FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Reviews | Glassdoor

​​​​​​Michael Manley

1,844 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Bad in compensation,no work life balance" (in 101 reviews)

• "Long hours, lots of overtime (mandatory at times)" (in 107 reviews)

1. "Retired"

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time

Pros

FCA builds some of the best vehicles in the world. Personally have purchased 26 vehicles from FCA And continue to purchase from FCA.

Cons

Cannot give you one con about this company.

Advice to Management

Should have a customer loyalty program and a customer advice line. We need to know what our customers expect from FCA and a program for customers testing our product over a period of time.

2. "Good work environment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you can learn full list of latest vehicle technologies and integrate them into vehicles by hand. Can accumulate lots of useful experience

Cons

Not a fast-pace work environment.

3. "Good company"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment is great

Cons

Long hours to be successful

4. "Exciting Environment w/Uneven Leadership"

Current Employee - Environmental Health and Safety Manager
    Current Employee - Environmental Health and Safety Manager

Pros

There is a lot of variety and activity; people are well-paid. Salaried employees go to CTC on their first day to get a valuable orientation.

Cons

Some of the senior managers do not practice principles of leadership. I worked for a micro-manager who was a terrible gossip. He said awful things about my colleagues (the people who worked for him), as well as the people for whom he worked. The on-the-job orientation was ghastly at my plant. Other than showing me where the bathroom was, I had to learn everything on my own.

Advice to Management

Truly evaluate whether people in leadership roles deserve to be there.

5. ""Part Time" Temp"

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles part-time

Pros

Overtime is great
    Easy work

Cons

13.5 hour shifts
    6 days a week
    Forced until full time

Advice to Management

There are plenty of employees. Create a rotation schedule so you don't kill the temps

6. "No Loyalty"

Former Employee - SQE in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - SQE in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A big company with room for growth within it.
    Great Pay for starting jobs.
    Great Incentives

Cons

No Job Security
    Management is awful
    Horrible core values

Advice to Management

Either change your management or the company is going to sink because of it.

7. "pays the bills, not a dream job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Pros

(with regard to FCA Design)

Good pay

Great place for walking! It’s about a mile, if you walk all 3 corridors. They are sunny and carpeted, lots of escalators- it looks very much like a mall. There is also a trail through woods (about a mile?).

The design director, Ralph, is very "down-to-earth", one of the people. People, in general, are cordial, polite and friendly. There isn't a noticeable hierarchy of direct and contract hires.

Cons

With regard to all the things I see that could be fixed, there is a general attitude of “that’s just the way it is here”. People accept problems without trying to make things better or even see improvement as a possibility.

A major con I see is that the computer hardware is old and slow and the software is limited to what you request and are approved for, which sometimes takes months to receive. The quality of visual work is much lower than other design facilities where I’ve worked and I’m sure it’s due in part to these limitations. The monitors are on their “last legs” and nothing is color calibrated.

There is a lack of communication and scheduling between design groups and in turn, a lack of respect for one’s time. My work flow is feast or famine. I have nothing to do most of the time and then a mad rush and an impossible deadline comes out of nowhere, with no warning, forcing me to turn in sub-par work.

Just like some of the other Midwest OEMs, there exists a network of nepotism and cronyism. Unlike the other design studios where I’ve worked, many of the employees don’t seem to be college educated. I am surrounded by terrible grammar and constant talk of drinking stories. It is very much an Old Boys Club with very few females and minorities.

Although I’d rather have a lax manager than a micro-manager, my manager seems to be riding out his time till retirement, doing the least possible amount of work possible. I have no idea what the other members of my team are doing- no meetings. I was never introduced to the other members of my team and had to do this myself. There is no excuse for this.

Parking is far, especially if you have a competitor vehicle- you have to park in a separate lot. It takes 10 minutes to walk from the lot and through the building, so that’s 100 minutes a week I’m not getting paid for. There has been (most likely) intentional damage to competitor vehicles parked in these lots.

Zero career education / improvement or travel

Few perks. The vehicle discount is 1%, which is almost an insult. You have to pay to use the gym. I see signs in the building for massages, haircuts, but I don’t know the cost. There is a large cafeteria and satellite cafes- I can’t comment, since I bring my lunch. There are several Dunkin Donuts and Subway restaurants in the building, which is a statement for the Midwest diet and lack of healthy choices.

Advice to Management

Hire a more diverse work force.

Management of management needs to be supervised.

Find ways to inspire people and it will show in the designs.

8. "Great Company Products"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for, products are very appealing, you will feel proud to collaborate in the development of their vehicles. Nice benefits except for medical and time off for new hires, team work among the different company teams. The company really stepped up on delivering increased quality on their products. If you wish you can improve your education and training trough their tuition benefits.

Cons

Always very short time to develop the upcoming product, very little time off for experienced personal if you are a new hire, options for growth seem to be limited.

Advice to Management

Review competitors and suppliers benefit packages, seems like employees leave the company for better benefits opportunities along with better pay.

9. "Intern"

Pros

Really fun
    Learnt lots of new things

Cons

A lot of my views conflicted theirs

10. "Intern"

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time

Pros

Given useful projects that I learned a lot from!
    Great coworkers

Cons

Out of date culture, not very diverse managment

Showing 1,844 of 2,193 reviews