F.H. Furr Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Remodeling Consultant"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Manassas, VA

I have been working at F.H. Furr full-time

Pros

By providing a positive and supportive work atmosphere, staffed with expert technicians, comfort consultants and an extensive network of support staff, F.H. Furr ensures company and employee success. Give the depth and breadth of expertise within the company there are always resources and support available for successful job completion - regardless of job complexity.

Cons

With a work force exceeding well over 200 employees, the majority whom are, mobile it can be difficult to establish connections and relationships with coworkers.

2. "GREAT COMPANY!!!"

I have been working at F.H. Furr full-time

Pros

Family owned which allows the company to do what is best for its employees
    Open door policy, welcomes feedback and strives to rectify issues
    Local, involved in the communities we service
    Part of a team that wants to build the company to greater heights

Cons

Need sufficient tools that can make job more efficient

Advice to Management

Would like to see more team building and teamwork across all departments

3. "This Is Just The Beginning"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manassas, VA

I have been working at F.H. Furr full-time

Pros

I've only just started very recently, but I have a pretty good idea of what I'm dealing with. Honestly, before applying for this position, I checked out Glassdoor myself to decide whether or not this was a company I wanted to pursue. And I was blown away by the good things said by both previous and current employees.

Management is so friendly, outgoing and understanding. I was unable to be here at my scheduled time for the first few days due because of my children and being a single mother. Thanks to upper management being understanding of my situation, I was given a few days time to make some adjustments and was off in time to be home for my kids. Because of that, I was able to arrange pick-up and drop-off for my kids in my absence. I've worked with several businesses, small, family owned and upscale corporate types. None were even remotely understanding, at least no compared to here.

Family friendly working environments is where people like myself need to be, and that is exactly what I've found. My coworkers are wonderful, the training (although incomplete as of now) is extensive and thorough and I don't feel the least bit afraid because I know I'm going to be good at what I do before I'm even doing it.

The compensation is way more than fair, the benefits available after your initial 60 days are INCREDIBLE, and the all around job security and advancement opportunities leaves me feeling confident that I will not have to add F.H. Furr to my resume.

Cons

Long work hours, but I know that can be changed up the road.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing.

"A great and secure place to work"

Current Employee - Comfort Consultant in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Comfort Consultant in Manassas, VA

I have been working at F.H. Furr full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

One of the best parts about working at FH Furr is how it is a very secure and caring place to work. After 14 years of working at FH Furr it is nice to know that the company genuinely cares about their employees. They have always been there for me and my family and have really changed our lives. I feel that I have a home at FH Furr.

Cons

The days are very long

Advice to Management

It would be nice if we could improve communication.

Mar 21, 2017 – Director of Recruiting and Human Resources

Thanks for taking some time to leave us some feedback! It's very encouraging to see your perception of F.H. Furr. Very nice to hear that the company has changed your life as well as your family's... More

5. "You're paid what you get for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

I have been working at F.H. Furr full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

What do you get paid for? If you put in here, (please don't apply for employment here if you're adverse to diversity, lazy, or stricken with misconceptions of entitlement). Cuz I got better things to do than waste my time attempting to train you if the former applies) you get paid more than fairly. Do me a favor and don't bother applying if you're not honest with yourself. This company is led by honest, experienced, formally educated folks who keenly realize that the organization's success is based on the employee's success and well being. Commonly perceived success while relishing in federal employment is not equivalent to success here, and politics are not spoken. The company also realizes that if they don't know the answer to an issue, they will humbly invest in consultation for the betterment of the company which is composed of the employees..all the way from the VP to the much appreciated Janitor, and all in between. Customers often ask me "so how long you been with Furr?" I often reply "they've been with me"

Cons

If you don't like to commit to yourself, your family, and an organization that makes for a happy life in a three way street which merges into a roundabout, then I suppose you'll have cons about working here, or you'll redefine happiness.

Advice to Management

Thanks for understanding that today's customer and equipment diagnostic procedures are not the same as yesteryear and thanks for the adjustment on how people are spoken to (especially the younger folks) as they are slowly replacing the older folks per the normal course.

6. "F.H.Furr"

Current Employee - Management in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Management in Manassas, VA

I have been working at F.H. Furr full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family oriented
    Flexible
    Great Benefits and Pay
    Friendly Management

Cons

Sometimes feels a little micromanaged

Mar 22, 2017 – Director of Recruiting and Human Resources

Thanks for taking a minute to leave us some feedback. All the positive aspects you mentioned are spot on and we appreciate you mentioning those. As far as feeling micromanaged, I see that you work... More

7. "Best Company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - HVAC Technician in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - HVAC Technician in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at F.H. Furr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, best pay, entire staff is great and loving. Might be a big company but there still family owned and make sure to take care of you like so. They don't run you like a dog, even tho there is always plenary of work for everyone! Never need to worry about too much downtime. This company is amazing, probably why everyone who joins the company stays. Think about that!

Cons

honestly the only flaw I've come across is the program used to creat tickets. Too time consuming for my taste. Possibly just user error. Other than that this company honestly is "absolutely the best" they strive for that and have surely achieved it in my eyes and many thousands.

Advice to Management

Can you guys even get any better?
    Only thing I'd ask is having the ability to add a trip charge for calls over an hour drive, or have it automatically put in through dispatch. Some of us hate asking.

Mar 22, 2017 – Director of Recruiting and Human Resources

I appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback! Glad to hear that you like the benefits and the compensation. It's also good to hear how you feel about our staff and the fact that we are... More

8. "Great place to work."

I have been working at F.H. Furr full-time

Pros

Family oriented company. Unlimited growth and career opportunities. On-going training.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time

Mar 21, 2017 – Director of Recruiting and Human Resources

Thanks for the 5 star rating! It seems like you're pretty happy with your employment which is great to hear. Glad you didn't have any cons to list at this time. Hope you'll let us know if you... More

9. "Absolutely the Best company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

I have been working at F.H. Furr full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive environment, weekly trainings, job specific training, caring management/team leaders, teamwork is a focus, excellent benefits and involvement from all within the company.

Cons

The only "con" is that the industry is in high demand in different seasons so there are weeks/months that hours can be long but it is not without planning with everyone for this high demand.

Advice to Management

Being "Absolutely the Best" and this being the central focus within each division at Furr will continue to keep FH Furr at the top within the industry.

Mar 27, 2017 – Director of Recruiting and Human Resources

Wow! Really glad to see all the positive aspects of your employment that you've mentioned here. I think all of those areas are things that we do pretty well in. We are definitely a... More

10. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Sales/Customer Service in Manassas, VA

I have been working at F.H. Furr full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I haven't worked here long but I know it's a place I want to stay. HR and management are one of a kind, they've done everything to accommodate my needs as my schedule often needs to be changed due to having small children. My coworkers are friendly and always willing to help, I definitely feel part of the group.

Cons

The pay could be better but there's always overtime available and bonuses after a certain amount of time. Other than that none I have experienced.

Advice to Management

None. I think they're doing a great job.

Mar 14, 2017 – Director of Recruiting and Human Resources

Thanks a lot for the great review! Always great to hear that an employee wants to be here long-term. That's always our goal as well. I'm happy to hear that you feel a part of the group too. We're... More