FARO Technologies Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"A step to the future"

Current Employee - Distribution Manager in Stuttgart

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunities, wide range of products, nice colleagues and in overall do meet my expectations

Cons

A bit of gaps in the IT system where you need to wait a bit to be solved. We will see :-)

FARO Technologies2019-10-14

"Great Company Investing in People & Technology"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Team is always engaging and proactive in getting me the tools and support I need; Very competent colleagues with vast knowledge of their respective disciplines; There is always a push to make our products better for the customer with heavy R&D including customer input; FARO products & service are superior compared to competition based on technology, user interfaces and customer support - according to... prospects I visit; tons of room for growth of sector technology and customer base -Construction BIM in my case; Personal professional growth is huge for me- so much to learn about complete work flow;

Cons

If you're not the adaptable type or don't like change it may be a con; If you're not the engaging or proactive type it may be a con;

Advice to Management

Continue the growth trajectory, investing in smart people and R&D

FARO Technologies2019-09-06
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Great training, guidance and support"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been in sales for over 30 years and have worked with several companies. I've seen upper level management philosophy and how it trickled down to the employees. Some were not very good at appreciating their workforce. FARO is NOT one of them. Since being hired, I have experienced a sincere appreciation for the small part I do. From the corporate office to the field, everyone is pulling the same direction. ... It's refreshing really. I truly love the culture, the people and the management that support us. I hope to be here for a very long time.

Cons

I'm having some trouble with the T&E system/processes, but I have a strong feeling that is on my end :(

Advice to Management

None. I can't find a single thing I would do differently.

FARO Technologies2019-09-05

"Great experience working at FARO: The training and onboarding process is great; strategic and service oriented company"

Current Employee - Distribution Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, Team-work; Strategic thinking, Customer Oriented; Management

Cons

Weak communication between the Verticals (business)

FARO Technologies2019-09-05
  6. "No one CARES!!!"

Inside Account Manager

I have been working at FARO Technologies

Pros

Nothing at the moment. Well maybe the benefits and some of the people there.

Cons

Management is terrible and HR is unresponsive which is unprofessional. They will only help the ones they want and they dont really care about people at all!

Advice to Management

Take care of your people or they will walk out of you one by one

FARO Technologies2019-09-11

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

This place is filled with amazing people. Ive never worked with such nice and smart people. They ask a lot of you but it’s worth it.

Cons

I wish we had more paid holidays and could use our PTO before 90 days.

FARO Technologies2019-07-10

"Death by a thousand cuts"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, decent benefits, can be fun if you like tech. If you are young and have a low cost of living this could be fun.

Cons

Right when you feel like things are going well the people at the top will find a way to bring you down. FARO will constantly change your quota, territory, what you can sell, and in general make it harder to do your job and try to pay you less year over year. EVERY AM is looking around or getting close to it.

Advice to Management

Wake up! Do the right things. Value your employees. Stop adjusting the comp plan whenever you feel like it. It's not what we signed up for. When someone goes well over quota reward them. That's how you improve culture. Make people feel appreciated. Show others the possibilities. Get rid of the complex travel approval process. Keep AM's focused on selling. Stop providing salaries to new hires. You're attracting... the wrong type of people. Hire more engineers to support AM's. Why do we keep hiring sales people but not engineers? When a product launches, be ready. Provide rewards for those who go above and beyond outside their responsibilities. Improve salesforce. Get rid of processes that hinder/bottleneck AM's from efficiently doing their job like the current quote approval process. Modernize HQ. This is a tech company trapped in 1990 decor. Get employee discounts. There are clients in every industry. Stop inflating prices for old tech. Have national sales meetings like we used to. G. Acquire a handheld scanner that works. Kill the cobalt. You're beating a dead horse. Give marketing a bigger budget. Lead, be present and inspire. To the new CEO: Most of the best people have left. There's a serious issue with culture. Retain what you have left at all costs. The cost to find, onboard, and incubate new people is far greater than the cost to retain good people.

FARO Technologies2019-06-20

"Great company with awesome future!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

FARO has one of the best products in the industry. Atmosphere is lot more upbeat since the announcement of the new CEO. Great people to work for in this company. Let’s keep this momentum going!

Cons

Some of the top senior executives and leaders needs to go. They are just paying little politics and doesn’t care about people. HR is really trying to bring back the and uplift the morales but some of these executives trying to stop them from doing anything positive for employees by cutting budget.

Advice to Management

This message is for new CEO: Please know that people of this company are hardworking and truly believe that we can do better. Please know that you’re surrounded by people who doesn’t want to see you succeed because they didn’t get your job! Be careful of them! You’re smart so ask anyone and they will tell you who’s the problem in this company

FARO Technologies2019-04-26

"Read the negative reviews seriously before considering joining Faro, I chose not to give them credence, big mistake."

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at FARO Technologies full-time

Pros

Some really good people within the organization, the products are solid and the company does have a good reputation in the industry. Decent investment in IT to support the employees. Benefits are average.

Cons

CEO and COO. The company succeeds despite them due to some great long term people at the ground level and middle management. CEO has a talent for vision and technology, but fails on being an effective day to day leader. Strategy changes on a month to month basis. New verticals are created and disbanded within 6 months. New employees who are succeeding are fired when the CEO changes his mind. Culture of high... commission and low base salary drives many poor decisions and leads to constant churn in the sales team. New sales deployment strategy in industrial space has lead to heavy departures.

Advice to Management

Th board has a chance with the CEO retirement to fix this. You need someone that is ready to create a new culture for the future, and to then put someone in place to run the commercial organization that understands customers is not just an operations / numbers person.

FARO Technologies2019-02-22

"Don't believe what they say"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

great benefits that start immediately

Cons

There is no possible way to succeed at this company unless you are already there and part of the problem. They don't really want your opinion if it disagrees with them. They also pay way below you actual expertise. But then will expect you to expect you work like you are getting that higher salary.

Advice to Management

Take a good look around. Your company is not performing well for a reason...change needs to happen from above not below. If the company is not performing then you need to take a good luck at the people in the top positions . Believe me they are the ones making all the decisions while the ones being let go are the ones following through on them

FARO Technologies2018-12-15