F.N.B. Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

F.N.B. Corporation Reviews

Updated December 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

3.4
F.N.B. Corporation President; CEO, First National Bank Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.
Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is a fast growing company with opportunities to continually take on additional responsibilities (in 4 reviews)

• Good working conditions, great people, pretty good benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals sets extremely high (in 5 reviews)

• Work life balance is unheard of (in 3 reviews)

1. "Have improved greatly over the last year"

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time

Pros

Company really growing and acquiring new banks and regions

Cons

Pay doesn't seem to be as competitive as other financial institutions

2. "Teller"

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Essex, MD
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Essex, MD

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation part-time

Pros

They are wonderful! And I love the people I work with!

Cons

N/A I have no complaints for this company

Advice to Management

I have none! I love my management!

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture and colleagues are outstanding

Cons

Continue to grow in Maryland

Advice to Management

Keep it going!

4. "High Stress, Low Reward, No Support"

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time

Pros

PTO and ok 401k match

Cons

High Stress, Very high sales requirement for ALL POSITIONS, Little to No support from back office. Seems to take priorty to outside hires than to promote within.

Advice to Management

Show you care to your employees.

"It was a job, not a career."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Bank is sized nicely to allow people at all levels to impact the organization and feel like they're making a difference. The Bank is growing (mostly through acquisition) so there's lots of interesting work going on.

Cons

It's a very flat organization so if you're entry level to mid-career, there's not much room to grow. Most of the senior leaders have been in their roles since The Bank's humble beginnings... this leads to a lot of "we do it that way because we've always done it that way" type of thinking. The pay is mediocre and The Bank looks for every opportunity to squeeze what they can out of their employees, customers, and vendors. I would not suggest taking a lateral move into this organization.

Advice to Management

Hire fresh leaders that will help The Bank evolve in step with the growth that is happening.

6. "Horrible benefits, refused to pay what they promised."

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation full-time

Pros

Co workers were fun to be around I the branch.

Cons

Insurance is sub-par. Benefits were not great. 401k match paid in company stock only.

Advice to Management

Don’t discriminate or allow disgruntled middle management to single our employees based on gender.

"Trending Down"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are opportunities to advance within the company, and employees are encouraged to apply on open positions. The process to apply on these positions is easy. The company also still has some great benefits, and is generous with their vacation, as nearly everyone starts off with two weeks of vacation time alone.

Cons

The company has struggled to adjust to their rapid growth through acquisitions in the past five or so years. The staffing levels of key backroom departments can occasionally be found wanting, leading to a lack of support for the front line employees. The company is now quite large, and although the corporate directive is to do business like the other big banks, there has not been adequate investment in training, staffing, or systems to support this initiative. Front level staff morale is low due to a high amount of employee turnover, sales goals that are designed to be almost unattainable, and ever increasing pressure to sell. The incentive compensation program is designed to pay out as little as possible, as achievements are clawed back by any lack of performance in other fields, some of which are incredibly difficult for branch personnel to control. It is expected for any account opening representative to spend the majority of their day making outbound telemarketing calls, as the corporate directive is that said employees should be calling around 50 customers/prospects a day. There is a huge emphasis on setting appointments with clients, and a sales strategy is to be employed during those appointments. The strategy consists of finding a clients 'pain point' and using that 'pain point' to gain as much information on the clients finances as possible, even if it is not related to what the clients original question was regarding. Once the info is obtained, employees are instructed to cross sell by using non-suggestive language, think "you will open this account" as opposed to "I believe it is in your best interest to". Senior management encourages front line employees to be in control of client meetings, even going as far as stating that the client should not be telling you what they want to do, you should instead dictate the terms to the client.

Advice to Management

A significant investment needs to be made in staffing, marketing, branding, and bank systems. It seems as though the company is still attempting to operate as though it were 2005 and there were less than 100 branches. Mid-level and Senior management needs to spend a significant amount of time in a branch setting to get a true sense of how their initiatives affect the branch personnel and customers. The company needs to address the high rate of turnover and low morale.

8. "Backwards"

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pto was decent, they seem willing to change their outdated system but not fast enough

Cons

Outdated technology and services

9. "Great overall environment"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Hermitage, PA
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Hermitage, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation (More than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance and compensation. Managers are mostly understanding and caring. Great group environment and many employees hang out together outside of work.

Cons

Constant change in management. When the direction and direct management keep changing it is hard to get into a rhythm and develop a process

Advice to Management

Remove unnecessary people from processes

"Not a desirable place to work"

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time

Pros

Immediate team members are great to work with, they are willing to teach if you are willing to learn .

Cons

Management is horrible. The higher you go up the worse it is. Pay is not comparable to other financial institutions. Benefits are mediocre at best.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate and learn your teams strengths.
    Upper management- get ride of your narcissistic management , and get people in who car about growing your company not their own names .