FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Intern Reviews | Glassdoor

​​​​​​Michael Manley
  1. "Work Hard Play Hard"

Former Intern - Sales Intern in Denver, CO

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for less than a year

Pros

The internship really throws you into the true work environment. I never felt like "just an intern". I truly feel I was given important tasks because senior management actually ends up using what you create if it is helpful. I always looked forward to going to work. We played company softball, went to concerts, baseball games and happy hours. It is overall a work hard play hard environment.

Cons

Sales close is very stressful for everyone in the office. As an intern, sometimes I felt bad because I couldn't fully participate in the process since I did not actually work with the dealers. Also, some of the auto industry acronyms and jargon was overwhelming at first but once you learn it you're fine.

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2014-10-17
  2. "ICT Intern"

Current Employee - Intern in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun, meaningful projects, got to work with my team and network with other teams and learn all about the company outside of my area.

Cons

NO CODING JOBS AVAILABLE HERE

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2014-10-03
  3. "pretty poor"

Former Intern - IT Intern

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

Pros

great people, loved to help you out. seemed to really care about creating a good environment.

Cons

the project they gave me was poorly thought out and i didn't learn much. i wish they had been more hands on.

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2014-10-03
  4. "Great experience in automotive industry"

Former Intern - Product Development Intern in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for less than a year

Pros

There are a lot of special intern opportunities - tours of various labs and exciting areas like the wind tunnel, a day spent at the Chelsea Proving Grounds driving vehicles, in Product Development the possibility of driving vehicles/prototypes as part of your job, occasional fun hands-on experiences with vehicles (depending on assignment), and the ability to work side-by-side with full-time engineers. Interns also have a lot of access to upper management - for the better.

Cons

I didn't particularly enjoy my assignment - a lot of the assignments in the E/E (electrical/electronics) group are release engineer positions, where release engineers are essentially program managers, and manage a certain electrical module for a certain platform(s), from assignment to a supplier to manufacturing and assembly in the vehicle plant. It is not terribly technical - I wasn't knee deep in code or electrical schematics almost ever - but it was rewarding in the sense of responsibility and ownership.

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2014-09-22
  5. "Supply Chain Management Internship"

Former Intern - Supply Chain Management Intern

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for less than a year

Pros

Corporate culture has shifted to a less hierarchical structure and most people are laid back. People have a "work hard, play hard" mindset.

Cons

Headquarters are outside of Detroit and you need to drive a ways to get anywhere. If you don't mind the Michigan winters, it's not a bad area.

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2014-09-16
  6. "Overall a satisfying experience."

Current Intern - Supply Chain Intern in Detroit, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for less than a year

Pros

Great team of interns. Most employees were willing to help interns learn the ropes.

Cons

Corporate politics. Some full time employees didn't appreciate having interns around. Also engineers got to take cars for the weekend and Supply Chain interns did not.

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2014-09-08
  7. "Good place to lunch your professional career"

Former Intern - Intern in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for less than a year

Pros

Multiple departments and variety of jobs

Cons

Huge company so you need to find your own path

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2014-08-24
  8. "Old fashioned, boring"

Current Intern - Finance Intern in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for less than a year

Pros

Good salary for finance employees, the potential to move is is certainly there if you are willing to put in the boring work.

Cons

old management, boring roles, too much off time, managers don't know how to delegate work, job feels pointless, no direct impact on anything since the company is so huge

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2014-08-04
  9. "IT Intern"

Former Intern - IT Intern in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for less than a year

Pros

Friendly and caring people. Competitive salary and benefits. Excellent culture and great products. Interns enjoy field trips to plants and the race track. During these trips, there are vast amounts of information one can learn about how the cars are made/tested. Very satisfying experience for someone who likes cars.

Cons

Somewhat bureaucratic and slow-paced at times for an intern who is still in college. Mentors are sometimes not the best.

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2014-06-01
  10. "Friendly, but non-challenging work environment."

Former Intern - Human Resources Intern in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for less than a year

Pros

The people are friendly and people at the higher levels of management (in and out of HR) are approachable for the most part. It had decent pay for an intern position, however some departments made people work half-days on holidays. Overall it was a good experience.

Cons

I feel like I was underutilized in my role, probably because of the department that the HR intern coordinators placed me in. Some of the HR staff in headquarters have a level of fakeness which blocks cameraderie. From my impression, it seems like there is too much work and too few workers in certain areas of HR.

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles2014-05-05

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 80 reviews