ExtraHop Networks "fast paced" Reviews | Glassdoor

ExtraHop Networks Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated 6 May 2015

4.2
ExtraHop Networks CEO Arif Kareem (no image)
Arif Kareem
Pros
  • "Smart people, reasonably relaxed workplace, very appropriate projects for an intern(in 5 reviews)

• "Great work/life balance (no need to check email away from the office)(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Significant operational growing pains(in 11 reviews)

• "There will be a few bumps here and there with policies and procedures, office space, and fast paced work(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews

"A Great place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ExtraHop Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extrahop has the great startup culture that everyone is looking for. The company was founded by engineers, so they know the value and things that engineers want. There are many opportunities to learn, great cross team communication, and fun people to be around. The company invests in food, beer, happy hours, places for people to gather and chat, and technology to do your job. I have yet (and don't forsee) to run... into any bickering, politics, or finger pointing. The people are really, truly great to work with. Not a cliche.

Cons

This is a fast growing startup. There will be a few bumps here and there with policies and procedures, office space, and fast paced work. I've worked with several startups, but Extrahop seems to have ducks in a row better than any other startup I have worked for. The bumps are minimal and they work everyday to smooth them out.

Advice to Management

Give a little more often updates about the company and what the execs are doing. The information we get is great, just not that often

ExtraHop Networks2015-05-06

"If you are looking to make an impact every day, no matter your role, you have come to the right place!"

I have been working at ExtraHop Networks full-time

Pros

What made me decide between this place and other larger companies in the area was a true opportunity to expand my skill set. Although I have been here a short time I am already being put on projects that I want experience in and I have a manager who is excited to see me grow and can see my potential.

Cons

It can be a fast paced environment so be prepared to ask questions and to learn as you go.

Advice to Management

Continue to have face to face interactions with people across the organization as much as possible. It is great to be able to have time each month to ask pointed questions and hear from management. I truly feel like a member of the organization when I feel like we are all in this together.

ExtraHop Networks2015-04-03

"Great small company where employees are doing high impact meaningful work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ExtraHop Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Curiosity, excellence and relationships define the culture - Everyone pitches in to help everyone else - Great product that customers love - Leadership team works as a team to do what is best for the business

Cons

- Growing rapidly - which has inherent challenges - Fast pace and big impact/autonomy is not for everyone - Roles require the ability to build strong relationships, detail orientation and great project management skills to follow up.

Advice to Management

The strategic leadership and focus on engaging customers and building products that really provide value for customers is excellent. It would be good to have broad messaging from the CEO and leadership team more regularly. Public forums to share focus, insights, and for employees to ask questions quarterly would results in even better company alignment around key initiatives. More focus on building and promoting the... values and our brand would also add tremendous value.

ExtraHop Networks2015-03-30

"Challenge, excitement, and a culture defined by smart people"

Current Employee - Sales Engineering

I have been working at ExtraHop Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

An exciting, visionary product. The company is made up of many smart people, all willing to grow together. Everyone has the opportunity to affect change at ExtraHop, which is rare. The negative review on this page is completely puzzling to me. I suppose that not everyone is a fit in a highly dynamic environment. Totally disagree with regard to weakness in Sr. Management. The team is rock solid, and company growth... supports that theory.

Cons

This much is definitely true - you really have to be prepared for a fast pace and lots of change. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that has worked at a small, high growth company. If you're looking to work at a place where you can fly beneath the radar and just 'get by', you probably won't be happy. ExtraHop expects a lot, and the employees expect a lot in return. It's sort of a family in that way, which I... really appreciate. This 'con' is also where a lot of the fun lies though, at least in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Keep on your pace to re-define what the space should expect. It's hard to cut through the noise in the market but stick with it; my sense is that things are really starting to take hold. Continue with your hiring, you've brought in some serious talent lately (re-stating confusion on the negative post about Management...)

ExtraHop Networks2013-10-19

"Great Place to Work! Exciting Opportunity to become the next "Splunk.""

I have been working at ExtraHop Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

ExtraHop's technology is world class. Has evolved into a new and exciting space, IT Operations Analytics. The ability to mine wire data for tremendous insights to improve application, infrastructure, network and transactional level performance is big. But the technology is starting to be applied toward security insights as well as business performance. It's really a rich set of capabilities that the market has never... seen before. The senior exec team is world class and proven, there has been very little to no turnover and our growth is impressive. Engineers, sales, marketing, support, etc. are all motivated and excited. Very collaborative environment across all departments. Very little to no silo behavior.

Cons

Normal growing pains. If you can't work in a fast-paced environment and take on a lot of responsibilities this might not be the place for you. If you're seeking an opportunity to grow your career while growing the next major systems company in Seattle you'll definitely love it here. Our developers say that at larger companies they only work on a bit of of the product, here you get your hands in everything.

ExtraHop Networks2013-09-06