Extell Reviews | Glassdoor

Extell Reviews

Found 11 reviews

2.6
Gary Barnett

"A great place to work. Very interesting work, great team of people."

I worked at Extell full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Unique exposure to NYC Real Estate without living (and commuting) in NYC: Extell Financial Services is the support system and backbone to their Manhattan office that houses the Property Managers, Construction, and Development teams. Accountants work very closely with NY counterparts to complete daily accounting transactions and monthly reporting. A great team of people in both Louisville and NYC: Extell’s high standards...

Cons

NYC Pace of Business: The excitement of working with NYC Real Estate is a unique experience for someone living and working in Louisville, KY. The NYC experience also tends to come with a NYC pace of business, something that is inevitably unavoidable. Occasional overtime and sometimes urgent requests can be considered a downside. However, some people thrive on the challenge and pace of the work. The work is important...

Extell2015-09-25
  2. "Current employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Extell full-time

Pros

There are a lot of fun activities planned for the staff. Casual summer is awesome! Last year's trip to NY was great. Friendly working environment

Cons

Wish we had casual dress all year round

Extell2017-09-29

"Chief concierge"

Former Employee - Chief Concierge in New York, NY

I worked at Extell full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

To laugh at the unintelligent morons they hire who can't read or write or speak English

Cons

Everything is a con the terrible management the people are terrible the management on every level cow tows to the union morons. Destructive terrible and abusive in every way

Advice to Management

Quit and hide it won't get better

Extell2017-06-13

"This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Extell full-time for more than a year

Pros

The cons outweighs the pros so much that it's not worth listing them. This is the worst company I've ever worked for.

Cons

Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this company. They are extremely bureaucratic, upper mgmt is demeaning and overly demanding. If you leave at 5pm that means you don't have enough work on your plate. The company culture is nonexistent. By far the worst company I've ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like crap.

Extell2017-03-24
  5. "Admin"

I have been working at Extell full-time

Pros

Extell is a real estate development firm and they are truly innovative. Everyone who works there is passionate about what they do. If you work at the main office you get several Jewish holidays off.

Cons

You only get Jewish holiday at the main office. PTO is low when you first start.

Extell2017-01-13

"Accountant"

I worked at Extell full-time

Pros

Unique opportunity to work in exciting & interesting industry based out of NYC (yet living in smaller Louisville, KY) with multi-million dollar projects assigned to individual accountants. Good location. Decent insurance benefits.

Cons

Terrible work environment. Very quiet with socialization scolded. Time off is not flexible & is only available to use in full or half days (not hourly and you'll never be able to leave even a minute early without good reason and discussion with manager) All salaried employees required to clock in & out each day and will be scolded if even more than 5 minutes late (hope you didn't hit traffic today - otherwise again,...

Extell2015-08-17

"accountant"

I worked at Extell full-time

Pros

It's exciting and the work is really fun. It's exciting to know that you are part of changing the Manhattan skyline

Cons

It doesn't feel like the management really cares about their employees. We have to clock in and out, even as a salaried employee, and they care if you are more than 5 minutes late. There is zero trust that we can get our work done without constant supervision. It is a really negative environment that I would avoid. Don't expect much positive feedback

Advice to Management

Learn to trust your people. Also try and let them know that you appreciate everyone taking on more work and procedures. Doing this job day to day is incredibly taxing.

Extell2015-06-14
  8. "HR Intern position was wonderful"

I worked at Extell

Pros

My supervisors were great, very kind, and were always willing to work with my schedule.

Cons

The drive was difficult for me, and I was having a hard time balancing my hours with my school work.

Extell2014-06-15

"Quite office with upbeat staff - driven to succeed and improve each year."

Current Employee - Legal Clerk in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Extell part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- A upward moving company with driven staff and upper management. - Direct connection to some of the biggest real estate deals in the USA. - Fast-paced and performance driven. - Opportunity for advancement. - Great healthcare and benefits. - Office parties and great gifts given at end of year. - Competitive salary. - Excellent coffee, tea, and snack available at your leisure.

Cons

- You may be stuck in a cubicle in Junior positions. - Must be willing to sometimes work longer hours. - Results and improvement are expected. - Sometimes too removed from real estate projects.

Advice to Management

- Try to get the NY office more involved with the KY office. - Keep employees up to date with all deals happening. - Liven up the culture so that employees feel comfortable and able to freely share. - Encourage entrepreneurial spirit and upward management.

Extell2013-04-12
  10. "Unfriendly and Bureaucratic work environment"

I worked at Extell

Pros

Salary was decent. That is the only positive.

Cons

When I started, I walked around to introduce myself. Employees would not even stand or shake my hand, they simply looked at me and went back to work. Needless to say the work environment was very strained. Training consisted of being given a packet of log-in information and "figure it out".

Advice to Management

Treat employees respectfully.

Extell2013-03-22