F.N.B. Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

F.N.B. Corporation Reviews

Updated June 22, 2017

4.0
F.N.B. Corporation President; CEO, First National Bank Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.
Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • FNB is a rapidly growing company that still has a small bank feel (in 4 reviews)

• Good working conditions, great people, pretty good benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is unheard of (in 3 reviews)

• Retail branch staffing is very limited, which impacts customer service and the ability to reach sales goals (in 3 reviews)

1. "Top Work Places in Pittsburgh"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seven Fields, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seven Fields, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation (More than a year)

Pros

It is a fast growing company with opportunities to continually take on additional responsibilities. Friendly and cooperative work environment with an open door management work style. Excellent visibility throughout the organization.

Cons

Compensation has not kept pace with the growth and size of the company.

2. "Overall, a good Pittsburgh-based company to grow with!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Head Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Banking hours are good, just wish we'd start at 8:30 or 9am and close at 4pm like other branches. Bank holidays are a nice bonus. Decent benefits (Health insurance could be better or have more options!) and job perks like transportation reimbursement. Paid hotel & mileage for training in Hermitage. Training could be a bit more thorough rather than learning how to use the teller system in just five days, but adequate enough to know what you're doing. Great support system of in-branch team members and other neighboring branches to help with complicated issues. Pay to start could be a bit higher with guaranteed raises at 6 months and a year. Good team dynamic (at least at my branch) where we all try to help one another. Branch manager has almost too much on his plate but otherwise is a great boss. Steady growth into other areas.

Cons

Branch managers have way too much to do. Yes they're paid salary but it's hard to ask for help when you know they are already dealing with so much. Starting pay could be higher with raises at 6 months and 1 year (then annually) and with promotions. You learn a lot of information in the first few months and it's difficult to keep it straight. CSR/Head Tellers need more thorough training so they know the best and most efficient way to balance both line and platform responsibilities without sacrificing service. Leads should at least be warm and not repeating the same people you called just last month. Pay those on the line a living wage - and hire more tellers to adequately cover for lunches & vacations and when the head teller can't be on the line. When you say you're going to remodel a branch, please give branch employees a realistic timeline. Give line employees more opportunities for management & higher up positions (not stuck in branch) Listen to employees ideas on how to best deliver customer service without sacrificing sales and positive leads. Please offer something other than high-deductible insurance plans... Consider offering UPMC insurance in conjunction with Highmark and third option.

Advice to Management

Show branch employees that they are important. They are the face of the bank, and the people customers build rapport with. Give raises and give them often to those employees who actively work to grow the bank with referrals and listening to the needs of the customers in front of them. Less cold calling and more legitimate leads. Don't keep adding the same people to call every month... they'll let us know when they're interested. Allow more advancement opportunities to retail side employees. Overall, I am happy that I am a customer turned employee. Keep employees happy!

3. "Head teller"

Current Employee - Pennsylvania in Monessen, PA
    Current Employee - Pennsylvania in Monessen, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my job and my customers that I deal with on a daily basis.

Cons

I feel like I am under paid for what I do.

"Great company with great people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture. Exposure to many executives and senior managers. Friendly and hardworking atmosphere. Very experienced professionals who genuinely care about he professional growth of younger employees.

Cons

Limited job openings and promotion opportunity. CORE associate program lacks a system of checks and balances.

Advice to Management

Revamp the CORE associate program in order to keep younger hires for the long term.

"Teller I"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prospect, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prospect, PA

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

paid Holidays, Paid vacations, decent pay, stable

Cons

Takes years to advance to higher teller position

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great staff and awesome management team.

Cons

Lack of pay. Paid less than most with same job title.

Advice to Management

Pay better to keep employees longer.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Baltimore, MD

Pros

There is plenty of room for career growth. Senior Management provides the tools to help you move up. You have to show the drive and want to make it happen.

Cons

The computer systems need up grading.

Advice to Management

Continue to make good decisions to grow the Bank and maintain stability.

"Summer Temp. Back Access."

Former Employee - Summer Temp in State College, PA
    Former Employee - Summer Temp in State College, PA

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great summer employment for experience. Pay is far better than why I expected going in. They do make an effort to rally a community and participate for local causes

Cons

The job I did was really busy during the summer and required off peak hours. I won't complain about overtime but it sometimes got in the way of other things in life. The Back offices are all cream colored and it is cubicle life, but you make the best of it with personal items

Advice to Management

Be receptive to needs. Having one person available to handle an influx isn't always the greatest idea. Know when to step in for summer help. Temps are required to have "summer temp" in their email signature and I think that sometimes I was taken less seriously for it

9. "Teller"

Current Employee - Teller in Greensburg, PA
    Current Employee - Teller in Greensburg, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities, Great Work Environments, Laid back atmosphere, Growing company

Cons

Mundane Training, not the greatest pay rates

Advice to Management

Pay rates increase

10. "Great career opportunities!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in State College, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If your willing to work hard it will pay off. I started as a teller and with my hard work, leadership and the bank's support earned the opportunity to become a Head Teller, PBR, Assistant Manager and now a Branch Manager. I love the challenge of retail sales and seeing how high in branch rankings I can get.

Cons

You have to take the good with the bad. Although it's not the banks fault being short staffed can be a con. Sometimes you can feel like you are always training a new employee.