Eye Care for Animals Reviews | Glassdoor

Karen Webster

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "HR"

I worked at Eye Care for Animals full-time

Pros

Great corporate culture, luncheons every month.

Cons

Crazy work load. No room to grow.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees fair, based on how much work they do.

2. "Registered Veterinary Technician"

Former Employee - Registered Veterinary Technician in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Registered Veterinary Technician in Irvine, CA

I worked at Eye Care for Animals full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent wages. Fairly good work/life balance. Many clinics are teaching clinics which means you get to learn along with and help train residents in their program. I loved what I did at this clinic as the technicians were fully utilised.

Cons

The bottom line is the focus of this company. They are managed by an outside company (Clearview Veterinary Systems) which has helped create an environment that focuses more on the almighty dollar rather than the well being of employees or patients. I worked in a clinic that has an abusive doctor who is disrespectful to the staff as well as the clientele. Nothing is thought of calling the staff demeaning names or throwing needles and instruments. Even the owner wouldn't think of releasing him because he brings in the dollars. This is all to the detriment of the staff, decreasing their sense of self-worth. Every day was a struggle to appease this person and try to avoid his wrath.

Advice to Management

Value your support staff. Without them, the doctors can't do their jobs well. If outside management is desired, send someone to spend some extended time at each clinic to get a feel for the working environment that the staff is subjected to. Doctors are not gods.

3. "Horrible coworker"

Current Employee - CCR in Wheeling, IL
    Current Employee - CCR in Wheeling, IL

I have been working at Eye Care for Animals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours, holidays off, company pays for lunch sometimes

Cons

HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT. So I'm taking this time to vent, because I felt my concerns were never heard or supported.
    The older, heavy set CCR is a nightmare. She's been there for 100 years and another employee in the past had issues with her and left! She has an incredible attitude problem, but will only take it out on you. She wants to be the big dog on campus and will do anything in her power to make you look bad, especially with clients. My concerns for being constantly bullied by her were never taken seriously by my direct supervisors, yet they always had her back. UNFAIR
    Other than that, there are no raises, insurance plans are a joke. Admin makes it very difficult to advance. This company only cares about the money, not about their employees. The turn-over rate is ridiculous. I would not recommend this company to any one looking for a place to work.

Advice to Management

LISTEN. TAKE ACTION. CARE ABOUT EMPLOYEES.
    They say people who feel appreciated will do more than what is asked of them. Keep that in mind.

4. "LVT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Eye Care for Animals (More than 3 years)

Pros

ways to increase you pay

Cons

very corporate and strict with no room to budge

"Not what it seems"

Current Freelancer - Licensed Veterinary Technician
    Current Freelancer - Licensed Veterinary Technician

I have been working at Eye Care for Animals (Less than a year)

Pros

Eye care for animals provides wonderful services in the field of veterinary opthalmology. They do great things for the animals in their care. Working for a corporation such as this, there is a somewhat higher pay wage compared to private practice, good benefits and the supposed support of the administration. There are also multiple locations

Cons

The downside is working for a corporation. While it seems as if they are "on your side," their decisions appear to solely business decisions whereas if a simliar situation happened in private practice, the decisions would more likely be based on the best interest of both the employer AND the employee. I was full time and well trained, good at my job. However, I suffered an injury at home that put me off of my feet for over a month. Rather than try to give me light duty or try to accomodate my needs, they decided to replace me. There were no options given to me at all besides the fact that they changed me from FT to 'seasonal' and ended all of my benefits including health care.

Advice to Management

Be supportive of your employees. The employees are what makes the business function. You cannot just replace a body with a body unless you don't care about the people involved and don't care about how good of a job they do. If you have someone with a professional license and credentials that put them at the top of their field, like me, you do everything you can to accomodate them and keep them on board....not replace them without hesitation. You have to treat people like they matter. Not everything is a financial business decision.

"Ok place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Eye Care for Animals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Offers a good life work balance

Cons

No advancement opportunities, rarely offer raises, bonuses, etc.

Advice to Management

Stay connected with your employees and offer more career advancement opportunities including education, promotions and financial recognition.

7. "An excellent "training" job"

I have been working at Eye Care for Animals full-time

Pros

Plenty of hands-on experience & a tight knit office(s) with plenty of people available to provide guidance and help. Excellent company values.

Cons

The pay scale just barely meets minimum for national average, and sometime less. They don't pay based on experience. The health insurance is horrible.

"Animals come first"

Pros

Best reasons to work at this company would be to play with the dogs and cats that come through the door.

Cons

Admin is full of hypocrisy and poor attitudes. There is a noticeable difference in attitudes between the executive members and the rest of the workforce. I was never given feedback on my performance and was never properly trained to perform my job. I know this sounds like I'm griping but one of the workers there reportedly committed suicide and the management offered no support to the rest of the team other than call the EAP hotline. Go figure. I am very glad that I left.

Advice to Management

Treat all your employees with respect regardless of their job title.