FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Reviews | Glassdoor

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Sergio Marchionne
Sergio Marchionne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Terrible Working Environment"

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time

Pros

Compensation at FCA is great and pretty much the only saving grace. Though there are many days where it is not worth the pay.

Cons

Rude Line Opperators, United Auto Workers, back stabbing upper managment, they promote incompetence. If you want to move up in FCA just be terrible at your job.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees who deserve praise as you should and ignore the losers who just happen to yell the loudest.

2. "Can’t wait to find another job"

Current Employee - PTV Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - PTV Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to learn lot including favoritism. Prepare you for any job in future.

Cons

Plm review process. If u r not favorite, u r screwed, no matter what u do for FCA.

Advice to Management

Change plm technique. Do honest review. Look at real contributions and not what someone did 2 year back.

"Horrible experience - Powertrain engineering"

Current Employee - Powertrain Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Powertrain Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get thrown in front of the bus with no warning as soon as you join, it’s a great way to learn really good life lessons and a way to learn things fast. You will get hit by the bus several times along your journey , however you learn to become a better person and learn a lot. You get great exposure to different groups within the company.

Cons

Lots of politics. Everyone tries to meet unrealistic timelines knowing they will never meet. Management people would rather hear a pleasant lie over harsh truth. It’s all about CYOA. You get hired as contract and lots of politics go into getting hired direct. If you are related to the senior manager, you get hired direct before someone who’s been there a year before you. They will drain the life out of you and throw you down the hole. Good work is never appreciated , they will always remember a mistake you’ve made.

You want to get ahead at FCA? It’s simple. Don’t do any work, go to meetings , talk crap if it makes sense or not, just be louder than the other person. You can spit out garbage and management will appreciate you over someone who actually does good work but keeps quite.

Advice to Management

Appreciate people who do actual work and not the ones who go to meetings and speak loudly

"Assistant Chief"

Former Employee - Assistant Chief Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Chief Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to own it. Crazy Ivan's happen on an all the time basis and that can be very exciting but more chaos than progress a lot of the time results.

Cons

You get none of what you need to actually own it done right wise but get told all the time what your doing wrong.

Advice to Management

Add some staff and the appropriate support for that staff with equipment to develop product with in the labs. Buzzword "upgrade time".

"crappy company"

Current Employee - Production Operator in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Production Operator in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good for entry level no education job.

Cons

everything else, your just a slave and plant floor supervisors are not good at their job. Benn here for almost 5years and haven't seen a competent plant floor supervisor yet. They come in from college or somewhere else with NO floor experience and it shows

Advice to Management

Management doesn't know how to do simple things like put right amount of manpower on a line, the company should hiring management from line workers who have more intimate knowledge of how the plant floor works.

"very bad experience here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time

Pros

Some very good engineers and helpful folks in various departments. Great labs.

Cons

I got fired here after taking approved bereavement days when I learned my father was dying. I was written up for misconduct for missing excessive days of work, although I continued to work off-site while in the ICU. Total days missed: 4.

I was also asked if my dad was really dying, or if I just made it up to get off work.

This really added to the stress of such a traumatic situation I was going through. I would not recommend working here to anyone. Thanks to this, I now have "misconduct" as the reason for my termination which concerns potential employers, and am dealing with my family situation on top of it. Awesome experience all around.

Advice to Management

Your employees really deserve better than this. Getting fired in the middle of a grief situation is pretty much the lowest thing a corporation can do to a person.

"quality engineer"

Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Detroit, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

overtime money, No accountability for job, No responsibility.

Cons

extremely bad management, appraisals are fixed . promotions are based on good old boys network, nepotism and racism are very prevalent. Scot-Irish people are preferred for promotion

Advice to Management

Promotions should not be based on friends and family program

"Awful experience and terrible culture"

Former Employee - Commodity Buyer in Waterford, MI
    Former Employee - Commodity Buyer in Waterford, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working here that you can't get at any other OEM or automotive supplier. The pay, benefits and salary are all less than other OEMs and tier 1 suppliers.

Cons

In my 1.5 years at FCA I had 3 different managers and 3 different teams. I came to realize quickly that verbal abuse, bullying and berating in front of coworkers was commonplace. The pay, bonuses and benefits are less than what you would receive at any other OEM or tier 1 supplier. The environment is extremely hostile and unfriendly due to the unrealistic expectations placed on associates by upper management. After being creamed and cursed at by my manager in front of my coworkers several times, I asked to switch to a role in a different department. I was told that regardless of circumstance it is the policy that you have to stay put for 2 years. I left the company for another OEM shortly after.

"It could be a better place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Pros

Large company with opportunity for mobility and quality people that are passionate and want to do well at all levels

Cons

Lack of transparency and respect for people and their work. No visibility on career options or medium term expectations. No appreciation for human capital generally.

Advice to Management

There is a difference between turnaround situations, like Fiat and Chrysler were at some point, and building a great and sustainable business for the long term. The company needs a leader to organize its processes, devise its strategy and grow and retain its human capital, not someone who thinks he is so great that he can run a business as complex as this remotedly and by glancing superficially at it.

"worst corporate culture"

Current Employee - Mid-Level Professional in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Mid-Level Professional in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

pay and benefits are good

Cons

The most hostile, negative environment I've ever experienced, from the top down. The CEO encourages backstabbing and one-up-manship, so only the cruelest people succeed. And the higher you go in the organization, the more it becomes a sweatshop to keep up. You're expected to be online and available 24/7.

Advice to Management

Stop enabling the bullying at every level.

Showing 128 of 1,802 reviews