first and 90 percent you don't see there outside smoking. Long run system problems get you fired . supervisor us less. Mangent team no nothing depart of defense new ports st Lucie and not one supvisor on phone for evenbhour hour stock always going down ivgive that company Oct will close there bringing to fire so door closes don't have pay unemployment. Fmla is Phipps and supvisor was holdingvtht against me. There not humans there they want agent to be robots. I gave my all and showed me at the exit door calls there system problem. If you get a job bring your leash cause you there dog.

Advice to Management

Go backvtovschool and get management training. This will bevescolte to Department if defense how they want agentsvtovtret there vet. And medicine AKWAYS. Lost just count number overuse in one month.

Showing 2,098 of 2,208 reviews