Eyemart Express Reviews

Updated Apr 19, 2021

3.3
Eyemart Express CEO Michael Bender (no image)
Michael Bender
Pros
  • "Cool benefits like free glasses(in 9 reviews)

• "The doctor is fantastic and the frame selection varies from(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The manager was a tyrant and upper management didn't seem to have an issue with her style of motivation(in 18 reviews)

• "Long hours and could get really busy at times(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Eyemart Express and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Apr 1, 2021 - Retail Optician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid holidays, pto, low pressure sales, incentives

Cons

Communication with corporate could improve

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

GM is a joke and pervert

Mar 28, 2021 - Lab Technician in Las Cruces, NM
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was a job for a point of time

Cons

GM is a basic joke. Does not know the ins and outs of the operation. Pushes well working employees out the door. Revolving door mentality from GM. Everyone is replaceable. Lab employees worked the hardest and compensated the lowest. Machinery is always breaking down. GM worries more about saving than repairing machinery to work properly and efficiently, effectively for bigger payout bonuses at years end. DLMs are aware of employee problems but refuse to create waves and disturbances within management to properly correct problems. You are clocked out early to help management close out payroll if running behind. GM is gone for multiple hours at a time. Lab is suppose to run short staffed when overloaded with jobs. In turn creating customer/business relationships. GM mentality is they are they boss so what they do unlawfully/unethically is ok because they are the boss. GM has flirtatious/demeaning attitude with females. Call names are given for each female worker. GM looses control of his anger and throws objects in lab and excuses it as being excited. I would not recommend my worst enemy let alone my friends. Worst location ran. Company as a whole has a standing chance. Thank you for the opportunity the company has given me.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Meh

Apr 19, 2021 - Lab Technician in Cedar Park, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work if you like doing the same things every day/working with your hands. If you enjoy challenges that come in every day at a fast pace, this job doth provide.

Cons

Management is poor on nearly every level. Pay is often insufficient for the amount of work done, especially when it comes to the incentives received on top of your base pay. Training is spotty/inconsistent, much like the company's policies. If you get lucky with a good store manager, it can be tolerable. Otherwise, pay + workload = not worth it.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great patients

Apr 15, 2021 - Apprentice Optician in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incentives, PTO, free eyewear and interacting with customers

Cons

Retail hours, on your feet all day

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

IT

Apr 15, 2021 - IT Analyst I
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment to establish fundamentals.

Cons

growth opportunity within IT is limited.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

I had a blast at my time with EyeMart

Feb 1, 2021 - Lead Lab Technician in Moline, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is large but it feels like you actually know everyone. It doesn't take much to get the recognition you're looking for and I think they're a fair decent group to work for. I miss them terribly.

Cons

As for most employers I think that your management makes a huge difference. Things are a little gray in that area and I'm only speaking on personal experience. So it should be taken with a grain of salt. I think that maybe when training management there should be a little more corporate training or involvement. It seems like most managers that aren't seasoned are incredibly confused or ill-prepared for the tasks at hand.

Eyemart Express Response

HR Business Partner

This feedback is great and we really appreciate your insight. We are always looking to fine-tune our management and development programs and want to make sure Managers feel as though they are set-up for success and provided the tools and support needed to make a difference and an impact with their teams. It’s true what you mention about feeling like you work for a small, family company! It truly is a special place to be!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Decent perks

Mar 31, 2021 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Closed on Sundays good perk

Cons

Lower pay for high demands

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Mistreated

Mar 26, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate in Pella, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The opportunity to work with people Learn about the optical field

Cons

Discriminated Mistreated Punished for standing up Work of clock Terminated for seeking help from HR HR to busy to listen or investigate Corporate demanding you follow commands and get passed being mistreated Poor incentives Poor discounts Poor communication from the corporate Poor training, pushed into work to just make money for company.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

It's okay

Apr 19, 2021 - Optician in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Didn't enjoy working there too much

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Mar 3, 2021 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Home office cares about the employees as much as the customers. Often asked our input since we are out in the field.

Cons

Raises get lower every year.

Eyemart Express Response

HR Business Partner

Thank you for this feedback and for your years of service with Eyemart Express. Please keep providing suggestions on ways we can continue to improve and support our associates. Regarding raises – we are on a mission to make this better! 2020 was a weird year, but we plan to get back on track this year and for years to come.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 202 Reviews