F.N.B. Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

F.N.B. Corporation Reviews

Updated March 28, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
F.N.B. Corporation President; CEO, First National Bank Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.
Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.

Pros
  • FNB is a rapidly growing company that still has a small bank feel (in 4 reviews)

• great team to work with everyday (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is unheard of (in 3 reviews)

• Retail branch staffing is very limited, which impacts customer service and the ability to reach sales goals (in 3 reviews)

1. "Bad place to work in IT"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Hermitage, PA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Hermitage, PA

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Try to keep up with technology.

Cons

Work life balance is unheard of. Expected to work lomg hours and on call 24/7. Left after 8 years because I was depressed and stressed to the max because of the work environment.

You are expected to track all of your time and have a list of 10 projects you are working on. Micro management is really bad. Promotions and raises are a joke.

Stay far far away from this place if you are looking to do anything in IT.

"Stressful Work Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time

Pros

I can't think of any Pros with working for the Bank.

Cons

- Leadership does not care about you or the fact that you have a family life outside of work.
    - Branches are rarely fully staffed for you to take vacation.
    - Look forward to staying in the branch for your whole shift, even on your lunch break because you won't be able to leave.
    - Employees are over-worked and under-paid

Advice to Management

- Stop being cheap and hire more staff.
    - Hiring more than 1 trainer for Maryland so employees can get the proper training when they're are hired.

"This bank is bad, bad news for both customer and employee."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative 11 in Edgewater, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative 11 in Edgewater, MD

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I really think that the problems with this bank as a whole started in the Md region, as feedback from the Pa. branches is totally different. Such a shame that a firm with such history would allow the degradation of its integrity and values in order to attempt to become a "Big Bank". The only pro that I had seen was that some of the long time exec's really do understand what is happening but are not prepared to fight it.

Cons

The biggest concern with this bank is their dependence on the (very unpopular) leaders they have chosen in the Md, area. Before I resigned after many years at BankAnnapolis, and barely a year with fnb (merged in 2013) I could see that they were in no way prepared to compete with the already established Md. banks. The outdated technology and lack of knowledge about the Md. area economy is killing this bank. Customers have no faith and employees are bailing out speaking out about this bank.

Advice to Management

Please, please, get a good look at what is really happening in Md. Talk to the employees, talk to the customers, research what the other banks here are doing and resume your way of doing business when FNB was respected.

"Not employee friendly"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hermitage, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hermitage, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working environment is ok, pay and benefits are average.

Cons

Definately not employee friendly. Be wary of any job offer. They fail to dislose manadatory overtime for salaried employees. You are expected to work 50 hours minimum in the office and also to work from home on evenings and weekends.

Advice to Management

Eliminate some of the middle management and hire more workers so that mandatory overtime is not required.

6. "Not the best place"

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule. CEO seems nice.

Cons

No one is ever on the same page. I have received several different answers to the same question from almost every department. It's extremely difficult to figure out what department to contact in the first place. HR never seemed to know what was going on. Not very many positions to move to if you don't live in the Pittsburgh area.

Advice to Management

Make sure your whole department is on the same page.

7. "This place sucks!"

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation full-time

Pros

There are no pros to working for this institution.

Cons

Poor Management, Rude employees who think they know more than anyone else, you have to part of their "cookie cutter" mold to work there, do not like questions from employees.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees...they are your bread and butter...no wonder there is such a large turnover

"The Worst Bank I Ever Worked For."

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working for FNB

Cons

The is the best example of work place bullying I can think of. Senior management in the MD region does not care about their employees only the sales goals. If you dont make your sales goals you will basically be held hostage...oh I Mean "call nights" until you do. There is no work-life balance as you are expected to work as many hours as necessary to get the job done. Any stress related illnesses you have that is caused by Senior Management "is on you" they do not care. If you go through the chain of command and have HR "open a case" you will be written up. HR is not a resource for employees it is cheap legal council for Senior Management. You will be expected to work two or three roles with no extra pay. If you complain HR will tell you they are covering 3 regions and to suck it up. If you really want the big bank experience work for Bank of America they at least pay better.

Advice to Management

The leadership is non existent, their are no leaders in the MD region just bullies. Consider getting rid of Senior Management in the Baltimore Region. Being that the PA footprint is not managed the same as the MD region. The PA footprint is managed better. Consider listening to your employees instead of turning and looking away. You need put a hold on acquiring other banks and focus on your current infrastructure. Your systems are old and stretched to there limits.

"Not what was promised. Not a big bank that wants community feel. just another big greedy bank."

Pros

Working with partners in other dept is great idea. however retail is over worked and expected to meet goals, which are higher than BOA, or they are written up and let go. There is no support from upper mgt and little training.

Cons

the Md retail management team is the worst I've every seen. they are allowed to intimidate and bully employees out of their jobs. Not family or customer friendly. Branch employees are expected to take on multiple positions due to lack of staffing and still meet goals of their own. It's all about $

Advice to Management

Take a good look at your MD retail team from suntrust. Wolf in Sheep's clothing, fake, the lack of integrity is concerning. manipulating and not to be trusted.

"for the benefit of customers and employees- CUT YOUR LOSSES"

Former Employee - Peon
    Former Employee - Peon

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

non-existant. Nothing I can think of.

Cons

If you are a new employee, you are in for a huge disappointment, no effort toward. customer service, and even less effort to obtain a friendly work place. Less than adequate computer systems and they have changed their most important bank policies 3 times in the last 3 months.

Advice to Management

Upper Management changes so frequently that by the time they they were told the same chiefs wouldn't be there.

"Love/Hate relationship"

Former Employee - Head Teller in Pandaraveli (Sri Lanka)
    Former Employee - Head Teller in Pandaraveli (Sri Lanka)

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Absolutely loved my job. Clean working atmosphere. I Loved making customers have a happy experience. Worked very hard and I was proud of myself and my work place. Earned awards like plastic trinkets, never higher pay though. I knew the job inside and out. FNB should've noticed my productivity as they would praise the Pittsburg area. Good training and use of technology. My branch was the busiest in my area. Never went without 1 customer in Lobby. Constantly busy. I hung in during a bank transfer and stayed over 6 years. Good experience.

Cons

Lack of staff! Sometimes only 2 in very busy branch with customer lines out the door! Hard to take a bathroom break! Expected to stay after closing to make sales calls. Long hard days! Only are permitted 37.5 hrs per week. Anything over that is "held" until following pay. So a full timer may need to work a few 3 hour days to make less hrs to stay under 37.5. Pay periods are the 15th & 30th of the month. Any bonuses I had seen were before taxes & never amounted to much. I asked many times to be better compensated. sometimes I got 10 more cents an hr but yet insurance kept going up. Insurance was high. Before quitting I asked for $1.00 raise. I was turned down. I left. Last pay money was held for some crazy sounded made up issue. My replacement had 1 year experience and made $1.15 more than what I left with after my 7 years experience there. I know, she told me. 3 months later, she quit. I would've stayed!

Advice to Management

Pay attention to good employees, reward them. They make you. Don't expect someone who struggles to pay their bills at home to multitask without compensation. Look into good hard working employees who do their job with 110% but need a second job just to get by as a single mom. And please don't expect that mom to stay after to make required sales calls at $10.00 an hour! No sir. Stop hiring "children" out of school/college with no experience for jobs that well seasoned employees can do with one eye closed.
    Another pet peeve- have upper bank staff introduce themselves to tellers as they enter a branch! Don't just walk in and expect to be known and look down upon staff but yet expect that staff to get YOU customer referrals! Make your own sales calls! You Answer the phone with a customer complaining in one ear while waiting on a line of people, cashing/depositing their checks, trying to make a sale, with containers of cash hidden out of view to be verified before you get to the vault all while its after 3 pm & you haven't had time or the staffing for lunch. And get paid so little you can't make a car payment AND buy school clothes in the same month.