FAAC Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "FAAC inc"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at FAAC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

interesting engineering projects with good senior engineering base

Cons

currently under staffed due to growth

2. "Sr Software Engineer II"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer II in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer II in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at FAAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family like company, exciting projects

Cons

Compensation and benefits are below average

"No Thanks."

Former Employee - Purchasing Associate in Wyandotte, MI
    Former Employee - Purchasing Associate in Wyandotte, MI

I worked at FAAC (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people were great to work with. They had awesome birthday parties. Outside sales team was amazing and hard working.

Cons

Management had very little control of what went on there day to day, and very little involvement. Company was very discriminatory against anyone who wasn't Indian or Hindu and anyone who ate meat. Changed position from direct hire to contract *after* offering it to me.

Advice to Management

Get your act together, and stop with the discrimination. I'm happy to respect that most employees are vegitarians, but not providing a microwave for non-vegitarian meals, when you proved 4 for vegitarians is ridiculous.

FAAC Response

Nov 3, 2016 – Human Resources

This review is not for FAAC Incorporated. Can Glassdoor please remove it. Thank you.

"Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at FAAC (More than 3 years)

Pros

-If you like combination of working for the military/government, applied physics and software engineering this is right up your alley.
    -The security clearance is also helpful finding the next job.
    -There are some very knowledgeable folks working there. The brightest I have ever met and had the opportunity to work with.

Cons

You have to be able to get a security clearance.
    The job requires being an expert in physics, and programming. Your either one or the other. The problems is that they want you to be both.
    If you enter into this type of opportunity, you will not have very many opportunities elsewhere as this is a very specific industry. The skills don't readily transfer.

Advice to Management

Sometimes management either doesn't know or don't seem to care about a project, I think mainly because they have no idea how the project even works, they just expect their employees to be experts and often time will say "How long do you think it will take?". I tried to care about a project and let another employee know the direction it was headed (I was not a manager and should not have intervened). It took a while, but management finally stepped in and it took several weeks for the other employee to come up to speed (I think the other employee despised me for acting as a lead). Other times management doesn't know who, how, why or what steps were taken as there is very little or no documentation.

5. "Senior Executive Service"

Current Employee - Senior Executive in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Executive in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at FAAC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great helpful friendly place to work with excellent benifits and salaries.

Cons

Some of the facilities are really old and not at all a clean place to work. They seem to ignore
    environmental nessecities such as air conditioning and heat and the air quality in these places is unacceptable.

Advice to Management

Treat ALL your employees like they deserve to be treated with healthy working conditions.

FAAC Response

Nov 3, 2016 – Human Resources

We do not have a location in Oklahoma City. This is not for FAAC Incorporated. Can Glassdoor please remove this? Thank you

"Low Pay, substandard perks."

Former Employee - ISSO in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - ISSO in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at FAAC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They try to keep everyone employed. They have fun lunches in the summer that everyone shows up to. The company seems to be expanding, albeit slowly.

Cons

Poor salaries, poor healthcare benefits, etc. Let's just say poor everything compared to any other company I've been with after. Lack of respect for absolute intelligence. Instead deferring to cookie cutter interview questions and paper credentials. I laugh about the credentials, i was in IT and they wanted people with certs, and they don't follow about 90% of the best practices in the industry. So if a cert says you are industry relevant, then why do you want someone who knows how it should be done, if you aren't doing it right in the first place?

Did i mention low salaries and no perks? If you interview here after school, ask for double what they offer and you will be close to what you can get anywhere else. But anywhere else will also give you better retirement options and other perks.

Advice to Management

IT is your largest weakness. Try to pay attention to the staff if they bring up ideas that can save you tons of money. Without a solid IT infrastructure, the rest of your company disappears, you realize that right?

7. "The pay is great, but there's no room for advancement on the contract side."

Former Employee - Facilitator in Fort Hood, TX
    Former Employee - Facilitator in Fort Hood, TX

I worked at FAAC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a contract employee, so the pay was very good. But there was no guaranteed longevity of the contract.

Cons

I was a contract employee, so to travel for a position that may not be there for long, is kinda scary. Also, make sure your simulator is guaranteed to be on an installation when you take the job, or you may have to fill in somewhere else.

8. "Great place to start, but easy to become too comfortable."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Summer time company-paid grills. Yearly holiday parties. Yearly bonus. Yearly golf tournaments, whirly-ball, and other activities. Tight-knit relationship can develop with some groups. Most people are friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

Severe lack of communication between supervisors and employees in the Military group. Supervisors seem to have a hard time letting subordinates take the lead, travel, or have more responsibilities. In-house training sessions occur during your lunch hour. No cafeteria (you have to eat at your desk or go out). Medical benefits change yearly. Compensation is below market value.

Advice to Management

Be more approachable, less intimidating, and communicate with your subordinates a little more.

9. "Average at best"

I have been working at FAAC full-time

Pros

Work / life balance is generally good
    Company growing

Cons

Extreme lack of communication between managers and engineering staff.
    Saw little improvement in this area over time.

Some areas still not using commonplace practices (e.g., automated builds). Surprising for a technology company.

Management very slow to give engineers new responsibilities.

Can get put on a project for weeks or months with only sporadic interaction or direction.

Can confirm the "Con" sections written by others, especially
    regarding pay, benefits, and communication issues.

Advice to Management

Keeping up with the times isn't a luxury, it's a necessity.
    Drop the us v. them attitude towards engineering staff.

10. "engineer"

Pros

Is a good place to work

Cons

I not have cons to