Express Scripts Reviews in Saint Marys, GA | Glassdoor

Updated December 22, 2017

Saint Marys, GA

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The company is struggling to define a work-life balance (in 224 reviews)

• no work life balance despite company rhetoric to the contrary (in 82 reviews)

"It depend on your personality to do the job"

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Marys, GA

Pros

Good Pay , health benefits good people to work with

Cons

Hours can be rough some of the expectations are not realistic in specific cases

"Disappointing Place"

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Marys, GA

I worked at Express Scripts (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly find none... Perhaps the constant new hire classes due to so many quitting on a regular basis, although health insurance is available so that is a plus

Cons

Incompetent leadership, poor training instructors, negative reinforcement,daily barrage of emails stating procedure changes, supervisors unwilling to take escalated calls from highly frustrated customers, telephone and computer systems are inefficient resulting in constant call failures and disappearing computer screens while engaged with customers....

Advice to Management

See comments under Cons...also stop promoting untrained incompetent people to management positions....but then again when you look at who is already in management that is not likely to improve

"wonderful company"

Former Employee - Resolution Team Lead in Saint Marys, GA
    Former Employee - Resolution Team Lead in Saint Marys, GA

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good company to work for very professional and supportivemanagement

Cons

dont have any cons to report

"Search elsewhere first"

Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Marys, GA

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good medical, dental, and 401k. Forty hours a week. PTO accrual.

Cons

No work/life balance. Favoritism and nepotism. Overworked, undercompensated. Raises suck. Not willing to work with employees when time off is needed unexpectedly for emergencies. No upward mobility unless you are part of certain cliques.

"Too many Changes Too Fast"

Current Employee - Resolution Team Lead in Saint Marys, GA
    Current Employee - Resolution Team Lead in Saint Marys, GA

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits and the people are great.

Cons

There is not seniority. The pay is not worth your knowledge.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay rate of this position your 1st line supervisors take on more than most of the upper MGMT can handle.

"Good Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Marys, GA

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're seeking experience in a call center, this company will provide enough that you can take those skills to another, better company.

Cons

No room for advancement. Minimal pay for maximum work. No raises. They will train you to handle multiple clients and use various software, adding to your work load, but don't expect to be compensated for the addition work you're taking on. Company claims to provide opportunities for advancement, but will in fact hire from outside for most positions. No balance between work and personal life.

Advice to Management

I'd leave some advice here for management if I thought for even a second it would make a difference, but it will not.

"Great benefits"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Saint Marys, GA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Saint Marys, GA

I have been working at Express Scripts (More than a year)

Pros

Express Scripts offers great benefits and the management has an open door policy. I possessed an entry level position when I started and was still able to speak to one of our senior directors just by sending them an email. I was able to gain the experience that was needed in order to move forward on my career path,

Cons

Every company has its cons, my comment on the cons would be how difficult it is to progress within the company. They do promote from within but there are not many positions that are open and it takes time for one to become available. In addition, it is often hard to get days off when needed, there is no "sick time" granted unless you use your personal paid time off or FMLA. Overall I believe Express Scripts to be a great company to work for!

Advice to Management

I personally love the management here and I would definitely say to keep up the good work.

Express Scripts Response

Nov 25, 2015

We’re happy that you enjoy our competitive benefits and open communications, and that you were able to advance your career with Express Scripts!

In response to your comments about internal... More

"Overall, an excellent employer!"

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Marys, GA

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Express Scripts was one of my favorite employers. Working as part of a team, yet independently, you are able to choose your own schedule. As long as you have good attendance, adhere to your schedule, don't get involved in the drama of others, this is a wonderful place to work. Employees are treated fairly. You have the ability to earn extra money based on your performance. The atmosphere is energetic and friendly.

Cons

You have to be able to tune out the noise of co-workers. That's it. There was nothing I did not like about working at Express Scripts.

Advice to Management

The new management team is outstanding.

"Worst Job Ever"

Former Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Marys, GA

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cheap Healthcare and Performance bonuses. Set Schedule.

Cons

Management does not care about their employees whatsoever. They do not give you the proper tools to handle disgruntled customers, and there a lot of them. You have to sit there and be abused verbally by a customer with no way to really appease them.

Advice to Management

Take care of employees and your retention rate would be much better.

"Extremely stressful"

Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Marys, GA

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Liberal PTO, Health insurance premiums are based upon your salary range. Some VTO offered during over staffed hours. Ability to work from home.

Cons

If you or your kids get sick and you need to call out that day, it's an attendance impact. So even if you met all their metrics, you lose any bonus you may have been entitled to. AHT is unrealistic, if you are truly being a Patient Care Advocate. You can also lose your bonuses if you don't do enough conversions from retail to mail order. They train you in too many cores so you are mediocre in everything instead of an expert in one or two. I could go on and on about quality score reviews, just another way to prevent you from earning your bonuses. Their equipment is outdated and it's like pulling teeth to get replaced. I work from home so everytime there is a thunderstorm and power goes out, it takes awhile to reboot your system.

Advice to Management

Our value to you is based on your ridiculous metrics, seniority means nothing to you. No reward for loyalty. Listen to calls that are longer than 7 minutes. We are fixing problems that other PCA'S didn't because they are more concerned about keeping their average handle time low instead of first call resolution.

Showing 36 of 2,360 reviews