FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Reviews | Glassdoor

1,380 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,380 Employee Reviews

Cons

1. "Good company and culture but lack of innovation"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good competitive salary and work life balance.

Cons

Serious lack of innovation in the company and decision making power for mid level employees.

Advice to Management

Provide more autonomy and decision making power to mid level employees

2. "Trim Dept. Team Leader"

Current Employee - Trim Department Team Leader () in Belvidere, IL
    Current Employee - Trim Department Team Leader () in Belvidere, IL

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance) 3 Shifts, not the best hours, but you start, and eventually make your way to the good shifts. The work is not crazy hard or physically taxing, however if you don't like repetition this probably is not the job for you. Great pay and great people most of the time to work with. If you are a Veteran they really take care of you, which I love to see, Management or Hourly.

Cons

Some of the hours aren't family friendly. Not much to complain about though, they take care of their people.

Advice to Management

Practice people/social skills before being hired. Keep and open mind, it's a different type of settinf

3. "Senior Supplier Quality Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Supplier Quality Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Supplier Quality Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, management supports my career goals, excellent benefits, even if you joined after pension stopped being offered.

Cons

Somewhat chaotic, lots of systems to navigate

"Awful experience and terrible culture"

Former Employee - Commodity Buyer in Waterford, MI
    Former Employee - Commodity Buyer in Waterford, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working here that you can't get at any other OEM or automotive supplier. The pay, benefits and salary are all less than other OEMs and tier 1 suppliers.

Cons

In my 1.5 years at FCA I had 3 different managers and 3 different teams. I came to realize quickly that verbal abuse, bullying and berating in front of coworkers was commonplace. The pay, bonuses and benefits are less than what you would receive at any other OEM or tier 1 supplier. The environment is extremely hostile and unfriendly due to the unrealistic expectations placed on associates by upper management. After being creamed and cursed at by my manager in front of my coworkers several times, I asked to switch to a role in a different department. I was told that regardless of circumstance it is the policy that you have to stay put for 2 years. I left the company for another OEM shortly after.

5. "FCA Automobiles"

Current Employee - Material Controls Supervisor in Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Material Controls Supervisor in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company for developing interpersonal skills by managing a large workforce.

Cons

Difficult work schedule and work life balance.

Advice to Management

Provide more time during the shift to leave the floor and work on paperwork and required metrics for company development.

"Great experience"

Former Employee - Production Control Analyst in Kokomo, IN
    Former Employee - Production Control Analyst in Kokomo, IN

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of responsibility give early on. Fast paced. Great people. Overtime. They'll pay for you to go back to school. Great medical.

Cons

Old school management types run everything. Everyone has a "I have to cover my arse" attitude. The hierarchy is really layered.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a culling of management. Bring in outside talent. The good old boy's club at the top is ruining the company.

"Decent environment for entry level engineer"

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Initial offer had a decent salary considering the good benefits. Accepted salary negotiation to reach a well above market value salary.
    -Automatic contributions to 401k and matching
    -Okay healthcare options
    -Friendly, goal driven environment
    -Will send you to training for various softwares
    -Good career opportunities taking the place of people who leave for GM and Ford...
    -Building is nice with a big cafeteria and large windows

Cons

-The work life balance isn't perfect. It's a bit up and down depending on where a program is in development.
    -The technical prowess isn't as high as I expected it to be. Many experienced people have left to GM or Ford for pay raises leaving a hole in talent. Too much emphasis is placed on benchmarking other vehicles that are assumed to be good rather than spending time to do original, thoughtful design.
    -The design studio has a much better working environment. More ergonomic setup, open layout workplace, etc.

Advice to Management

Stagger the products correctly to maintain a less variable workflow. Renovate the cube farms to the same layout as the design studio. How do you think the startups in California appeal to young engineers they poach from Detroit?

8. "WCM Lead"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great and flexible work place

Cons

no room for career improvement

Advice to Management

start talking with others

9. "Purchasing Manager"

Current Employee - Purchasing Specialist in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Purchasing Specialist in Auburn Hills, MI

Pros

Great access to great products

Cons

Merit Raises are few and far between. Competency is secondary to a "yes" mentality

Advice to Management

Look longer term than the next 12 months with employees. Necessary experience is walking out the door every day

10. "Maintenance, machine repair, machinist"

Current Employee - Machine Repairman in Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Machine Repairman in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, lots of overtime when sales are good. 4x10 work schedule is great for those with enough seniority to hold day shift. World Class Manufacturing principles are having a positive impact in the operations and work environment. the opportunity to work on and learn a large variety of machine types

Cons

Alternate Work Schedule; 4 days of 10 hours, not family friendly for low seniority workers who are on the off shifts or nights. Forced overtime can further interfere with a balanced life.

Showing 1,380 of 1,600 reviews