Eze Software Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Eze Software CEO Jeffrey Shoreman
Jeffrey Shoreman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good Employee Welfare - Work life balance, Health Month, Healthy refreshments etc (in 16 reviews)

• Great place to start a career in financial markets and technology (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Struggle to maintain work/life balance (in 31 reviews)

• long hours, not the best work/life balance (in 24 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Very good company to work for. They pay attention to all the little details which makes the employee culture so great. Work can be challenging and everyone seems willing to help one another out.

Cons

My department is currently spread thin, but they are working on filling the position.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Very happy I found Eze"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Boston, MA

Pros

I'm very happy I found Eze. I love the company culture, it's very high energy and focused on not becoming too stuffy or "corporate giant". There is a ton to learn, and everyday I'm learning something new. The people are smart and motivated, and there's definitely a good social mix. It's also a fast paced industry, and Eze is growing, which opens up lots of opportunities for employees. I'm happy I found a growing company that cares about it's employees, and where I don't just feel like one amongst thousands.

Cons

It's definitely challenging. I like it because I never get bored, but this is not your 9-5 clock in/clock out type of workplace. You have to work hard for your rewards, but if you do well, you get very generously rewarded.

Advice to Management

I appreciate that Eze management understands how creating a positive company culture really impacts employees' motivation and general satisfaction with the company. They do a good job at transparency within the company. I hope they keep it up.

3. "Eze Castle Software is a great place to start your career and develop a number of skills"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Eze Castle has a great culture that puts the employee first. It allows you to develop a number of skills and to apply them in areas of your interest.

Cons

Eze Castle demands a lot of our its employees which can be a deterrent to some. However, Eze compensates its people well and provides a good working atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve processes that will support the fast growth the company is currently experiencing. Make sure the company culture does not get lost.

4. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

Pros

Unique talented individuals work here

Cons

Young culture with no work life balance

Advice to Management

Don't lose the small company feel as you grow

5. "Great Place for Growth!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

- Ton of opportunity for career/personal development
    - Great exposure to technology and the investments industry
    - Challenging environment

Cons

- A lot of work, you have go above and beyond, very good career experience

Advice to Management

Keep showing interest in your employees, it is important!

6. "Eze is like a dot-com that knew when to grow up just enough"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Eze is a true meritocracy; smart, down-to-earth, friendly people are the norm; there's a real emphasis on work hard / play hard; getting the job done is still more important than putting a cover sheet on your TPS reports. It's all-around a fantastic place to work.

Cons

The merger with ConvergEx, while a great idea on paper, is slowly but surely undermining Eze culture, in the New York office especially. Eze is a great company with one of the best management teams around; ConvergEx is the exact opposite. It's 20 years behind the times, out of step with modern realities, and full of hierarchy-conscious apple polishers who advance on time served instead of any real merit.

Advice to Management

Get out of ConvergEx as soon as possible. The business benefit is not enough to compensate for the insidious influence of bureaucratic bank culture.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture - lots of employee led initiatives e.g. charity events, Halloween party for kids, etc..
    the company cares about employees getting trained.
    People get recognized for their hard work and achievements.

Cons

Lots of pressure to release products.
    Feels like deja vu all over again for each patch release. An aggressive date will be set and due to the nature of the software development life cycle and emphasis on quality, bugs will be found and will push the release dates.

"Endless Opportunity"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to engage with high-profile clients and work on interesting projects. If you put the effort in they will reward you, both financially and with additional opportunities.

Cons

Sometimes it's too much like a help desk. Even if you're assigned tough/interesting/high profile clients, you also have to work with the smaller, less interesting ones as well. The company is growing, but not as fast as employees are learning and getting experience, so there is somewhat of a log-jam of talent with about 3-5 years of experience.

Advice to Management

Creatively find ways to engage tallented employees so they do not get sick of dealing with the same tasks continuously.

"Great place to build a career in Fin Tech!"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Eze truly is a place that rewards hard work. Talented people from different academic backgrounds are hired into entry level positions and given an opportunity to thrive and grow in a meritocratic environment. The Leadership Development Program combines an entry level position, where you are immediately a contributor, and "on the job" training/knowledge-building designed to prepare new hires to be promoted to a Business Consultant position at one of 5 domestic offices (Boston, NYC, SF, CT, Chicago).

The Business Consultant position is an amazing opportunity to work directly with high profile hedge funds, traditional asset managers, banks, etc. You become the face of Eze Castle and are responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with client contacts. You get to support and manage production environments and projects for existing accounts but are also given the opportunity to implement Eze's software platform from scratch at new clients. The role not only gives you amazing exposure within the company, which can open doors for additional upward mobility within Eze, but it also provides incredible exposure to the financial services industry as a whole.

Overall, Eze is a dynamic work environment, where your day-to-day is always changing. The focus is on teamwork and it is very easy to develop great work relationships with your colleagues as well as long lasting friendships with co-workers. There are also great "small company" type perks like beer on Friday afternoons, a sponsered league basketball team, and sponsored external certifications like the Series 7.

Cons

You will be challenged here. Dedication and engagement in the work are vital for success and those looking for a 9-5 "punch in-punch out" type of job will be undoubtedly dissapointed.

It can also be a stressful environment at times, particularly when working on hot production issues for clients.

"Fantastic first job!"

Current Employee - Connectivity Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Connectivity Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Eze Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great first job out of school. The leadership program has solid training. Managers are available at all times and our one-on-one meetings every other week are great for making sure my progress is on track. The program moves quickly and there is alot to learn but that is exactly what I was looking for.

The culture is fantastic. Everyone is smart and driven and I really enjoy my team.

Cons

The rotations through the different teams are key to the program but it would be nice to know farther ahead of time when exactly the next rotation will be and to what team.