FARO Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
FARO Technologies CEO Michael D. Burger
Michael D. Burger
Pros
Cons
  • "People are leaving left and right due to upper management, pay and hostile environment(in 10 reviews)

• "Maybe because, he was on his best behaviour and too busy shielding the regular employees from talking to the new CEO(in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A step to the future"

Current Employee - Distribution Manager in Stuttgart

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunities, wide range of products, nice colleagues and in overall do meet my expectations

Cons

A bit of gaps in the IT system where you need to wait a bit to be solved. We will see :-)

FARO Technologies2019-10-14

October 18, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are go glad that you enjoy working at FARO! Please keep your feedback coming... we want to continuously improve.

"Great Company Investing in People & Technology"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Team is always engaging and proactive in getting me the tools and support I need; Very competent colleagues with vast knowledge of their respective disciplines; There is always a push to make our products better for the customer with heavy R&D including customer input; FARO products & service are superior compared to competition based on technology, user interfaces and customer support - according to... prospects I visit; tons of room for growth of sector technology and customer base -Construction BIM in my case; Personal professional growth is huge for me- so much to learn about complete work flow;

Cons

If you're not the adaptable type or don't like change it may be a con; If you're not the engaging or proactive type it may be a con;

Advice to Management

Continue the growth trajectory, investing in smart people and R&D

FARO Technologies2019-09-06

September 12, 2019

We are so happy that you are happy! Please keep your comments and ideas coming. We truly love hearing them.

"Very neutral to grim outlook."

I have been working at FARO Technologies

Pros

Good people mixed in there, good technology, some good benefits.

Cons

Too much red tape. Everything is a protocol. If you need something from another department you need your manager from department A to contact the director of Department B, who does not even understand the request and will have the manager of department B make the decision. What is the point of that director then? People in management positions that got to them through friendships or seniority. Some of these... managers are not able to motivate, don't know how to address people, don't have the patience to answer questions, offer guidance or fulfill the needs of their team. HR can't answer simple yes or no questions with a yes or no. Stressful and grim enviroment as many people seem afraid that layoffs are coming under new vision. Healthcare went up 1000%

Advice to Management

This is more for the CEO, as the C level is being restructured. Be transparent with the employees. Some are terrified and stressed over layoffs. If they are coming, allow some people the heads up to start looking elsewhere. Evaluate the current management in the different teams. It's embarrassing how some people in upper management positions don't know what their teams handle or FARO as a whole does. Morale is... very low, pretzels are nice and a welcome detail, but we need to see change for the better. During the restructuring don't punish low level employees for the unrealistic promises, metrics, expectations and directives of upper and middle management. The low level workers are doing as told and trying to keep up, while management fail to analyze all the factors that can affect their KPIs.

FARO Technologies2019-10-04

October 7, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are currently working with our new CEO to create a company where people are valued and feel empowered to succeed and grow. We take all employee feedback seriously, and we are always looking for ways to improve. We encourage you to provide additional, detailed feedback, by reaching out the AskHR portal or contact Katrona Tyrrell, CPO directly at Katrona.Tyrrell@faro.com.

"Great training, guidance and support"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been in sales for over 30 years and have worked with several companies. I've seen upper level management philosophy and how it trickled down to the employees. Some were not very good at appreciating their workforce. FARO is NOT one of them. Since being hired, I have experienced a sincere appreciation for the small part I do. From the corporate office to the field, everyone is pulling the same direction. ... It's refreshing really. I truly love the culture, the people and the management that support us. I hope to be here for a very long time.

Cons

I'm having some trouble with the T&E system/processes, but I have a strong feeling that is on my end :(

Advice to Management

None. I can't find a single thing I would do differently.

FARO Technologies2019-09-05

September 12, 2019

Thank you for your comments! It is nice to hear that you are enjoying your time at FARO. We are excited for things to come and look to employees like you to help provide inspiration and ideas to help us improve.

"Great experience working at FARO: The training and onboarding process is great; strategic and service oriented company"

Current Employee - Distribution Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, Team-work; Strategic thinking, Customer Oriented; Management

Cons

Weak communication between the Verticals (business)

FARO Technologies2019-09-05

September 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to enter your review of FARO! Your feedback is important to us and we take it very seriously. Keep your comments coming!

"Very dynamic atmosphere with upper management constantly shifting metrics"

I worked at FARO Technologies

Pros

Lots of freedom Great team at the mid senior level Great products and technology

Cons

No job security Difficult metrics Shady board of directors

Advice to Management

Work with the sales team and set realistic metrics and follow through with compensation

FARO Technologies2019-09-11

September 12, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! FARO is always looking for ways to improve. We are concerned with the 'cons' you have listed and would like to hear more details. It is important to bring your concerns to the attention of Human Resources so that issues can be addressed. We encourage you to enter an AskHR ticket to provide more details or, please contact Katrona Tyrrell, CPO directly at Katrona.tyrrell@faro.com.

"Inside sales team makes money for everyone but themselves"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at FARO Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers,benefits were decent. HR has seemed to improve in last two years and seem to want to help. Question is how much they can. Went to base plus commission comp plan. Products are good but old CEO rushed product releases.

Cons

Pay is not distributed fairly. Inside team makes calls finds customers and gets low commission pay once. The Inside Account Manager team is basically just taking orders for warranty, software etc and reaps benefits of others hard work at a higher commission rate. Too much like high school where buddy system is how promotions and territory is determined. Inside Sales team and Account managers should get residual... comp from accounts in territory like most companies do. Inside sales management team is unhelpful and relies on non management employees to train new employees. Anyone that was helpful has left or been pushed out. Had one person in management offer to help me and it wasn't even my manager. However they are no longer in management. Managers always in meetings and unavailable. Heard one Sales Manager gossip with her team about another employees personal issues.

Advice to Management

Pay the Inside Sales Teams for what they do as they are the ones finding you new business and helping Account Managers maintain existing. Create residual income for territories from warranty ,software and other items. I heard FARO used to do this so the inside sales and account managers benefited from their territory management. Stop hiring everyone's friends and family so treatment is fair. Listen to inside sales... teams feedback as many leave because better income at other companies. Sales people want residual income to an extent. Turnover is hurting sales. Get rid of bad managers and favoritism. Clean house on inside sales management. Hire new team based on qualifications.

FARO Technologies2019-09-22

October 7, 2019

8. "No one CARES!!!"

Inside Account Manager

I have been working at FARO Technologies

Pros

Nothing at the moment. Well maybe the benefits and some of the people there.

Cons

Management is terrible and HR is unresponsive which is unprofessional. They will only help the ones they want and they dont really care about people at all!

Advice to Management

Take care of your people or they will walk out of you one by one

FARO Technologies2019-09-11

September 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that your experience has not been a positive one. We are currently working with our new CEO to create a company where people are valued and feel empowered to succeed and grow. We take all employee feedback seriously, and we are always looking for ways to improve. We encourage you to provide additional, detailed feedback, by reaching out the AskHR portal or contact Katrona Tyrrell, CPO directly at Katrona.Tyrrell@faro.com. Thank you again for taking the time to provide this feedback.

"Caustic Work Environment"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Kennett Square, PA

I worked at FARO Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Lots of cool technology and lots of potential as a company - IF they get it together.

Cons

Anyone showing any initiative or perceived as a "threat" to certain individuals at the Director level is singled out and targeted by management. HR is also useless - they will cover up to protect this behavior.

Advice to Management

Clean house. There are a few specific people that need to go. Unfortunately a lot of the team that had the ability to lead going forward were already scapegoated out, so there may be a leadership gap - but that can be fixed, and is absolutely no excuse for maintaining the status quo in the current "management". One last example that sums things up perfectly during my time at FARO was the QC person that was told to,... "Fix things, but don't change anything". That person was eventually blamed and discarded like a lot of other good people.

FARO Technologies2019-08-29

September 2, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that your experience has not been a positive one. We are currently working with our new CEO to create a company where people are valued and feel empowered to succeed and grow. We take all employee feedback seriously, and we are always looking for ways to improve. It is important to bring your concerns to the attention of Human Resources so that issues can be investigated and addressed. We encourage you to provide additional, detailed feedback, by reaching out the AskHR portal or contact Katrona Tyrrell, CPO directly at Katrona.Tyrrell@faro.com. Thank you again for taking the time to provide this feedback.

10. ""FARO Review""

Current Employee - Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've been working at FARO for over 10 years and I like it!

Cons

Need more management employee engagement

Advice to Management

Be accessible to other employees, stop ask how things are going. People like to have face to face conversations because that way they feel that you care about we as employees. Surveys are good but they're very impersonal

FARO Technologies2019-07-17

July 18, 2019

Thank you for your comments! We are so happy that after 10 years you are still a fan of FARO! We appreciate your recommendation about face to face interactions and we agree! FARO is always looking to improve and will take action on your recommendations. Keep the feedback coming!

Found 172 reviews