72% would recommend to a friend
(1601 total reviews)
75% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good but at at per market rate" (in 193 reviews)
- "The people are great and are happy with what they do." (in 156 reviews)
- "Lots of interesting technical challenges and quite a good work life balance." (in 133 reviews)
- "The culture is great at identifying (really and honestly) what the sticking points are." (in 119 reviews)
- "The pay was good." (in 65 reviews)
- "middle management is problem to company" (in 61 reviews)
- "layoff are done majorly these days" (in 33 reviews)
- "Very political upper management." (in 19 reviews)
- "Middle management does not care about employees" (in 17 reviews)
- "Depending on the rol , there is no a clear career path when it comes to how to grow" (in 9 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of F5 and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,601 of over 2K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.0Dec 6, 2023Senior DeveloperFormer Employee, more than 5 years
In true sense, quickly become a manager, let other do the works and you hide in meetings and take the credit.
Let's answer systematically - Diversity & Inclusion ** (you have to be part of the people from same region) - Culture & Values * (None, just copy any code from somewhere) - Work/Life Balance - for engineers ** who work is too much to do. - For others *****, relax and say yes to your boss. - Compensation and Benefits: ** Low (off course, if you are in good book of management your case is different). - Career Opportunities : Full stop, unless you have a buddy to follow. - Senior Management: Horrible, totally confused. Avoid them and run away.1
- 3.0Dec 2, 2023Solution EngineerFormer Employee
Solid legacy (on-premise) customer base and strong customer support
Cloud execution spotty. Acquisition strategy and execution on cloud pivot comes across as unfocused. Unrelated and overvalued acquisitions that are never meaningfully accretive to bottom line. Morale not great after layoffs2
- 2.0Dec 2, 2023Product OwnerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHyderābād
Good be if it’s like insurances, RSU as part of year end review,
As a business analyst or product team member working from India, esp in Technology Service 1) there is no growth or recognition 2) you need to work late in night as stakeholders are on US west coast and team can be global 3) in case of firing, India product team members are removed 4) promotion or senior role not given as you can’t manage time zones 5) after recent re-org there is no product owner, solution owner, product manager or program manager/scrum master operating from India. All roles shifted to US or Mexico is new offshore location2
- 3.0Nov 30, 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Jose, CA
Interesting technology to work on and decent time off benefits. Thats about it.
Leadership is not great. Top leadership is mishandling things in the name of efficiency, notable conflicts of interest which HR doesnt do anything about. Layoffs will continue, even for the core product organization, and moving more jobs to India.3
- 4.0Nov 25, 2023Security Support EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Good team mates, all rounded and smart.
Systems a bit outdated, direction a bit blurred.
- 5.0Nov 23, 2023Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)Current Employee, more than 1 yearHyderābād
GoodCulture Work life balance No Management politics
Less hikes in last year
- 5.0Nov 22, 2023Software Engineer 3Current Employee, less than 1 yearHyderābād
Great place and people to work with. Good compensation and other benefits as well.
No cons about F5 Networks
- 3.0Nov 21, 2023Account ManagerFormer EmployeeDublin, Dublin
Healthy environment, helpful friendly team and management. Benefits, stocks, wellness weekends each quarter, and more. Work = Life
Forcing people to go back to the office all around the world. Waste of time each day for 3 hours in commute and decrease of productivity. Higher management believes the opposite but it's a way to bring value to the empty buildings.
F5 Reviews FAQs
F5 has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,762 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at F5 to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
72% of F5 employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated F5 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.