Eye Center Of Northern Colorado Reviews | Glassdoor

Eye Center Of Northern Colorado Reviews

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matthew Robinson

1. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Optical Manager in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Optical Manager in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

I've been with the Eye Center of Northern Colorado for over 5 years now. I started as an optician and worked my way to the management team in that time. I completely love working for the Eye Center. The benefits are fantastic and my fellow managers are great people to work with as are the employees that work under us. I strongly feel that the reason the Eye Center keeps it's employees for so long is because the environment, the benefits, and the amount of care that our owners and administrator show to their employees cannot be found anywhere but at The Eye Center of Northern Colorado

Cons

We have a very high paced optical department and we often feel understaffed because of the high flow of patients that come to be fitted for glasses.

Advice to Management

Keep up the strong level of care that you have for your employees and continue to have those summer parties and employee appreciation days to continue to boost team moral.

2. "Extremely rewarding employment opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Eye Center Of Northern Colorado full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I started with the company in an entry level position. I was given a lot of support by my manager. I learned so much from her. Not only about the tasks I was responsible for completing, but also work ethic and compassion for patients. She is the type of manager that will jump in the trenches with her staff to get things done. I have moved up within the company due to my work ethic and learning opportunities that I have taken advantage of. I have been very lucky to work in a place that management notices effort and is eager to support it. The company offers so many growth opportunities to staff that are willing to put in the effort to learn more and who bring their "A" game to work every day. I am amazed on a daily basis by my co-workers. Almost every one here works so hard and I thoroughly enjoy watching how well they interact with the patients. I also want to say that I have very high expectations of those that supervise me. Those that run this company (the Administrator and Physicians) are so fair and ethical. I am always treated with respect and I know that I can bring any issue to them and they will help me work it through.

Cons

The practice has grown so much that we do not have the space to accomplish everything we are trying to accomplish. Rumor has it that we are going to add another clinic to support our growth. That will be wonderful for the staff and patients. We may even be able to solve some of the parking issues that way.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your staff with encouragement and mentoring. Continue to jump in and help them when you see they need some extra help during the day. Staff will appreciate the help and respect your efforts. Always remember that staff is looking to you to lead by example.

3. "Don't go there!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Eye Center Of Northern Colorado full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Really? The best people left, leaving the ones that are easily directed with a little experience.
    Some exceptions.

Cons

Poor, very poor management! authoritarism is the rule.

Advice to Management

That's funny! What management?

Eye Center Of Northern Colorado Response

Jun 11, 2014 – Practice Administrator

Thank you for your opinion, however, I can't help but disagree. The best people have certainly not left the Eye Center. We take great pride in the quality and longevity of our staff. There are ... More

"This place is a complete Mess....Negative..........."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Eye Center Of Northern Colorado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many. If you enjoy working with patients. Some of the doctors are really nice and they care. Hours are not to bad. Sometimes you have to stay late, but that's ok. A few loyal people.

Cons

Push to get as many patients in and out. People not qualified to do the work. They always have ads for work because people dont stay. Turn over is bad. Co-workers are lazy, rude, and think they are better than you. Most dont know what they are doing. Stand around all day. No team support. No one wants to bust a grape at this place. The ones that have stayed are friends with upper management...which is also a JOKE. I can name names but wont. Everyone backstabs. I can compare it to grade school. Also, if you are attractive...they will run you out. The attitudes of people at this place is so childish. I saw alot of things going on that should not have. I went to....wont say the name....and he did nothing. They say you can move around after one year...but they wouldnt let me...They said we need you to stay where you are at. 6 months later they still did nothing.Some people did nothing all day. So be careful of this place. There is a reason why the turn over is so high...No parking. Have to walk from school or park. In ice and cold it was dangerous. They didnt tell me this until my first day...parking buddy. LOL. I really cant find anything good to say about this place...made a few friends..who also left. Love working with patients. Thats all.

Advice to Management

Get rid of lazy people, and reward the ones who work. Have classes on TEAM work and cross train people. Don't favor certain people because they buy you lunch or bring you in a starbucks. I mean Really? The worst place I have ever worked. You can say what you want but.. I worked hard at this place while others stood around eating. Why are people leaving???????? I know why. Management is a JOKE. I can list about 12 people who are at this place and still will be in years to come because they hang out with certain people. Sweep the floor and get some good people in this place. Its a hostile, negative place. Its all about gossip, food, and who is better than who.

Eye Center Of Northern Colorado Response

Jan 21, 2014 – Practice Administrator

The first thing I'll say is that any employee can take any issues to either their supervisor, HR, the administrator or a doctor. Departing employees can complete an exit interview. Anonymously ... More

6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Department Manager in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Eye Center Of Northern Colorado full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Caring, ethical and compassionate doctors. Excellent surgery center with amazing nurses. Pay is reasonable and benefits are excellent. Employees are top-notch. I have worked for several medical offices in my career and this is by far the best. I would recommend it to anyone, both patients and employees.

Cons

We have outgrown our current main location. Parking is a problem for patients quite frequently.

Advice to Management

Be quicker to act on issues and employee concerns.

"Managed by uneducated inexperienced people that do not know what they are doing."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Eye Center Of Northern Colorado full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you have a true emergency related to the eye the doctors are capable of good work.

Cons

The doctors turn a blind eye to just how badly managed this place is. The managers are high school educated and not the top of the class. Prior managers were all college educated or higher, the current practice manager thinks that "World Class" health care can be given by managers that have never been mangers before and barely made the GED passing mark. If you look at the other reviews you will see that there is a lot of employee drama here in regards to work environment and with management. The positive reviews you see here were written by the practice manager to make the eye center look like it is not such a bad place to work. I am a current employee and have been here for 7 years and I have seen enough to convince me that I need to leave and work for a company that really cares about patients and employees.

Advice to Management

The doctors need to wake up and take control of how their business is being managed and not just come to clinic do the doctor thing and go home. It seems as long as they get paid they don't care how bad a place this is to work in.

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

Excellent doctors. Staff committed to patient care. Ambulatory surgery center is top-notch. Pay is good and benefits are great. Employees are listened to and suggestions taken seriously. I have worked in other medical offices and this is by far the best. Very successful business.

Cons

As with any company, some employees are there to work and work hard while others are not. But the majority are committed to doing the best job they can. Employee parking is the worst thing about working there!

"Feel like you are still in high school"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

Some teams are excellent, others have a long way to go.

Cons

Transforming in a bureaucratic company, poor performance on team and quality control

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to people, not only on statistics and numbers

10. "Very good and strange"

Pros

Patients, Doctors are great. Nice coworkers.

Cons

Pay better, don't schedule so many patients they don't feel cared for, can't find parking, etc.

"Previous employee"

Pros

I truly enjoyed working at ECNC for about four years. During this time, I would like to think that I gained a great deal of ophthalmic experience. If I had not moved out of the area, I would still work here. Additionally, I had the opportunity to work with some of the best surgeons/physicians and technicians in Colorado. This office is very large and therefore they were able to provide the most up to date technology available for patients. Also, the individuals who are complaining about the management or being treated unfairly would most likely complain regardless of the circumstances. This office is by far the best ophthalmology practice in Northern Colorado!

Cons

Ophthalmic technician pay at this office is considerably lower than the rest of Colorado. However, I think the entire area does not offer competitive pay compared to the rest of Colorado. Many employees that I worked with, including myself, often struggled to make ends meet. This was especially challenging for single parents.