FARO Technologies "benefits are good" Reviews | Glassdoor

FARO Technologies Employee Reviews about "benefits are good"

Updated Nov 26, 2019

3.3
FARO Technologies CEO Michael D. Burger
Michael D. Burger
Pros
Cons
  • "People are leaving left and right due to upper management, pay and hostile environment(in 10 reviews)

• "Maybe because, he was on his best behaviour and too busy shielding the regular employees from talking to the new CEO(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "benefits are good"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"A step to the future"

Current Employee - Distribution Manager in Stuttgart

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunities, wide range of products, nice colleagues and in overall do meet my expectations

Cons

A bit of gaps in the IT system where you need to wait a bit to be solved. We will see :-)

FARO Technologies2019-10-14

"Great Company Investing in People & Technology"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Team is always engaging and proactive in getting me the tools and support I need; Very competent colleagues with vast knowledge of their respective disciplines; There is always a push to make our products better for the customer with heavy R&D including customer input; FARO products & service are superior compared to competition based on technology, user interfaces and customer support - according to... prospects I visit; tons of room for growth of sector technology and customer base -Construction BIM in my case; Personal professional growth is huge for me- so much to learn about complete work flow;

Cons

If you're not the adaptable type or don't like change it may be a con; If you're not the engaging or proactive type it may be a con;

Advice to Management

Continue the growth trajectory, investing in smart people and R&D

FARO Technologies2019-09-06

"Great potential but Senior Management is killing the company"

Current Employee - Technician in Exton, PA

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits Great technology CEO who cares and has good experience Most people are a pleasure to work with Good resources to accomplish work Positive outlook in the future

Cons

Terrible and totally unqualified Senior Management Absent HR and weak guidance Lack of direction Unreasonable expectations Behind the scenes, unethical business practices when dealing with customers Poor communication Almost no recognition or appreciation

Advice to Management

Senior Management specifically has a ton of problems and I believe it mostly relates to being extremely under qualified. A lot of illegal and unethical practices are taking place under wraps: Bullying Retaliation Targeting/discrimination A lot of employees are afraid to speak up because they do not trust HR to not do the same. It seems senior level and up cannot be trusted. Stop belittling lower level... employees and blaming them for problems that you should be solving. Stop looking out for just yourselves and throwing everyone else under the bus to simply secure promotion or not lose your job. Take feedback from employees. You have a responsibility to employees as much as employees have a responsibility to you. It is not a one way street.

FARO Technologies2019-11-22
  4. "Title shouldn't matter"

I have been working at FARO Technologies

Pros

Benefits are okay as well as some of the peers

Cons

High favoritism towards employees that have been w the company for years whether they are hard working or not, they automatically get better territories and better treatment.

Advice to Management

Management needs to live up to the title because they are super incompetent.

FARO Technologies2019-11-26

"Very neutral to grim outlook."

I have been working at FARO Technologies

Pros

Good people mixed in there, good technology, some good benefits.

Cons

Too much red tape. Everything is a protocol. If you need something from another department you need your manager from department A to contact the director of Department B, who does not even understand the request and will have the manager of department B make the decision. What is the point of that director then? People in management positions that got to them through friendships or seniority. Some of these... managers are not able to motivate, don't know how to address people, don't have the patience to answer questions, offer guidance or fulfill the needs of their team. HR can't answer simple yes or no questions with a yes or no. Stressful and grim enviroment as many people seem afraid that layoffs are coming under new vision. Healthcare went up 1000%

Advice to Management

This is more for the CEO, as the C level is being restructured. Be transparent with the employees. Some are terrified and stressed over layoffs. If they are coming, allow some people the heads up to start looking elsewhere. Evaluate the current management in the different teams. It's embarrassing how some people in upper management positions don't know what their teams handle or FARO as a whole does. Morale is... very low, pretzels are nice and a welcome detail, but we need to see change for the better. During the restructuring don't punish low level employees for the unrealistic promises, metrics, expectations and directives of upper and middle management. The low level workers are doing as told and trying to keep up, while management fail to analyze all the factors that can affect their KPIs.

FARO Technologies2019-10-04

"Great training, guidance and support"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been in sales for over 30 years and have worked with several companies. I've seen upper level management philosophy and how it trickled down to the employees. Some were not very good at appreciating their workforce. FARO is NOT one of them. Since being hired, I have experienced a sincere appreciation for the small part I do. From the corporate office to the field, everyone is pulling the same direction. ... It's refreshing really. I truly love the culture, the people and the management that support us. I hope to be here for a very long time.

Cons

I'm having some trouble with the T&E system/processes, but I have a strong feeling that is on my end :(

Advice to Management

None. I can't find a single thing I would do differently.

FARO Technologies2019-09-05

"Great experience working at FARO: The training and onboarding process is great; strategic and service oriented company"

Current Employee - Distribution Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at FARO Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, Team-work; Strategic thinking, Customer Oriented; Management

Cons

Weak communication between the Verticals (business)

FARO Technologies2019-09-05

"Very dynamic atmosphere with upper management constantly shifting metrics"

I worked at FARO Technologies

Pros

Lots of freedom Great team at the mid senior level Great products and technology

Cons

No job security Difficult metrics Shady board of directors

Advice to Management

Work with the sales team and set realistic metrics and follow through with compensation

FARO Technologies2019-09-11

"Inside sales team makes money for everyone but themselves"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at FARO Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers,benefits were decent. HR has seemed to improve in last two years and seem to want to help. Question is how much they can. Went to base plus commission comp plan. Products are good but old CEO rushed product releases.

Cons

Pay is not distributed fairly. Inside team makes calls finds customers and gets low commission pay once. The Inside Account Manager team is basically just taking orders for warranty, software etc and reaps benefits of others hard work at a higher commission rate. Too much like high school where buddy system is how promotions and territory is determined. Inside Sales team and Account managers should get residual... comp from accounts in territory like most companies do. Inside sales management team is unhelpful and relies on non management employees to train new employees. Anyone that was helpful has left or been pushed out. Had one person in management offer to help me and it wasn't even my manager. However they are no longer in management. Managers always in meetings and unavailable. Heard one Sales Manager gossip with her team about another employees personal issues.

Advice to Management

Pay the Inside Sales Teams for what they do as they are the ones finding you new business and helping Account Managers maintain existing. Create residual income for territories from warranty ,software and other items. I heard FARO used to do this so the inside sales and account managers benefited from their territory management. Stop hiring everyone's friends and family so treatment is fair. Listen to inside sales... teams feedback as many leave because better income at other companies. Sales people want residual income to an extent. Turnover is hurting sales. Get rid of bad managers and favoritism. Clean house on inside sales management. Hire new team based on qualifications.

FARO Technologies2019-09-22

"Caustic Work Environment"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Kennett Square, PA

I worked at FARO Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Lots of cool technology and lots of potential as a company - IF they get it together.

Cons

Anyone showing any initiative or perceived as a "threat" to certain individuals at the Director level is singled out and targeted by management. HR is also useless - they will cover up to protect this behavior.

Advice to Management

Clean house. There are a few specific people that need to go. Unfortunately a lot of the team that had the ability to lead going forward were already scapegoated out, so there may be a leadership gap - but that can be fixed, and is absolutely no excuse for maintaining the status quo in the current "management". One last example that sums things up perfectly during my time at FARO was the QC person that was told to,... "Fix things, but don't change anything". That person was eventually blamed and discarded like a lot of other good people.

FARO Technologies2019-08-29