FDM Group Applications Support Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

FDM Group CEO Rod Flavell
Rod Flavell

"Application Support"

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at FDM Group for less than a year

Pros

-amazing work culture. everyone is young, full of energy and motivated -the training and trainers are amazing, and know their stuff inside out -the account managers work very hard to find and prepare you for roles

Cons

-the payment during training could be higher, but since you havent been placed yet, its understandable that it isnt

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

FDM Group2016-09-08

"Great start to my career"

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at FDM Group full-time

Pros

Culture is so great that it makes you want to come to work everyday (amazing location and people), The 3 months training is very helpful no matter what you end up doing in the future (UNIX, SQL, BA, ITIL), This has been a very successful business model in the UK, USA, Hong Kong etc, and the Toronto location is getting more and more popularity. If you have an interest in finance and IT, then FDM is the way to go!

Cons

Pay is the only bad thing, but you can't complain considering they pay for training + 2 certificate vouchers + get you started with a career you otherwise couldn't get in to.

Advice to Management

Keep following the model. Keep valuing the consultants.

FDM Group2016-07-30
  3. "Application Support Analyst"

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Zürich

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Gives a great opportunity to launch a career in IT. You get to work for top firms from different industry sectors.

Cons

Not that great support from the staff once you're on site.

Advice to Management

Try making plans to get in touch with Consultants at different points during their placements to see the progress being made by consultants.

FDM Group2015-06-21

"IT Career Kickstarter"

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for FDM has been a great experience for me. The commercially-relevant training instantly gave me credibility as a qualified IT professional. I have worked with some fantastic clients and had invaluable exposure at an early stage in my career, which allowed me to progress faster than expected. Most importantly I have met some great like-minded people on my FDM journey.

Cons

The initial training is very intense and unpaid, which can be a struggle, but if you can get through it, its all uphill there onwards. Also the fixed salary for the first two years is not great, especially when you are expected to be geographically flexible, but you learn so much in these two years and can command almost double in your 3rd year.

Advice to Management

Think up of some performance related bonus.

FDM Group2014-04-25
  5. "Fun, challenging and fast paced with great career prospects. Fast growing company."

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast growing company Extensive client list Fantastic opportunities for graduates

Cons

No major cons as yet.

FDM Group2013-06-14
  6. "Great to get a foot in the door of an investment bank, poorly paid"

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can almost guarantee you a job in an investment wih the prospects of a great career Nearly all investment banks are their clients

Cons

Money terrible; 22k yr 1 27k yr2 After the two yrs if you want to go contracting with your employer u have to either buy out for 3months gross or leave for 6 months and come back

Advice to Management

Don't be so tight with the money, look after your staff

FDM Group2013-05-04
  7. "Application Support Analyst"

Former Employee - Applications Support Analyst in London, England

I worked at FDM Group for less than a year

Pros

Good experience, lots of learning opportunities using different softwares and skill sets. Good opportunity to get into the finance and IT sectors

Cons

Some trainings are good, but not enough practise. Some trainings are useless and spent too much time on them. No wages, need to support yourself for the duration of the training and 90 days. (Min:10 weeks Max: 6 months)

FDM Group2013-03-21
  8. "Current Mountie"

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I seeked employment for five months after I finished university, and failed to gain ONE interview in this time. I trained in Application Support and have just been placed at Barclays after 4 months at FDM. It has been hard on my money, but as a route into the world of finance, it is helped. FDM could improve some areas, the VBA course is one example. But it is a lie to say they mis-inform you! I would like to point...

Cons

The salary could be bigger in London. We are left to independantly learn Training is difficult at points

Advice to Management

relate more to mounties, perhaps arrnage more events where current trainers interact with account managers.

FDM Group2012-11-30

"OK in terms of getting experience of the financial IT area, but not much else."

I have been working at FDM Group

Pros

The only reason I see as beneficial from working with FDM has been the chance to gain experience in financial (investment bank in my case) IT industry.

Cons

- Renumeration is less than the equivalent level (entry/graduate) roles for permanent employees at financial insitutions. - No real benefits other than a salary (no pension, bike2work, dental etc etc) - The training is not a very high standard (class environment is akin to being back at sixth form college unfortunately) - No objectives setting when on a placement, no apparaisal/review system. Left to your own devices...

Advice to Management

See those items listed in the pros and cons above. This is intended as constructive, for anyone looking up the compant on glassdoor.

FDM Group2012-05-03