FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Reviews in Sterling Heights, MI | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Welder Supervisor Intern"

Former Intern - Welder Repair Supervisor in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Intern - Welder Repair Supervisor in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros of the internship were; hourly wage, the people, my boss, and also the majority of the workers I was supervising.

Cons

The cons of the internship were; how its managed, how its very difficult to implement change, and how hard headed majority of the people are.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen and be willing to implement change. Many of the full time employees would constantly tell me that there is no reason to voice your opinion as they will not even review. This is very disheartening for any engineer or employee.

"crappy company"

Current Employee - Production Operator in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good for entry level no education job.

Cons

everything else, your just a slave and plant floor supervisors are not good at their job. Benn here for almost 5years and haven't seen a competent plant floor supervisor yet. They come in from college or somewhere else with NO floor experience and it shows

Advice to Management

Management doesn't know how to do simple things like put right amount of manpower on a line, the company should hiring management from line workers who have more intimate knowledge of how the plant floor works.

"Poor retention of talented salary employees, demoralized management due to poor pay and hours practices"

Current Employee - Mid Level Professional - Skilled Trades Manager in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good 401k match, decent benefits, great company lease program with good selection of products, base salary is good if you work 40 hours but nobody works just 40 hours

Cons

Performance Review process and bonus award is demoralizing, Excessive casual unpaid overtime is expected and no premium pay for overtime worked. Hourly subordinates can actually make more money than their supervisors and managers.

Advice to Management

Eliminate casual overtime and pay premium overtime wages to help retain top talent. This company could be great if it just treated its salary talent better.

"Team leader- repairman"

Current Employee - Team Leader/Heavy Repairman in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Team Leader/Heavy Repairman in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time

Pros

To help be the best manufacturer of cars in the world. Salary is decent and the people I work with are amazing.

Cons

Management expects employees to work like robots and management gets the big bonuses while we the employees that build the cars do not.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees on the job not just what looks good on paper.

"Line Assembly"

Current Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits, great pay and great hours

Cons

Not enough communication amongst the workers in the plant

Advice to Management

N/A

6. "good"

Current Employee - Auto Assembler in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Auto Assembler in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time

Pros

i like meeting new people and my chrysler family is like my second family

Cons

not always seeing eye to eye about the proper procedure to follow

Advice to Management

follow procedure correctly

"Temp employee at sterling stamping"

Current Employee - Production Operator in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Starting rate 15.87 partial health care and 401k. I guess i will just continue to type until I satisfy the 20 word requirement.

Cons

As a perma temp i make about half what my coworkers make in a lot of cases while doing the same or more work. I have worked here as a temp for 2 years never missed a day never been late bust my tail everyday to no avail, i alongside my fellow temps have never been offered fulltime. We do not receive any of the bonus money our hard work helps to earn, we receive no vacation and if we want any time off we have to fill out a leave of absence form.

We are NEVER allowed to call off, this past winter i had a vicious stomach flu and had to drive 30 miles to work vomiting in a bag the whole ride just to inform my supervisor i was sick and needed to go home. I had to stop at every bathroom on my out of the plant to puke. I left work and straight to the hospital for an iv to replenish lost fluids not a good day. To this day if i had a family emergency i have no idea who to call if god forbid i couldnt make it to work. I asked my team leader what to do in this situation and as god is my witness he said "they really dont want you guys calling off" gee thanks!

We pay union dues to the UAW for absolutely nothing! Unlike fulltimers if fca fires us the union can not get our job back, worse yet the union has looked the other way and allowed FCA to bring in more and more temps becuse who cares the company gets cheap labor they can term at any time and the UAW gets dues. Its a scary feeling knowing i could lose my job for one time getting stuck in a traffic jam or god forbid a flat tire.

Our Healthcare does not include prescription coverage so that gets very expensive i have to shop around to buy my sons prescriptions which can cost hundreds per month.

Advice to Management

Temps/tpts are still human beings and should not be treated like garbage that can be tossed at any time. We have families and responsibilities like any other employees we like myself are veterans who have served we work in most cases FAR harder than the fulltimers who make much more than we do for the same type of work. The UAW as well as FCA views us as second class citizens who should consider themselves lucky to work for scraps and its very sad.

If you do not intend to make us fulltime ever than at least let us know so we can plan accordingly we deserve that much.

8. "manager"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Difficult to take time off

Advice to Management

Hire more staff

"Production operator"

Current Employee - Production Operator in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Meet and work with some of the greatest individuals who love what they do.

Cons

The company isn't for the people. The company does not take care of their workers.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equally and as an adult. Respect the workers as they respect management.

10. "Chrysler"

Former Employee - Production Operator in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Production Operator in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (More than a year)

Pros

Pay bonus co workers opportunities Union five breaks advancement help with school medical dental vision 401K life insurance reimbursement discounts

Cons

Bad management bad Union members bad Stewart's ceo is horrible you will have no life horrible hours don't care about the workers

Advice to Management

Get better workers who actually care

Showing 24 of 1,838 reviews