KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Cigna
Engaged Employer

Express Scripts

Add a Review

Express Scripts Employee Reviews about "training"

Updated Aug 17, 2022

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits and winning culture(in 367 reviews)
  • "The only pro I can think of is we had a union from when we were Medco so we had good pay because of that(in 220 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and many aspects of the business which were interesting to learn.(in 152 reviews)
  • "Work from home is flexible(in 147 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers and was an overall pleasant atmosphere.(in 57 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Express Scripts and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "training"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee

All Educated Professional STAY AWAY From Curascript

Jun 22, 2010 - Management in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid time off Convenient location to work

Cons

I felt obligated to write a review about this company so warn others from applying here. I worked with Curascript over two years in a management position. Due to the economic downturn I was forced to take a job here. This review is based on working in the Orlando location. The overall corporate culture is honestly the worst I have worked in. Most employees have no empowerment and no voice in the company. The Orlando location has several recruiters who find people to work for the company. There is usually one training class a month which should tell you how bad the turnover is. As an employee, I felt that I was just a number and I could be easily be replaced if I did not meet the numbers the company sets for their employees. There are several unfilled positions, which requires more work from current employees. I feel many of the positions were for low-skill employees and the company got just that. At times I felt concerned about patients and their medication. For example, a patient care advocate sending medication but not sending syringes/ supply kit that goes along with it. I believe too much is required of an employee that causes the person on the other-side of the phone rush the customer. I think a big thing that this company promotes is it’s growth. I found this posting and felt the need to include it in this post. Most growth is attributed to acquisitions, so the growth you read about is not sustainable. Growth is not due to innovation or forward-looking strategy, unless of course it is related to acquiring another company. I believe this to be dead on. At the end of the day Curascript pharmacy is a client and patient relationship business which it ultimately fails at. I hope potential job seekers, patients, and plan sponsors read this post. As a person in management I feel this company will fail if it continues on the course it’s on.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Treat very capable employees with disrespect based on management goals to get ahead and receive big bonuses to cut staff

Aug 25, 2014 - Training Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits. Nice building to work in. Nice co-workers

Cons

The cost of living in St. Louis is much lower than many other sites, therefore salaries are low for higher cost of living cities. No training opportunities unless you are willing to do it on your own time and pay for it yourself. Unreasonable deadlines and no regard for work/life balance.

14 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Intern

Intern

Feb 4, 2016 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at data entry. Everyone had their space and break time. The training was thorough and they're willing to spend extra time for you to get it right.

Cons

The work was repetitive. It was not exciting nor boring. It is not a high stress job, but everyone seemed burt out. Maybe it's because it was the same thing.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Ok Company.

Oct 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay for Patient Care Advocate. Good Benefits. Nice team members.

Cons

Training is not very thorough. Big training classes. Not enough hands on training or listening to enough calls before going out onto the call floor.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Strong culture

Sep 22, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training staff ensured that staff were prepared for the job and given the resources to perform well.

Cons

Low flexibility with scheduling.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Overall experience has been positive. Your team/department makes or breaks your experience at this company.

Feb 28, 2018 - Senior Product Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great team can really make a wonderful experience, work at home opportunities, generous/fair travel policy, I believe current leadership is trending upwards. Organizational technology is getting better.

Cons

Some teams and middle management can lead to a miserable work experience. Pay raises are disappointing. Learning and training opportunities are lackluster and finding time to complete what is available within the organization is difficult.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Current Employee

Stress pit

Feb 15, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good paid time off, decent benefits.

Cons

Never have I worked a job that was so threat based. From the moment I started I felt as if the goal was to be rid of me. There is such a constant undertone of being shut down, one almost wishes they would just get it over with. Fifty percent of management is incompetent and the quality assurance people use subjective retaliatory marking. Training is laughable and people with little to no education are being taught to push generic drugs in any situation. $$$ are the bottom line not patients.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to start at entry level to get into the company

Oct 20, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits to the employees and 401(k) plan to work with. The training is very good to learn how to work with customers and chance to transfer to other departments.

Cons

The pay is low to start at entry level to get started and you have to work weekends when you get hire. So get ready to adapted to changes with you jobs over the months.

9. 2.0