Exxact Express Reviews | Glassdoor

Joe Kedzuf

1. "ok place to work"

Former Employee - Logistics Manager in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Logistics Manager in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Exxact Express (More than a year)

Pros

Great team of people to work with.

Cons

Poor exectutive decisions and too many managers involved.

Advice to Management

Keep owner off operations floor.

2. "Not a good company overall"

I worked at Exxact Express full-time

Pros

Exxact takes those with little to no experience before hiring. Some employees are a joy to be around. Occasionally they have free lunch for all.

Cons

Upper management constantly threatens firing to all. The turnover is unlike anything I've seen before. Everyone is constantly worried about being fired, thus no job security. Political views are constantly pushed. I was overworked and underpaid. The pay wasn't worth my time!!

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect. Kindness goes along way and then you won't need to threaten to get good results.

3. "Dont waste your time"

I worked at Exxact Express full-time

Pros

Some of the workers are great to work with

Cons

All about "Their" money. Try to say family oriented, yea they are as most of the family works there, but you are just a number to them. Never feel that your job is safe, or get noticed when you do a great job. Do not care about office staff, no bonus as promised. But being a driver you get all kinds of bonuses. Then they quit as they say the company treats them bad and wait hours or days and no loads. 12 drivers quit in one day. What does that tell you. No job security.

Advice to Management

This is where the overhaul should be.

5. "Poor management"

Former Employee - Driver Manager in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Driver Manager in Lakeland, FL

Pros

Good pay and a decent work environment

Cons

Poor management, lack of organization

Advice to Management

Get new management

6. "its not a good place to drive for"

Former Employee - Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Driver in Atlanta, GA

Pros

it not all bad there some good fok thar , i was there well not long but it didton take long tha dont care abut there drivers at all but tha say tha do ,o well im not going back

Cons

shop is bad bad bad

Advice to Management

do some thing with that shop and you be OK. is not hard to do just do it.
    and thin it well be a good place to drive for

"Horrible! If you're smart don't give this company another thought."

Former Employee - CSR in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - CSR in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Exxact Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent starting pay. 8-5 M-F positions. Decent coffee and an occasional free lunch.

Cons

Hard work gets you no where with this company. I didn't meet one person that enjoyed their position. Very Sad!

Advice to Management

Proper training might be your first clue. The MOST unprofessional company and mgrs I've ever worked under. No direction period! The owner should invest in proper mgmt courses for the people he puts in those positions instead of a bunch of "yes men". Teach your Sr employees to own up to their mistakes instead of throwing new comers under the bus.

"The worst company I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Accounting in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Accounting in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Exxact Express full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the co workers are nice....others have been at Exxact too long to know what being nice means.

Cons

Expect to do the job of 3 people, and do it perfectly. Always must keep your head down if you don't want to be pulled into the conference room on Friday and lose your job. The health insurance is extremely high...don't even think about putting a spouse on it. The management consists of all men except for 1 woman who has been there for 15 years. The men who manage the employees are allowed to treat and speak to the employees any way that they see fit and there are no repercussions, unless the owner taking the manager out to lunch or golf for the day is punishment. Christmas parties consist of the employees decorating the office from 5-6 pm without pay for a judging contest, bringing in their own food and the party lasts about an hour while you are working, but that is considered your lunch break. They will not pay the women close to what they pay the men. You will be there after 5, but don't expect pay for it, unless it's a holiday week and you can get all of the straight time hours you want. Don't get sick, or you are gone...but with a different excuse for letting you go. The owner walks around clapping all day (as if that's helping you to do your job). If you can handle being thrown under the bus for mistakes that you didn't make, than this is the place for you. If you are looking for a decent job, this is not the place and I would run as fast as you can if they call you. There is no HR department to file any complaints, there is a controller who is considered HR, but don't go to him because if you complain or bring up any issues you will lose your job guaranteed. This company is big enough for FMLA, but will not use it, tells the employee to get the paperwork from the government, but be prepared to lose your job if FMLA is brought up.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect, and if they come to you with a problem...try to resolve it, don't just tell them "Oh well, that's just the way it is"

"You get what you put in. Slackers/time wasters need not apply."

Former Employee - Dispatcher/Driver Manager in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Dispatcher/Driver Manager in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Exxact Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that have said negative things about this company are misguided. You get what you put into this company. This isn't your typical M-F 8-5 job where you punch in, eat lunch, and punch out. You actually have to put for an effort but it is rewarding.

I have seen people come in with no trucking experience and were let go because they couldn't grasp the simple concepts about trucking/logistics. While that is not a slight against that person, they are foolish to come onto this site and post negative reviews about this company simply because they could not do the work.

I have also seen people who had experience but did not come to work to work. They came to sit at a desk and collect a paycheck. Just "getting by" is not the way to go about your lives.

The owner of the company is very progressive-minded and is a results-oriented person so of course if you don't produce then you won't last long. He gives you his best so he expects his best in return.

I worked at Exxact for 2 years without issue, but I also worked by butt off and I didn't slack. If I was asked a question I had an answer and if I was tasked with doing something I did it.

Cons

When I worked there, parking was a pain in the butt. Some of us had to park across a semi-busy street and it was not fun to go to and from work.

10. "Train to train your replacement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Exxact Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great starting salary, fair gift cards given out at christmas parties.

Cons

The owner of the company is a real control freak, to everyone from his employees to his spouse. I worked for this company for more than a year and half and after I was nolonger able to give them the answers they wanted to hear, I was let go because the company was heading in a new direction. As long as you bring to the table ideas or procedures from your past employers you are ok, but once someone new comes into the company you are out.

Advice to Management

When hiring new employees please make sure they do not have any morals, those are the only ones that last with the company.

11. "Rewarding Company - You get what you put in."

Current Employee - Logistics Manager in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Logistics Manager in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Exxact Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely competitive starting pay and good benefits. Also being a mid-sized, family owned business Exxact is able to be very flexible with both associate and customer needs. Senior management will work right beside the associates booking trucks and getting freight from customers.

Cons

There are not many cons that I can immediately think of.

Advice to Management

I love the passion and driive that Senior Management has toward what we do. Keep up the intensity.