F.N.B. Corporation Teller Reviews | Glassdoor

F.N.B. Corporation Teller Reviews

Updated November 30, 2017

Teller

3.9
F.N.B. Corporation President; CEO, First National Bank Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.
Vincent J. (Vince) Delie Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is a fast growing company with opportunities to continually take on additional responsibilities (in 4 reviews)

• Good working conditions, great people, pretty good benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals sets extremely high (in 5 reviews)

• Work life balance is unheard of (in 3 reviews)

1. "Teller"

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Essex, MD
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Essex, MD

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation part-time

Pros

They are wonderful! And I love the people I work with!

Cons

N/A I have no complaints for this company

Advice to Management

I have none! I love my management!

"Good short term job"

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good hours and work can be easy

Cons

not paid nearly enough for the sensitive product and information you are handling this makes co-workers stressed and creates a bad working environment

Advice to Management

pay more

3. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Responsive to workers needs. Ability to build strong relationships.

Cons

Pay may be smaller than other banks

Advice to Management

I enjoy all of my managers. keep up the good work

4. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Teller in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work overall. Paid vacation, paid sick days, paid holidays, great training, bank runs smoothly, friendly customers, friendly staff, good hours, lots of opportunities to advance.

Cons

Pay could be better & there's a lack of full time jobs inside bank branches specifically. Understaffed sometimes.

Advice to Management

Higher pay & more full time jobs please

5. "Part-Time Teller Experience"

Former Employee - Teller III
    Former Employee - Teller III

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation part-time

Pros

One of the big reason I liked working for FNB was the hours were very flexible. There might be occasional Saturday hours they expect people to work, but it isn't often. The work enviroment was very relaxed, and it was a very low stress job. There is lots of room for growth within the company, as I have seen Tellers climb the ranks and become regional managers for several branches.

Cons

You end up having to deal with a lot more crazy people than you would expect. I thought most customers would be calm and composed in the bank, but I had many occasions over the years where people cussed me out, or we had to call the police on people for being ridiculous.

Advice to Management

I wish the managers were more knowledgeable of the teller line. This differed from store to store, where some would do more than was asked of them, and some would have almost no idea how to do any of the teller operations.

"I guess it's a good job"

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Work-Life Balance, Good budgets. Hours are petty good if you don't mind working a Saturday

Cons

Upper management seems aloof, systems for processing transactions and even looking up balances goes down at least once a month, which makes for a really bad day.

Advice to Management

It seems like the organization is really inefficient. You can find yourself getting referred from one department, to another department, and then they tell you to call you the department you originally called or you wind up just being told to make a decision yourself for something.

7. "Overall, a good Pittsburgh-based company to grow with!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Head Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Banking hours are good, just wish we'd start at 8:30 or 9am and close at 4pm like other branches. Bank holidays are a nice bonus. Decent benefits (Health insurance could be better or have more options!) and job perks like transportation reimbursement. Paid hotel & mileage for training in Hermitage. Training could be a bit more thorough rather than learning how to use the teller system in just five days, but adequate enough to know what you're doing. Great support system of in-branch team members and other neighboring branches to help with complicated issues. Pay to start could be a bit higher with guaranteed raises at 6 months and a year. Good team dynamic (at least at my branch) where we all try to help one another. Branch manager has almost too much on his plate but otherwise is a great boss. Steady growth into other areas.

Cons

Branch managers have way too much to do. Yes they're paid salary but it's hard to ask for help when you know they are already dealing with so much. Starting pay could be higher with raises at 6 months and 1 year (then annually) and with promotions. You learn a lot of information in the first few months and it's difficult to keep it straight. CSR/Head Tellers need more thorough training so they know the best and most efficient way to balance both line and platform responsibilities without sacrificing service. Leads should at least be warm and not repeating the same people you called just last month. Pay those on the line a living wage - and hire more tellers to adequately cover for lunches & vacations and when the head teller can't be on the line. When you say you're going to remodel a branch, please give branch employees a realistic timeline. Give line employees more opportunities for management & higher up positions (not stuck in branch) Listen to employees ideas on how to best deliver customer service without sacrificing sales and positive leads. Please offer something other than high-deductible insurance plans... Consider offering UPMC insurance in conjunction with Highmark and third option.

Advice to Management

Show branch employees that they are important. They are the face of the bank, and the people customers build rapport with. Give raises and give them often to those employees who actively work to grow the bank with referrals and listening to the needs of the customers in front of them. Less cold calling and more legitimate leads. Don't keep adding the same people to call every month... they'll let us know when they're interested. Allow more advancement opportunities to retail side employees. Overall, I am happy that I am a customer turned employee. Keep employees happy!

"Teller 1"

Former Employee - Teller in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Hours, holidays off and off ever Sunday

Cons

All 20/30 year olds run the branches, and like to run around leaving you and one other part time Teller alone for hours. Hard to get full time

Advice to Management

Older people need to make money too

"Downhill Slide"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at F.N.B. Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Develop your resourcefulness and meet some great people. You will learn to multitask, and you'll see how strong you can be. You will probably not be paid for it, but you can take on many responsibilities.

Cons

Company seems to be shifting to the pay-less/require-more mentality where you're pushed to your limits for a sub standard salary. State of barely controlled chaos with little communication, obsolete equipment and resources, and no continuity between branches.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at the reality of your retail branches before you acquire yet another bank. There is a glaring difference between what things look like on paper, and the actuality of your situation. While you're throwing away your community banking approach to compete with the big dogs, you're unknowingly driving away good customers and employees. Be careful what you wish for.

"Teller II"

Current Employee - Teller II in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Teller II in Erie, PA

I have been working at F.N.B. Corporation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to learn new things and expand your banking knowledge. I feel like most co workers are more than happy to help you along the way.

Cons

Like most places there are the normal office politics. Being a teller can be a stressful and fast pased job.