EyeMed Vision Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Garland Gunter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Customer Service and very Patient"

I have been working at EyeMed Vision Care full-time

Pros

no strings attached. it was so difficult to claim from my previous medical insurance company and they never paid us. But with eye med, no strings attached. Customer service is quick. Had to call multiple people for lost and unclaimed checks. They patiently resend those checks twice again. All the customer service representatives are professional, patient, knowledgeable. They are fair and they don't try to cheat on our benefits. Easy to reach, not many automated transfer options.

Cons

nothing I have seen so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Claims Processor in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Claims Processor in Mason, OH

I have been working at EyeMed Vision Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly staff and management. Supervisors don't micromanage and are approachable. Fun and casual corporate culture.

Cons

Lots of internal competition, difficult to get promoted. I am the most educated person on my team but I have been stuck at my entry level position for two years.

Advice to Management

Reward your hardworking and qualified employees. Facilitate career growth and promotions.

3. "Great company and good people."

Pros

People were very friendly and good management.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

4. "Great Experience"

I have been working at EyeMed Vision Care full-time

Pros

Great people, great growth potential, awesome work environment. The Luxottica campus in general is very impressive and Mason is a great little suburban town.

Cons

None really to speak of, it truly is an awesome work environment. I would sincerely recommend it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I haven't met a single employee who didn't love working there and I can't imagine there are many other companies in this line of work that can say the same - a true testament to the quality.

5. "Insurance run like a retail shop"

Current Employee - Operations in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Operations in Mason, OH

I have been working at EyeMed Vision Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most departments are very diverse. Opportunities to work with excellent OneSight charity. Many caring and dedicated coworkers. Lots of chances to work on new projects.

Cons

Management and sales are best paid and get the perks, but are the least diverse and have a real frat boy-sorority girl atmosphere. Sales drives all decisions resulting in some crazy workarounds for everyone else.

Advice to Management

Don't sell stuff if you don't know how it works. Faking it and hoping people don't notice doesn't work.

"Mix of good and bad"

I have been working at EyeMed Vision Care full-time

Pros

Company committed to providing great service to its members; great product; great people

Cons

Continual reorganizations; bureaucratic; employees not empowered; failure to walk the talk

7. "Good place to work, used to be great"

Pros

Exciting, fast-growing company, good pay for delivering. Most managers allow limited remote flexibility. Lots of opportunities to to move or advance.

Cons

Culture used to be very collaborative, now a "what's in it for me" culture. Only certain groups get needed resources. If you are part of those groups and deliver, things are great. If not, it's a struggle.

Advice to Management

Try not to do everything at once. Resources are slim to begin with - can't afford to head down rabbit holes only to change direction.

8. "Learning and Development Manager"

Former Employee - Learning & Development Manager in Milford, OH
    Former Employee - Learning & Development Manager in Milford, OH

I worked at EyeMed Vision Care (Less than a year)

Pros

great benefits and company to work for

Cons

leadership lacking with no support

"EyeMed is a great company that has a lot to offer. Many avenues for your career to grow."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

Pros

Individual time with your manager monthly to review your successes and areas to improve, project assignments from managers to help you gain more high-level experience. great benefits and pay, flexibility, with a reasonable salary/compensation. discount programs offered through the company and wonder people to work with.

Cons

No complaints! Lucky to work here!

Advice to Management

The message you deliver to your employees on EyeMed's vision is awesome - what we can offer, where we are going, and what we have accomplished. It's extremely exciting and motivating.

"EyeMed is a growing company and financially sound with strong leadership."

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at EyeMed Vision Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sense of community and culture of "giving back". Company provides fun experiences for employees on a regular basis. Sunglass sales occurs several times per year to benefit the OneSight Foundation and you can always find at least one great deal. Good benefits.

Cons

Company Leadership says they are transparent but not always. Individual business units don't always communicate with each other well, so often times duplication of efforts or conflicting efforts.

Advice to Management

Develop better mentors from your leadership teams.