FCB Global Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Carter Murray

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance was a disaster (in 21 reviews)

• There are long hours but very satisfying (in 37 reviews)

"The best"

I have been working at FCB Global full-time

Pros

The culture, the people, the work, THE OFFICE.

Cons

Don't really have any cons.

2. "Executive Producer"

Former Employee - Executive Producer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Producer in Chicago, IL

I worked at FCB Global full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

FCB is a good place to work with really great people. They have a good roster and work hard to consistently bring in new business.

Cons

FCB should value what employees in Print Production bring to the table.

3. "Supportive agency with growth to those who seek"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FCB Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FCB does a great job to offer excellent trainings, opportunities & community building events to those who take action. The people here are amazing (agency of 700-800 brings in all walks of life to connect to). A great place to begin your career/be a transplant to this city with no connections.

Cons

FCB tends to low-ball salaries more than any other agency, unfortunately. Promotions can be earned, but typically are not well reflected in salary per industry standards.

Advice to Management

Have clear expectations to your team to understand how they are truly being graded. If you say you are a team player, truly be a team player.

"Creativity"

Pros

FCB has a global network with a number of offices that shine, creatively, across the global landscape.

Cons

The U.S. has yet to support a core creative approach within in its overall strategic messaging - eschewing creative as a side-benefit, rather than understanding its importance in communicating with consumers.

Advice to Management

Recognize what resonates emotionally with consumers, understand the role that creativity plays in the messaging to consumers and use the data to inform that creative message.

"Analytics Team - Be Very Careful"

I worked at FCB Global full-time

Pros

2/3 of the team analytics team is great
    Training provided by HR
    Great building/location/agency atmosphere

Cons

Be careful who you role under on the analytics team- one of the three senior leaders on the team is very unprofessional, manipulative, demeaning, and frankly doesn't know a thing about analytics . Ask a lot of questions during the interview and if you discover there has been a lot of turnover under your specific hiring manager- RUN.

Advice to Management

If there is known problem in the system causing turnover- don't waste your time/money/effort with constant recruiting- remove the issue

"It could always be worse. Right? Right."

I worked at FCB Global (More than 3 years)

Pros

Look in the mirror and ask yourself some basic questions.

-Are you between the ages of 22-24?
    - Do you feel excited and grateful to be entering the wAckY, WILD world of marketing and advertising...I mean visual storytelling?
    -Does 50,000 dollars sound like a lot of money to you?

If you answered YES to the above questions, then run don't walk to the Hancock and sell your soul to The MAN- I mean, network and get yourself a top notch starter job. Trust me, your grandparents have heard of Foote, Cone & Belding and you will be praised accordingly.

For juniors and optimistic mid-levels, I think this is a great place to hone your skills. Your standards for living & working are still low enough that you'll be able to appreciate the wide range of experience you'll gain in a very short time. I really do believe that working at this agency will set you up for success wherever your career takes you next. It will also be a great place for you to discover what you find acceptable and unacceptable in your day-to-day work life.

Cons

This shop won't be winning any office culture awards anytime soon. You'll meet the most talented, lovely people and share a rare bond that can only grow deep in the trenches. Upper management will make choices that disturb you. You will often think "Cannes we not?" Your paycheck will elicit this weird emotion where you're sort of laughing and crying at the same time. Don't worry, you're not actually dying, that's just an anxiety attack and it's *~*totally normal*~*. There is a 93.7% chance that you will at some point have a boss that will only be described with words like "tyrant", "absent", and "what?"

I found the lack of HR support regarding inappropriate behavior to be really upsetting. Perhaps this agency is at the tail end of their "old school chapter" and will start improving as more great employees leave for places with better culture and forward thinking attitudes.

Advice to Management

-Shift your focus. The creative landscape is changing. Creative goals are changing. Listen to your mid-level and senior staff ( really, listen! With your earholes!) and start aligning agency goals with those of your employees. Award show obsession feels unbelievably outdated. Just because this is the Midwest, must we act like the Midwest?

- This is for HR. Read your exit interviews and take complaints seriously- even if they're about upper level management( I know, #drama, scary!) I'm not sure if those piles of paper are just seen as convenient ways to keep a file cabinet warm, but I believe that if you started deep diving into those you'd see some similar patterns and could start pushing through positive change. Be a hero for the people.

-$$$. The salary thing. It's an issue if you're looking to hold onto employees. Everyone can tell when they're overworked and underpaid. Or just ignore this, if you truly feel that your talent is 100% disposable ( I hope that's not true!)

Okay one positive thing: Thank you for that Cannes towel. It's the gift that keeps on giving & amuses me every time I look at it! Bizarre advertising tchotchkes will always be appreciated ( though don't get confused and think they can replace a bonus or anything.)

"Pretty good"

Current Employee - Art Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FCB Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people and good culture

Cons

Poor leadership and crazy hours

"writer"

Former Employee - Writer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Writer in Chicago, IL

I worked at FCB Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Whatever good there was eclipsed by the sadistic environment. I speak for many on this point.

Cons

Rough place to work. Poorly managed. Brutal, cut-throat culture.

"Look Elsewhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at FCB Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The $1 Coffee & Smoothie Bar

Cons

Lack of Diversity
    Non-Inclusive Culture
    Junior Folk in Senior Roles
    Lack of Leadership
    Lack of Cross Department Communication
    No (Real) Digital Clients

Advice to Management

Beef up your diversity and stop hiring friends of friends who have no experience. Stop letting account management run the show; you'll acquire and retain better creative talent.

"Art Director"

Current Employee - Art Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FCB Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company gives really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really great PTO

Cons

They over work, under pay, and do not give any credit to loyal and worthwhile employees.

Advice to Management

They need to pay them more, give a much better work-life balance, and help fight for better creative.