F.N.B. Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
F.N.B. Corporation President; CEO, First National Bank Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.
Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.

Pros
  • FNB is a rapidly growing company that still has a small bank feel (in 4 reviews)

• Good working conditions, great people, pretty good benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is unheard of (in 3 reviews)

• Retail branch staffing is very limited, which impacts customer service and the ability to reach sales goals (in 3 reviews)

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time

Pros

The commercial bank mirrors a community bank structure, which is incredibly competitive in market. Due to rapid growth, there are many advancement opportunities.

Cons

Due to rapid growth and lack of support, employee turnover has been high adding additional stress to job functions.

Advice to Management

Adding temp support roles would be cost effective by reducing overall turnover. Additional training should be implemented for all staff. This can be completed by hiring contract facilitators to go in different regions.

2. "Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Customers, vacation benefits, facilities. pay

Cons

Management, stress, goals unachievable, HR

3. "Bad place to work in IT"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Hermitage, PA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Hermitage, PA

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Try to keep up with technology.

Cons

Work life balance is unheard of. Expected to work lomg hours and on call 24/7. Left after 8 years because I was depressed and stressed to the max because of the work environment.

You are expected to track all of your time and have a list of 10 projects you are working on. Micro management is really bad. Promotions and raises are a joke.

Stay far far away from this place if you are looking to do anything in IT.

4. "customer service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austintown, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austintown, OH

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation (More than a year)

Pros

Its a place to work

Cons

run like a call center

Advice to Management

treat your employees like you want your supervisors to treat you.

5. "FNB has gotten too big"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, Great leadership, and good opportunity. I worked for the investment side of the business, and it has grown rapidly over the last 10 years.

Cons

Because it grew so rapidly, it's culture changed. It used to be a place where people mattered, and your job was appreciated as it made a significant impact. People are now seen as easily replaceable

6. "Top Work Places in Pittsburgh"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seven Fields, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seven Fields, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation (More than a year)

Pros

It is a fast growing company with opportunities to continually take on additional responsibilities. Friendly and cooperative work environment with an open door management work style. Excellent visibility throughout the organization.

Cons

Compensation has not kept pace with the growth and size of the company.

7. "Awesome"

Former Employee - Compliance Specialist in Hermitage, PA
    Former Employee - Compliance Specialist in Hermitage, PA

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Actually treat you like a person.
    Room to move up in the company.
    Promote from within.
    benefits were amazing.

Cons

Pay increases were not the best.

8. "Overall, a good Pittsburgh-based company to grow with!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Head Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Banking hours are good, just wish we'd start at 8:30 or 9am and close at 4pm like other branches. Bank holidays are a nice bonus. Decent benefits (Health insurance could be better or have more options!) and job perks like transportation reimbursement. Paid hotel & mileage for training in Hermitage. Training could be a bit more thorough rather than learning how to use the teller system in just five days, but adequate enough to know what you're doing. Great support system of in-branch team members and other neighboring branches to help with complicated issues. Pay to start could be a bit higher with guaranteed raises at 6 months and a year. Good team dynamic (at least at my branch) where we all try to help one another. Branch manager has almost too much on his plate but otherwise is a great boss. Steady growth into other areas.

Cons

Branch managers have way too much to do. Yes they're paid salary but it's hard to ask for help when you know they are already dealing with so much. Starting pay could be higher with raises at 6 months and 1 year (then annually) and with promotions. You learn a lot of information in the first few months and it's difficult to keep it straight. CSR/Head Tellers need more thorough training so they know the best and most efficient way to balance both line and platform responsibilities without sacrificing service. Leads should at least be warm and not repeating the same people you called just last month. Pay those on the line a living wage - and hire more tellers to adequately cover for lunches & vacations and when the head teller can't be on the line. When you say you're going to remodel a branch, please give branch employees a realistic timeline. Give line employees more opportunities for management & higher up positions (not stuck in branch) Listen to employees ideas on how to best deliver customer service without sacrificing sales and positive leads. Please offer something other than high-deductible insurance plans... Consider offering UPMC insurance in conjunction with Highmark and third option.

Advice to Management

Show branch employees that they are important. They are the face of the bank, and the people customers build rapport with. Give raises and give them often to those employees who actively work to grow the bank with referrals and listening to the needs of the customers in front of them. Less cold calling and more legitimate leads. Don't keep adding the same people to call every month... they'll let us know when they're interested. Allow more advancement opportunities to retail side employees. Overall, I am happy that I am a customer turned employee. Keep employees happy!

9. "Head teller"

Current Employee - Pennsylvania in Monessen, PA
    Current Employee - Pennsylvania in Monessen, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my job and my customers that I deal with on a daily basis.

Cons

I feel like I am under paid for what I do.

"Customer Service Representative II"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with a great team at my current location. I love our customers. We have a lot of business clients in our branches footprint which makes for a different work day experience.

Cons

There is currently no option for advancement in my current branch and FNB is not too keen on promoting outside of the promotion/review period which takes place once a year. Pay is on the lower end of the spectrum in banking.